X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokra Question

I've been wondering this for a while - possible spoilers

The tokra complain about being a dying race, but have they ever made any mention of trying to either clone the queen they recently recovered or even try producing harcesises? The harcesis may not live longer than the average human but it would increase the tokra numbers and possibly someone to mediate between earth and the tokra (besides jacob carter)

Harsesis have the problem of not being able to do the funny voice though so they wouldn't be able to infiltrate the Goa'uld bases would they? Also, it still wouldn't solve the problem of zero or negative population growth that the Tok'ra have. Alas.....
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

They wouldn't be able to do the cool voice but they still could have done other jobs for the Tok'ra such as research and development etc and furthered the tokra cause.

Comment

It may not help population, but yeah, secret base personnel and stuff, maybe even trained as a special strike team cos tok'ra operatives would be too valuable to lose (cos of their complaining about dwindling tok'ra numbers)

technecially these would be another subspecies of humans..

Comment

There's a thread elsewhere - I'll edit the URL in if I can locate it - about Tok'ra harcesis. My own feeling is that it wouldn't work, for one in-world reason - harcesis have unfiltered genetic memory and so would be evil, or at least the risk would be too great - and one meta-world reason - harcesis Tok'ra shock troops would detract form the shininess of SG-1 and alleviate the Tok'ra's tragic flaws in a dramatically unacceptable fashion.

Actually, another likely in-world reason is that the kid would be likely to just go stark, staring bonkers: A human infant with thirty thousand years of memories; an infant Goa'uld is designed to cope with that, but a baby? How would the poor mite understand what was happening to it?

Now that would be cool; ina really dark way. SG-1 encounter a Tok'ra splinter cell who are breeding a small army of monumentally damaged harcesis storm troopers.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Making an army of harsessis would be wrong on so many levels.

The parents wouldn't be v. happy if their children were sent off to die, without a doubt.

The Tok'ra would never go for it. Like would you have a child which you would love and look after for 20 or so years, knowing full well that they would be sent off to die once they reach a certain age

The harssesis would be too valuable if the goa'uld caught them...they'd have all the knowledge of the tok'ra and probably wouldn't have the heart to blow their brains out before they were captured

it would take them about 20 years to fully mature

I could go on...
            Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
              Making an army of harsessis would be wrong on so many levels.

The parents wouldn't be v. happy if their children were sent off to die, without a doubt.

The Tok'ra would never go for it. Like would you have a child which you would love and look after for 20 or so years, knowing full well that they would be sent off to die once they reach a certain age

The harssesis would be too valuable if the goa'uld caught them...they'd have all the knowledge of the tok'ra and probably wouldn't have the heart to blow their brains out before they were captured

it would take them about 20 years to fully mature

I could go on...
              I'm not saying an army of harcesisses but for doing the same thing as the tokra are doing for example couldn't a harcesis pose as a jaffa or slave of a system lord? Also if they have the genetic knowledge of a tokra i don't think they would have trouble killing themself instead of being captured. Its just a thought, plus no ones answered the question about the queen.

Comment

Since when have the Tok'ra had any good ideas? I just think it could make a good story of mad symbiotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  Since when have the Tok'ra had any good ideas?
                  When they allied with earth

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
                    plus no ones answered the question about the queen.
                    I don't think the Tok'ra have cloning tech, do they? Of course that could be another good story, with the Tok'ra cloning a flawed copy of Egeria.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      I don't think the Tok'ra have cloning tech, do they? Of course that could be another good story, with the Tok'ra cloning a flawed copy of Egeria.
                      Well I'm not sure about the tokra, but we've seen goa'uld clones in Season 6's 'Nightwalkers'

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
                        Well I'm not sure about the tokra, but we've seen goa'uld clones in Season 6's 'Nightwalkers'
                        But they aren't allied with Earth anymore, and probably wouldn't much care for the idea that their Queen might have a deadly vulnerability; nor for owing the Tau'ri quite so big time.

Comment

Working...
                        X