PDA

View Full Version : What would the most effective LA attack on Earth be?

P5C768
November 18th, 2010, 08:51 AM
From the LA perspective, I don't think a gate assault or a planetary assault would be effective and would probably fail. I guess it would depend on how many ships they have versus how many ships Earth now has, plus whether or not Atlantis is still on Earth.

What about smaller, coordinated assaults using cargo ships? Perhaps blowing them up, or just using them to get to Earth covertly and planting bombs in critical places. Any thoughts?

dgh64
November 18th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Depends what they want. If they want to kill us all, then cloaked cargo ships with naquadah-enhanced bombs in all the major cities would work just fine. We know from Subversion that their ships already do come and go without being detected.

In another thread someone suggested maybe they want Atlantis. If that's the case, it'd be much more difficult. The best tactic then would be to brainwash a few people, like they did with Telford. If it was me I'd brainwash someone with the Ancient gene who has access to the city, like Shepherd, and then have him sit in the chair and just fly the city to an LA planet. All the other people in the city would have to be dealt with, but you could just collapse the shield to only include the chair room and they'd die in the vacuum of space.

I don't think we have anything besides Atlantis that they'd want, since the rest of our tech is pretty stone-age compared with the left-over Goa'uld stuff they've been using. They might like to get their hands on the Asgard computer they installed in Odyssey, but since that's on a ship, rather than being in a fixed location on Earth, that would be a different game entirely. Much easier to attack the ship when it's by itself on a mission than try to take on whatever defenses Earth has.

That being said, I don't expect any intelligent strategy from the LA. They'll probably come in with 6 or 8 Ha'taks and a bunch of smaller ships, just like they did when they attacked Icarus Base, and we'll have to fight them off with the Hammond and whatever other ships are in the area, maybe use Atlantis's drone weapons as well. They might brainwash someone who knows the code to open the iris on Earth's gate, and send in an infantry wave at the same time, but the way the SGC is built it's unlikely they'd make it outside Cheyenne Mountain.

xxxevilgrinxxx
November 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
given their numbers and the makeup of their organization, I'd say a terrorist attack from within, most likely a source that would be a complete shock on Earth and cause the most chaos, followed by guerrilla attacks from outside. The LA likely has its people tucked well inside the power structures of Earth already

SaberBlade
November 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
There wouldn't be an effective attack. A Daedalus class ship could take out multiple Ori ships, so a Lucian Alliance attack wouldn't be an issue. Plus there is the Antarctic defences so that would rip any attack to shreds.

The only real way the Lucian Alliance would get to launch an effective attack would be to use cloaked ships (which can't be done any more after Apophis lost his fleet) or a biological attack.

dgh64
November 18th, 2010, 09:49 AM
A Daedalus class ship could take out multiple Ori ships

Um, it can? What, exactly, is this statement based on?

Ed
November 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM
only the odessy can do that it has an asgard core and a ZPM

dgh64
November 18th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Actually didn't Odyssey have trouble in Unending dealing with just one Ori ship? They had to keep jumping to hyperspace and the shields were failing so Sam figured out how to freeze time.

morbosfist
November 18th, 2010, 12:23 PM
The Odyssey had trouble with one ship because they kept trying to run instead of fighting. If they had gone guns blazing from the start they could have burned down at least two ships.

Jes
November 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
There wouldn't be an effective attack. A Daedalus class ship could take out multiple Ori ships, so a Lucian Alliance attack wouldn't be an issue. Plus there is the Antarctic defences so that would rip any attack to shreds.

The only real way the Lucian Alliance would get to launch an effective attack would be to use cloaked ships (which can't be done any more after Apophis lost his fleet) or a biological attack.

I thought the Antartic defenses were destroyed near the end of Atlantis. The Wraith suicided several of their ships into it.

Rickington
November 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I thought the Antartic defenses were destroyed near the end of Atlantis. The Wraith suicided several of their ships into it.

The chair itself was destroyed... but not the drones themselves. So, I theorize that they could either move the drones to Atlantis (or use Atlantis to control the Antarctic weapons platform) or take the chair from Taonas (though according to this (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081115034421/stargate/images/thumb/4/43/Still1225316629.jpg/830px-Still1225316629.jpg) I think that might not be possible).

The Destiny
November 18th, 2010, 02:12 PM

Yes.

Atlantis itself is still pretty nasty.
And it might be possible to use atlantis' chair to control the artic defences.

Any direct attack ought to fail.
badly.

Some sneaky dastardly bombing attack using cloaked cargo ships with naquadah bombs might just rip the planet apart, or at least destabalise the crust.

So I'm hoping for a direct attack. Shooting Ha'taks is fun :P

hedwig
November 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM

There are no more Antarctic defenses. The chair was moved to Area 51 and destroyed by the wraith attack in "Enemy at the Gate".

However, if there are any drones left on earth from those in Antarctica, they might be transferred to Atlantis, and the chair on Atlantis used to defend earth. That plus all the earth ships that we now have (Odyssey, Daedelus, Apollo, The Hammond) - assuming they (or most of them) are in proper working order.

Dark Angel
November 18th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I guess there first and foremost goal would be to destroy earths Stargate, Ships and earths shipbuilding capabilities.

With the defenses in the antarctic gone I would suggest surprise attacks on single Earth ships with multiple Ha'tak. (No more space Police)

Then I would try to blow up Stargate Command from orbit, followed by beaming out the Stargate if it has not been destroyed. (Trapped)

This would cripple earths defenses in such a way that a siege to earth is possible. (No more shipbuilding)

The remaining thread is Atlantis. Taking out Atlantis with Ha'tak IMO is difficult at best. Don't know how they would do that.(Infiltration?)

Hey, it just hit me, maybe they have something like the Atero Device that targets human Hyperdrives, that would solve a whole bunch of problems for them. Let's hope they don't got this one.

That's what I got so far.

SaberBlade
November 18th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Just because the chair was destroyed, doesn't mean that it couldn't be replaced. All they'd have to do is get another from one of the other outposts, such as the one on Taonas. Plus we haven't heard anything about Atlantis, so it could be still there too meaning there would be the outpost plus Atlantis to deal with.

Replicator Todd
November 18th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Somehow the LA getting the Iris codes for the Earth gate and throwing a nuke in. :p

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Stargate the sun. If they can figure out how to dial Destiny, they can dial a black hole with the other gate in Sol orbit and... Bang.
That won't work if they plan to loot the planet, though. A massive coronal mass ejection to knock out our conventional technology, perhaps, followed by Al'kesh attacks!:D

dgh64
November 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm betting, if they show the attack on-screen, it'll be whatever gives the best eye-candy. Meaning, ships and guys running around shooting.

Acidbuk
November 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM
The Best Attack would be to reveal the Stargate program pubic in a way which cannot be covered up and watch nations collapse and wars breakout all over the planet.

dacooker
November 18th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Atlantis

Generic Blue
November 18th, 2010, 05:24 PM
whenever i think about this i go back to family ties from SG-1, where supposedly there were cloaked cargo ships on Earth loaded with naquahdah ready to blow up, and we already know they are capable of getting a cargo ship on Earth

Replicator Todd
November 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Atlantis

As in stealing Atlantis? that would be cool. :P

morbosfist
November 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM
whenever i think about this i go back to family ties from SG-1, where supposedly there were cloaked cargo ships on Earth loaded with naquahdah ready to blow up, and we already know they are capable of getting a cargo ship on EarthA Jaffa thought of that, though.

RJLCyberPunk
November 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM
The Best Attack would be to reveal the Stargate program pubic in a way which cannot be covered up and watch nations collapse and wars breakout all over the planet.

Well that would be the logical way but at the same time is to easy and it allows for LA to win and take over the galaxy, game over nothing to see here move along which off course cannot happen not in a show anyway. If Stargate was real life we would been reduced to atoms long before we were able to build the first battlecruiser.

Generic Blue
November 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM
A Jaffa thought of that, though.

doesnt mean the LA cant do it, or even steal the idea, they steal plenty of other things

tinerin
November 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM
As someone else mentioned, kassa would be probably the best non-genocidal way to take Earth. Secretly get the plant into major global drug production areas (Afghanistan, Mexico, Columbia, etc.) and within six months to a year you'll have people all over the world addicted to the plant and it would be impossible to stop it's spread. It's possible that the general public wouldn't even know of it's extra-terrestial origin until it's too late to do anything about it.

erotavlas
November 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
As someone else mentioned, kassa would be probably the best non-genocidal way to take Earth. Secretly get the plant into major global drug production areas (Afghanistan, Mexico, Columbia, etc.) and within six months to a year you'll have people all over the world addicted to the plant and it would be impossible to stop it's spread. It's possible that the general public wouldn't even know of it's extra-terrestial origin until it's too late to do anything about it.

I can just see everyone rushing to the movie theaters. Who needs 3D when you've got Kassa!

Acidbuk
November 18th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Well that would be the logical way but at the same time is to easy and it allows for LA to win and take over the galaxy, game over nothing to see here move along which off course cannot happen not in a show anyway. If Stargate was real life we would been reduced to atoms long before we were able to build the first battlecruiser.

Of Course, Tottally unlikely to happen but the question was - what would be the most effective LA attack on Earth not the most likely :) we know the bad guys cannot win in fiction...though I'd have more incentive to root for the good guys if they did sometimes.

ckwongau
November 18th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Lucian Alliance can leak the Stargate Program to the Earth public, sell Weapon grade Naqahdah to Iran and North Korea, give the Most advance Goa'uld military technology to the IOA countries who are not getting Alien Military tech (assuming countries like China still not getting a fair share of Alien tech).
Sell a few Goa'uld cargo ship with cloaking device and Goa'uld energy weapon to the pirates of somalia

Aesjos
November 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Launch a whole bunch of relativistic kill vehicles. They would be almost impossible to stop, easy to make (it could be anything), hard to detect, you could make and launch thousands of them if you have interstellar space tech like the Stargate world does... you could launch them from a thousand different directions and stagger them so they are continuously arriving from different directions for days.

Basically, anything, sped to the proper speed, can become a weapon of mass destruction. A cow going at 90% of the speed of light could destroy a city.

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM

Tell that to rush. The LA had a cloaked cargo ship on the ground near him...

The chair itself was destroyed... but not the drones themselves. So, I theorize that they could either move the drones to Atlantis (or use Atlantis to control the Antarctic weapons platform) or take the chair from Taonas (though according to this I think that might not be possible).

But how do we even kow taking a chair from elsewhere would allow us to control them? Maybe each place is keyed to that chair.

Lucian Alliance can leak the Stargate Program to the Earth public, sell Weapon grade Naqahdah to Iran and North Korea, give the Most advance Goa'uld military technology to the IOA countries who are not getting Alien Military tech (assuming countries like China still not getting a fair share of Alien tech).
Sell a few Goa'uld cargo ship with cloaking device and Goa'uld energy weapon to the pirates of somalia

HGeck, they could fund/support terrorists down here and let us blow ourselves up...

Steelbox
November 19th, 2010, 03:16 AM
The chair itself was destroyed... but not the drones themselves. So, I theorize that they could either move the drones to Atlantis (or use Atlantis to control the Antarctic weapons platform) or take the chair from Taonas (though according to this (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081115034421/stargate/images/thumb/4/43/Still1225316629.jpg/830px-Still1225316629.jpg) I think that might not be possible).

But how do we even know taking a chair from elsewhere would allow us to control them? Maybe each place is keyed to that chair.

Atlantis made a deal with the people from The Tower for the drones that where still in store there. So any drone should function with any chair. And since we have already moved the chair once we can successfully move the Taonas one with the same ease. A backup chair inside SGC would be nice.

Shai Hulud
November 19th, 2010, 04:31 AM
A Chemical or Biological attack.

Blackhole
November 19th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Earth has become a power house in the galaxy. I can see why LA would want to eliminate the threat that Earth presents to them. They already have captured our most powerful space battleship and they are still a threat. Terrorists’ organizations are very difficult to destroy just look at our war on terror.

I think a direct attack with a ship would result in a Pear Harbor like outcome and would be foolish and unnecessary and certainly would result in the Earth focusing our entire resources on a reprisal. Most people forget just how powerful the SG-1 universe weapons are. If all LA wanted to do was destroy us then it would be a relatively simple matter to wipe out all life on the planet. Let us say they only use one 1200 megaton naquadah-enhanced nuclear warhead - one similar to the one that was used in Failsafe. At the time, for SG-1 it was the most powerful warhead ever created, the equivalent of 1.2 billion tons of TNT. At the Goa’uld's level of technology, which the LA have access to, constructing one is probably child's play. All they have to do is fly it to Earth in a cloaked cargo ship and blow it up. The atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki was about 20 kilotons. It wiped out a major city. The bomb they used in Failsafe was 1200 megatons. It would be equivalent to 60,000 Nagasaki bombs. I am not a physicist but I strongly suspect one going off anywhere on the planet may be an extinction level event. Those surviving the direct explosion would die from the nuclear winter created shortly thereafter. Hey, if LA wanted overkill and didn’t want to waste a cargo ship then they could just have it ring down a couple bombs on opposite sides of the planet. Simultaneous detonations - game over for Earth - the threat and any possible reprisals to LA eliminated.

Earth should be gravely worried about what LA might do.

thekillman
November 19th, 2010, 11:12 AM
nuke our 304's, then nuke the planet. nuke the arctic, nuke atlantis. then get a bunch of ha'tak and bombard all that hasn't been nuked. radiation in orbit will mask them from things like Atlantis, so regardless of whether atlantis was destroyed, it's useless.

up next, more nukes, more bombardment. use fleets of Al'kesh to flatten pesky things like ICBM launch sites and air ports.

Gollumpus
November 19th, 2010, 11:14 AM
1.) Cloaked ship and a gate. Drop the gate someplace "unreachable" and dial a planet circling a black hole (as in SG-1).

2.) Find that planet with the "bugs" (from season 2 "Bane"). Open their gate and lure them through a second gate which you have planted on Earth. Doesn't have to be them, but you get the idea.

3.) The drug cartel idea is slow, but smart.

regards,
G.

The Swarm
November 20th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Dont worry, Earth is invincible while we still have Atlantis and our ships....im sure the writers will pull out some sort of convenient plot.

garhkal
November 20th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Atlantis made a deal with the people from The Tower for the drones that where still in store there. So any drone should function with any chair. And since we have already moved the chair once we can successfully move the Taonas one with the same ease. A backup chair inside SGC would be nice.

Perhaps the drones get keyed to the chair that is there, when they get plugged ito the city.. Or drones from one city ship can be used on others...

You know they will.. but it is fun coming up with ways they can beat us

JustAnotherVoice
November 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Politics. They seem like the cloak and dagger types, so playing their game seems to be the smart thing to do.

Buy off a low grade politician. Not just an American one, mind you. With their right hand, destabalise Earth's major powers and work towards getting the IOA to implode. With their left, encourage Earth to expand and get complacent.

When their men have risen high enough through the political ranks (senators, congressmen, members of parliament etc, maybe even presidents and prime ministers), then it'll be the time to strike. Trigger a global scale conflict and let human forces destroy themselves (with the SGC fracturing in the process hopefully), then come in and clean up the left overs, or "ally" with the winners and help to rebuild.

I'm sure the LA have more than a few people like Varro who can pull off a long con like this. Charming, well spoken, and most importantly, not bat**** insane like Kiva or Simeon.

This will be a long game of cat and mouse, but if pulled off, it would destroy a large portion of Earth's combat power, maybe reveal the stargate and alien tech, and put the LA in a superior position without the need to waste resources on a direct attack.

garhkal
November 22nd, 2010, 02:03 AM
Heck.. do it to several dozen countries.. especially in south america, africa, the mid east and far east.