PDA

View Full Version : Syfy To Air Remaining Eps in Marathon on Jan 4 2011

RealmOfX
November 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
From The Futon Critic (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/11/19/exclusive-syfys-caprica-to-sign-off-tuesday-january-4-416014/8987/) :

Exclusive: Syfy's "Caprica" to Sign Off Tuesday, January 4

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Syfy will say goodbye to "Caprica" with a five-hour marathon of the show's final episodes on Tuesday, January 4 beginning at 6:00/5:00c, network sources have confirmed to the site exclusively.

Read the complete article via the link

DigiFluid
November 19th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Like a band-aid.

huntress
November 20th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Funny. On my birthday. An unintentioned birthdaygift from that SciFi. I'd rather have a second season.

Sp!der
November 20th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Funny. On my birthday. An unintentioned birthdaygift from that SciFi. I'd rather have a second season.

yes me too, maybe our versions in an alternate universe have more luck, always stay positive. ;)

leeman15251
November 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Why didn't syfy just continue showing the episodes after SGU?

Angela V
November 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Wow. So it's better to show re runs of an old sci-fi show Star Trek The Next Generation than finish off a NEW show right now. Hopefully those who can't sit on their butts for 5 hours straight have means of recording. Though you know the DVD is coming out BEFORE so SyFy is probably hoping you'll go out and buy it so who cares how they burn off the Final Five episodes?

I'm glad Space is allowed to finish off the episodes. It's cool to see their ads about how you can only watch these final episodes on this station right now and how many are left. And it's too bad SyFy treated the show badly because it has gotten so frakking good.

jelgate
November 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Why didn't syfy just continue showing the episodes after SGU?

They just rather get rid of the show because of the abysimal ratings

Pharaoh Atem
November 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM
bye 'waves'

pipi
November 28th, 2010, 01:33 AM
At least we still get to watch it somehow. So I'm thankful for that. Thanks Syfy. :)

Jper
December 1st, 2010, 12:18 PM
I'll definitely buy the DVD when it comes out. It is a pretty decent show IMHO, but the long break combined with the slacking pace of the episodes in the middle killed the show. The beginning was very good. And it seems the ending will be excellent as well. :)

TBA
December 1st, 2010, 12:30 PM
The beginning was very good. And it seems the ending will be excellent as well. :)

Trust me, it is :)

Jper
December 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Then it's really too bad the show got canceled. :( All shows I like seem to get canceled. :S

TBA
December 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
Then it's really too bad the show got canceled. :( All shows I like seem to get canceled. :S

All shows with Summer Glau in, you mean :P

daniel9
December 1st, 2010, 02:12 PM
lol do you like fringe too? that is about to be canned as well with it being moved to the friday death slot

Jper
December 1st, 2010, 03:25 PM
All shows with Summer Glau in, you mean :P

Actually SGA and Dark Angel for example didn't have SG in them... so it's more than that. ;)

Ian-S
December 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM
They just rather get rid of the show because of the abysimal ratings

or possibly there's some financial saving for them not showing the episodes first?
But you're probably right lol.

Replicator Todd
December 2nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
Too many shows are cancelled these days...too many. I don't care about the ratings, SyFy is mean! :(

jelgate
December 3rd, 2010, 06:00 AM
Too many shows are cancelled these days...too many. I don't care about the ratings, SyFy is mean! :(

You can't ask a company to produce something that is causing them to lose money. It makes no sense.

daniel9
December 3rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
i wonder if you're like this when any show on scifi gets canned?

jelgate
December 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
i wonder if you're like this when any show on scifi gets canned?

Depends on situation. With numbers so bad its hard to be angry at SyFy for cancelling Caprica. You can't expect someone to produce a product people aren't buying. Other times when the ratings are decent for a show I question the networks motivation for cancelling a show.

Ukko
December 9th, 2010, 05:07 AM
You can't ask a company to produce something that is causing them to lose money. It makes no sense.

Yes you can.

Ok, they wont listen, but you can always ask:p

Pharaoh Atem
December 9th, 2010, 05:00 PM
can't wait for this