Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the most effective LA attack on Earth be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would the most effective LA attack on Earth be?

From the LA perspective, I don't think a gate assault or a planetary assault would be effective and would probably fail. I guess it would depend on how many ships they have versus how many ships Earth now has, plus whether or not Atlantis is still on Earth.

What about smaller, coordinated assaults using cargo ships? Perhaps blowing them up, or just using them to get to Earth covertly and planting bombs in critical places. Any thoughts?

Depends what they want. If they want to kill us all, then cloaked cargo ships with naquadah-enhanced bombs in all the major cities would work just fine. We know from Subversion that their ships already do come and go without being detected.

In another thread someone suggested maybe they want Atlantis. If that's the case, it'd be much more difficult. The best tactic then would be to brainwash a few people, like they did with Telford. If it was me I'd brainwash someone with the Ancient gene who has access to the city, like Shepherd, and then have him sit in the chair and just fly the city to an LA planet. All the other people in the city would have to be dealt with, but you could just collapse the shield to only include the chair room and they'd die in the vacuum of space.

I don't think we have anything besides Atlantis that they'd want, since the rest of our tech is pretty stone-age compared with the left-over Goa'uld stuff they've been using. They might like to get their hands on the Asgard computer they installed in Odyssey, but since that's on a ship, rather than being in a fixed location on Earth, that would be a different game entirely. Much easier to attack the ship when it's by itself on a mission than try to take on whatever defenses Earth has.

That being said, I don't expect any intelligent strategy from the LA. They'll probably come in with 6 or 8 Ha'taks and a bunch of smaller ships, just like they did when they attacked Icarus Base, and we'll have to fight them off with the Hammond and whatever other ships are in the area, maybe use Atlantis's drone weapons as well. They might brainwash someone who knows the code to open the iris on Earth's gate, and send in an infantry wave at the same time, but the way the SGC is built it's unlikely they'd make it outside Cheyenne Mountain.

Comment

given their numbers and the makeup of their organization, I'd say a terrorist attack from within, most likely a source that would be a complete shock on Earth and cause the most chaos, followed by guerrilla attacks from outside. The LA likely has its people tucked well inside the power structures of Earth already
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

There wouldn't be an effective attack. A Daedalus class ship could take out multiple Ori ships, so a Lucian Alliance attack wouldn't be an issue. Plus there is the Antarctic defences so that would rip any attack to shreds.

The only real way the Lucian Alliance would get to launch an effective attack would be to use cloaked ships (which can't be done any more after Apophis lost his fleet) or a biological attack.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          A Daedalus class ship could take out multiple Ori ships
          Um, it can? What, exactly, is this statement based on?

Comment

only the odessy can do that it has an asgard core and a ZPM

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Actually didn't Odyssey have trouble in Unending dealing with just one Ori ship? They had to keep jumping to hyperspace and the shields were failing so Sam figured out how to freeze time.

Comment

The Odyssey had trouble with one ship because they kept trying to run instead of fighting. If they had gone guns blazing from the start they could have burned down at least two ships.

Comment

There wouldn't be an effective attack. A Daedalus class ship could take out multiple Ori ships, so a Lucian Alliance attack wouldn't be an issue. Plus there is the Antarctic defences so that would rip any attack to shreds.

The only real way the Lucian Alliance would get to launch an effective attack would be to use cloaked ships (which can't be done any more after Apophis lost his fleet) or a biological attack.
                  I thought the Antartic defenses were destroyed near the end of Atlantis. The Wraith suicided several of their ships into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes View Post
                    I thought the Antartic defenses were destroyed near the end of Atlantis. The Wraith suicided several of their ships into it.
                    The chair itself was destroyed... but not the drones themselves. So, I theorize that they could either move the drones to Atlantis (or use Atlantis to control the Antarctic weapons platform) or take the chair from Taonas (though according to this I think that might not be possible).
                    sigpic
                    Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Jes View Post
                      Yes.

Atlantis itself is still pretty nasty.
                      And it might be possible to use atlantis' chair to control the artic defences.

Any direct attack ought to fail.
                      badly.

Some sneaky dastardly bombing attack using cloaked cargo ships with naquadah bombs might just rip the planet apart, or at least destabalise the crust.

So I'm hoping for a direct attack. Shooting Ha'taks is fun

Comment

There are no more Antarctic defenses. The chair was moved to Area 51 and destroyed by the wraith attack in "Enemy at the Gate".

However, if there are any drones left on earth from those in Antarctica, they might be transferred to Atlantis, and the chair on Atlantis used to defend earth. That plus all the earth ships that we now have (Odyssey, Daedelus, Apollo, The Hammond) - assuming they (or most of them) are in proper working order.

Comment

I guess there first and foremost goal would be to destroy earths Stargate, Ships and earths shipbuilding capabilities.

With the defenses in the antarctic gone I would suggest surprise attacks on single Earth ships with multiple Ha'tak. (No more space Police)

Then I would try to blow up Stargate Command from orbit, followed by beaming out the Stargate if it has not been destroyed. (Trapped)

This would cripple earths defenses in such a way that a siege to earth is possible. (No more shipbuilding)

The remaining thread is Atlantis. Taking out Atlantis with Ha'tak IMO is difficult at best. Don't know how they would do that.(Infiltration?)

Hey, it just hit me, maybe they have something like the Atero Device that targets human Hyperdrives, that would solve a whole bunch of problems for them. Let's hope they don't got this one.

That's what I got so far.
                          Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
                          Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
                          Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

Just because the chair was destroyed, doesn't mean that it couldn't be replaced. All they'd have to do is get another from one of the other outposts, such as the one on Taonas. Plus we haven't heard anything about Atlantis, so it could be still there too meaning there would be the outpost plus Atlantis to deal with.

sigpic

Comment

Somehow the LA getting the Iris codes for the Earth gate and throwing a nuke in.

Comment

Working...
                              X