Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obituaries, Funerals and Burials for the fallen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obituaries, Funerals and Burials for the fallen?

How will this work?

They can't dedicate a cargo bay in Destiny to house dead bodies. I don't believe we have found hibernation pods like how the browns came out from.

The only option they have is to bury the fallen on a planet with a gate, hoping it's peaceful enough to give the dead a proper farewell.

The other alternative is incinerate / cremate them, store the remains in an urn, and hopefully no one would forget about them when they are able to dial home back to earth.

Thing is, they don't have urns... unless they disassemble kino's and use them as urns.

On a side note, given the numerous deaths so far in the SGU universe, although there are plenty of appreciation threads, I believe we need dedicated threads for obituaries. Seems only the proper thing left to do to lay their characters to rest unless the writers decides to bring them back through flashbacks or dreams. Don't you think?

Let me quote Greer: "BBQ?"
    'Death stands above me, whispering low I know not what in my ear . . .'

Comment

Resorting to cannibalism? Really? Seriously? =\

Comment

Its meat, why bother to ask its name.. But realy, on shipwrecks people did resort to eating others to survive.. 'ts Natural.
        'Death stands above me, whispering low I know not what in my ear . . .'

Comment

They could always launch them into space through a hole in the hull or the airlock.
          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

They seemed to have more than enough boxes. i.e. Cloverdale. And the ship is huge, so they can store them quite a while. Perhaps in a room vacuumed to space to help with oxydation and foul odors. Even if they don't cannibalize, the bodies would make good fertilizer for hydroponics.

Comment

The most humanin thing is an space burial. Or an tradicional burial on an unnamed planet.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

burn the bodies onboard destiny, and use the ash for hydroponics. bury the bones on a planet

Comment

They should start putting those sign, you know the one they put at construction sites right in front of the Stargate:

Welcome traveler:
                  We have XX days with out accident.
                  We are proud of us.
                  Help us, safety is our friend.
                  Use your safety hat and Googles.
                  And don't forget the flak-jacket.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

The way I see it they have two good options for a dignified sendoff...

1) Spock 'em out an airlock, the classic space interpretation of a traditional burial-at-sea
                    2) Tok'ra funeral, disintegrate them in a kawoosh the next time Destiny drops out of FTL

Really, I dont think they're so hard-up on biological material that they need to recycle bodies for fertilizer or Soylent Green...

Comment

I like the idea of "Burial in Space". A ceremony then casting the body to the universe seems a fitting send off.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        I like the idea of "Burial in Space". A ceremony then casting the body to the universe seems a fitting send off.
                        How creepy would it be to be casually going along in your spaceship and then, bam, suddenly, dead bodies floating around.

Don't litter space with your dead! Other people (blue aliens, living plants in spaceships, sentient mold creatures) have to use it, too.
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Im just waiting for someone to show up wearing dead man clothes, like the senators suit. Get rid of the body but dont you dare throw out perfectly wearable clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                            Im just waiting for someone to show up wearing dead man clothes, like the senators suit. Get rid of the body but dont you dare throw out perfectly wearable clothes.
                            Ewww, worse than dead bodies floating around in space, NAKED dead bodies.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
                              The way I see it they have two good options for a dignified sendoff...

2) Tok'ra funeral, disintegrate them in a kawoosh the next time Destiny drops out of FTL
                              I like the Tok'ra funeral idea. That is a purely Stargate type of thing and should be done because of course, that is in the name of the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X