PDA

View Full Version : Well now we know for sure how comm-stone death works

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
After all the discussion last week about the possibility of Mandy surviving or Ginn ending up in the wrong body or other crazy theories (the crazier ones being mine of course :P) it turns out that they simply and plainly both died. :(
Yes, I was wrong on the Internet!

It was kinda mean that they gave us a bit of hope that Mandy may have lived, but at least they got dashing that hope over with quickly.

May Mandy and Ginn rest in peace...
or even better, appear in hallucinations next time Eli or Rush are alone on the bridge :P

prion
November 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Wait, they're both dead? Alas, I missed that part of the discussion and have to wait to see it again (forgot to record, darn). So if Gin's body is dead, that would mean Ginn is stuck in earth in Mandy's body, or ??? Hmm, both dead. Did they confirm that by stoning back to earth?

GateroomGuard
November 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'm sure this will help McKay's fear of using the stones.

cheezegr8r
November 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
at one point early on someone runs to the stone room, grabs a stone, and transfers... A little later you can hear someone on the radio excailm that amanda is confirmed dead.

I was shocked to say the least.

Zkyire
November 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
After all the discussion last week about the possibility of Mandy surviving or Ginn ending up in the wrong body or other crazy theories (the crazier ones being mine of course :P) it turns out that they simply and plainly both died. :(
Yes, I was wrong on the Internet!

It was kinda mean that they gave us a bit of hope that Mandy may have lived, but at least they got dashing that hope over with quickly.

May Mandy and Ginn rest in peace...
or even better, appear in hallucinations next time Eli or Rush are alone on the bridge :P

I think I read in a post on another thread that one of TPTB said not to assume that that would be the last of them in the show or something?

Joben
November 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
at one point early on someone runs to the stone room, grabs a stone, and transfers... A little later you can hear someone on the radio excailm that amanda is confirmed dead.

It was Lt. James and yes, both died.

ckwongau
November 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM

When the stone was first use by Daniel and Vala, when Vala was burn to death by the Ori worshipper , her body in Milkyway die as well.
But when the a Prior heal the badly burned body of Vala's switch body , her body in Milyway was revive as well.

Unless a Prior or some advance being with healing power is near the dead Amanda (in Ginn's body),I expected both to die.But if Destiny had jump into FTL drive a second before or after Amanda's death , the interference of jumping in or out and temporary switch back could save Amanda on Earth.( we saw how Teford was swithch back to his body while Young was having sex with his wife)

But i admit the rules of Stone communication was inconsistent , like When Rush question Young not shuting down the life when the LA soldier reach Destiny's gate room.And Young's decicion was to save Teford not Rush becuause the moment Rush in Telford's body went into a worm hole , the stone connection get disconnect.

But in SGA episode when SGA doctor got switch with a criminal about to be execute, the SGA team brought the doctor body with a criminal's mind to that planet using stargate and fire at the stone device just to break the conenction in time.

If the stone connection can be break just entering the worm hole , then what was that SGA's episode about ?

Starsaber
November 17th, 2010, 07:01 PM
When the stone was first use by Daniel and Vala, when Vala was burn to death by the Ori worshipper , her body in Milkyway die as well.
But when the a Prior heal the badly burned body of Vala's switch body , her body in Milyway was revive as well.

Unless a Prior or some advance being with healing power is near the dead Amanda (in Ginn's body),I expected both to die.But if Destiny had jump into FTL drive a second before or after Amanda's death , the interference of jumping in or out and temporary switch back could save Amanda on Earth.( we saw how Teford was swithch back to his body while Young was having sex with his wife)

But i admit the rules of Stone communication was inconsistent , like When Rush question Young not shuting down the life when the LA soldier reach Destiny's gate room.And Young's decicion was to save Teford not Rush becuause the moment Rush in Telford's body went into a worm hole , the stone connection get disconnect.

But in SGA episode when SGA doctor got switch with a criminal about to be execute, the SGA team brought the doctor body with a criminal's mind to that planet using stargate and fire at the stone device just to break the conenction in time.

If the stone connection can be break just entering the worm hole , then what was that SGA's episode about ?

Good point, but maybe it's something related to the higher power use of a 9 chevron wormhole. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's something.

GateroomGuard
November 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
What I want to know is when Young was killing Telford Rush felt the effects so why wouldn't they just cutt the connection on Ginn/Perry once Ginn started to feel the effects on Earth. She had no family and they definitely wouldn't let her leave the SGC so woudn't she'd be within seconds of being able to have the connection severed?

morbosfist
November 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
What I want to know is when Young was killing Telford Rush felt the effects so why wouldn't they just cutt the connection on Ginn/Perry once Ginn started to feel the effects on Earth. She had no family and they definitely wouldn't let her leave the SGC so woudn't she'd be within seconds of being able to have the connection severed?Unless Simeon killed her with a neck snap, in which case Perry would be dead before anyone realized it might be the other end.

GateroomGuard
November 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Unless Simeon killed her with a neck snap, in which case Perry would be dead before anyone realized it might be the other end.

So we never saw Simeon kill her? I guess if he did something like that it would make sense then. From what I heard from the end of last week I thought he was going to stab her with a improvised knife or something, and I'm pretty sure that would have given Earth enough time to sever the connection.

This is what I get for only having Hulu. :(

morbosfist
November 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
So we never saw Simeon kill her? I guess if he did something like that it would make sense then. From what I heard from the end of last week I thought he was going to stab her with a improvised knife or something, and I'm pretty sure that would have given Earth enough time to sever the connection.

This is what I get for only having Hulu. :(Don't blame Hulu, it's Syfy holding them back. Anyway, yes, we don't see him kill her, and there's no blood so he didn't stab or shoot her.

GateroomGuard
November 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Don't blame Hulu, it's Syfy holding them back. Anyway, yes, we don't see him kill her, and there's no blood so he didn't stab or shoot her.

I don't blame Hulu, its been a good friend to me. I've got HuluPlus anyways. :)

So we never saw Simeon kill her, did Simeon ever admit to killing her? I mean any chance there was something more going on?

morbosfist
November 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I don't blame Hulu, its been a good friend to me. I've got HuluPlus anyways. :)

So we never saw Simeon kill her, did Simeon ever admit to killing her? I mean any chance there was something more going on?He cops to it, so he did do it, we just don't see him do it.

Pharaoh Atem
November 17th, 2010, 08:56 PM
yes we do but why did we have to lose two awesome characters to find out :*(

SaberBlade
November 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Well he walked into the room with her alive, walked out and she was dead, then taunted Rush about it. I'm sure it's safe to say that Simeon did kill her.

Well there is a huge difference in the devices being used. In SGA they used an original Ancient device, just like in SG1, while in SGU it's a DIY version worked up (presumably) at Area 51. Destiny's comm stones stop working for a split second when it comes to changing location quickly, while that didn't seem to bother the proper Ancient versions as we saw when Daniel and Vala went from Ver Eger to Celestis with a Prior. So taking the full version through a wormhole probably isn't a big thing.

--

I am glad they kept the consistency for that when one dies, the other dies. Vala was burnt alive, her body died on Earth. Dr. Perry was murdered on Destiny, so her body died back on Earth. Telford doesn't count because the oxygen was removed from the room, so he'd have passed out first before he actually died.

pipi
November 18th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Dead is dead. RIP.

wolverine_nl
November 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM
RIP, we now know for a 100% that killing 1 kills both

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Wait, they're both dead? Alas, I missed that part of the discussion and have to wait to see it again (forgot to record, darn). So if Gin's body is dead, that would mean Ginn is stuck in earth in Mandy's body, or ??? Hmm, both dead. Did they confirm that by stoning back to earth?

I think it was James who stoned to earth right after they found Ginn, then came running into the room where TJ, Greer, Scott, Eli, young and rush were, to tell them perry was dead as well..

I thought she was there personally..

Well there is a huge difference in the devices being used. In SGA they used an original Ancient device, just like in SG1, while in SGU it's a DIY version worked up (presumably) at Area 51. Destiny's comm stones stop working for a split second when it comes to changing location quickly, while that didn't seem to bother the proper Ancient versions as we saw when Daniel and Vala went from Ver Eger to Celestis with a Prior. So taking the full version through a wormhole probably isn't a big thing.

Plus in SGA, the stoning was in the same area to the same area, (well galaxy) so maybe when that localized, it will keep the connection. Also the SGA one was stone in base, to stone NOT in base (or on device).. So maybe device to device stoning does shift back to control when devices come close to one another...

Aewon
November 18th, 2010, 07:42 AM
RIP, we now know for a 100% that killing 1 kills both

We've known that since "Avalon", Part 2.

prion
November 18th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I think it was James who stoned to earth right after they found Ginn, then came running into the room where TJ, Greer, Scott, Eli, young and rush were, to tell them perry was dead as well..

Thanks. I have yet to see an episode of SGu this season without being interrupted. Hoping this one comes up on my cable rewind tonight so I can review and see that part. but wow, that sucks. So if someone 'stones' back to Earth, has a car accident and dies, the person on the Destiny will croak as well. Bummer.

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 10:34 PM
What's interrupting you?

Gollumpus
November 19th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Likely going to have an episode where: Ginn and Perry's personalities are found still in the pattern buffer, or some such sci-fi way of doing things. :P

regards,
G.

smart
November 19th, 2010, 07:25 PM
This could have been concluded in Subversion, where Young ventilates the air in Telford's confined quaters in Destiny [Telford was in Rush's body] and seen how this greatly affected both bodies.

garhkal
November 20th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Likely going to have an episode where: Ginn and Perry's personalities are found still in the pattern buffer, or some such sci-fi way of doing things. :P

regards,
G.

Since it seems to be an instantaneous transmission from stone to stone, there is no buffer to be stored in.

senilegreen
November 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Ok then, here is a question:

When the stones were introduced on SG-1, Vala and Daniel were sent to another galaxy. While there, was not the body in which Vala "inhabited" burnt in the oil pit? Yes, the Ori rep did bring her back to life, but for a while she was dead.

However, back on Earth Vala did not die in the flesh, though apparently there were symptoms of stress that could be monitored medically.

Why then can we presume that the Earth-based scientist truly died when the LA women's body was killed?

Gollumpus
November 21st, 2010, 06:09 PM
Since it seems to be an instantaneous transmission from stone to stone, there is no buffer to be stored in.

Oh, when has a sci-fi writer ever allowed a buffer (or a lack of one) to come between him/her and a "good" story? :P

regards,
G.

morbosfist
November 21st, 2010, 06:19 PM

When the stones were introduced on SG-1, Vala and Daniel were sent to another galaxy. While there, was not the body in which Vala "inhabited" burnt in the oil pit? Yes, the Ori rep did bring her back to life, but for a while she was dead.

However, back on Earth Vala did not die in the flesh, though apparently there were symptoms of stress that could be monitored medically.

Why then can we presume that the Earth-based scientist truly died when the LA women's body was killed?Aside from the that they outright told us she was dead, Vala's body did die. You should watch the episode again.

garhkal
November 22nd, 2010, 01:31 AM

Why then can we presume that the Earth-based scientist truly died when the LA women's body was killed?

rewatch. She flatlined and was presumed dead.

KlaxxonBlue
November 22nd, 2010, 04:37 AM
After all the discussion last week about the possibility of Mandy surviving or Ginn ending up in the wrong body or other crazy theories (the crazier ones being mine of course :P) it turns out that they simply and plainly both died.

Wait? There was a doubt? Anyone one see SG1: Avalon Part 2? Did anyone see what happened there? Then again, I guess the writers inconsistency in plots devices is what is leading to the confusion.

Klaxxon

SoulReaver
November 22nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yes, I was wrong on the Internet!was that even stated ? 'cause that's kinda hard to believe - at least for the one on earth
for that would mean that while Simeon killed the one on Destiny, the other one just, what, dropped dead at the same moment ? :tealcanime49: makes no sense at all

plus that'd be quite a s***ty piece of tech there. figure the ancients would be better than that. lol

morbosfist
November 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
was that even stated ? 'cause that's kinda hard to believe - at least for the one on earth
for that would mean that while Simeon killed the one on Destiny, the other one just, what, dropped dead at the same moment ? :tealcanime49: makes no sense at all

plus that'd be quite a s***ty piece of tech there. figure the ancients would be better than that. lolYes, James confirms it not long after Rush finds Ginn dead.

Shadow_7
November 23rd, 2010, 12:09 AM
Well Perry's body was compromised before using said stones. So we don't technically know for sure that it was the stones that killed her.

It would be interesting if the conscousnesses were left imprinted. Does that mean that Lt. James now has 4 personalities? And therefor now has a thing for Eli and Rush?

garhkal
November 23rd, 2010, 02:05 AM
Since she confirmed that perry was also dead, it is a safe assumption both died at the same time. Heck look to rush when Telford was being starved of air... he also went flopping over on floor.

Angela V
November 23rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Well Perry's body was compromised before using said stones. So we don't technically know for sure that it was the stones that killed her.

It would be interesting if the conscousnesses were left imprinted. Does that mean that Lt. James now has 4 personalities? And therefor now has a thing for Eli and Rush?

:eek: That's a scary thought!