PDA

View Full Version : Greer & Park

kamae
November 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
This is the third episode that I can recall a special affinity Greer and Park have for each other. I wonder if anything more than just physical will develop. Anyone else notice the long hug and comfort embrace, after the bomb was removed?

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I was actually thinking that Volker seemed very concerned for Park - I wonder if he has a crush on her? I wonder if the two of them are doing any "reading"? I sort of think they would be cute together.

And I wonder when I turned back into a 14-year-old, but that's another issue . . .

Perelandra
November 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Anyone else notice the long hug and comfort embrace, after the bomb was removed?

Yes, I noticed this.

MattSilver 3k
November 17th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I thought it looked more like he was just covering her or something, but there might've been a hint of something there. Same with Volker and Park. Like I said in the main discussion, I think I've stumbled onto the next big love triangle. Let's see how the others over the years have turned out: Ronon/Keller/McKay - the nerd wins, Scott/Chloe/Eli - the nerd loses... for now, Young/TJ/Varro - only TJ wins, Greer/Park/Volker - Park dies horribly - calling it!

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Greer/Park/Volker - Park dies horribly - calling it!

Greer and Volker, united in sorrow, become an epic bromance. Could happen, you know.

Egle01
November 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone else notice the long hug and comfort embrace, after the bomb was removed?It looked more comforting on promo pics, but in the episode itself it looked like Greer was covering her.

Sign me up for this pairing. :D

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Park is wonderful - I would love any plot thread that puts her on my screen more of the time.

Egle01
November 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Park is wonderful - I would love any plot thread that puts her on my screen more of the time.I like her even more after "Malice". :) Such a wonderful (that's the word) character.

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I like her even more after "Malice". :) Such a wonderful (that's the word) character.

I really was moved there when Rush says he just doesn't have the tools to disarm the mine and she says, half crying "It's ok, it's ok, you go back now" telling him to leave her. I loved her for being terrified and still damn brave. Good girl.

kamae
November 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Well we know Greer and Park "hooked up" That was discussed between Greer and Scott in the episode where Telford was left.

In addition in season one at the end of the episode, there was a quick clip of Greer and Park "getting it on"

Finally two episodes ago right after Greer slammed Simeon against the wall...He says "Sorry was she yours" It pans to her and she looks embarrassed, then Greer goes on to ask her if "She is Ok"

Egle01
November 17th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I really was moved there when Rush says he just doesn't have the tools to disarm the mine and she says, half crying "It's ok, it's ok, you go back now" telling him to leave her. I loved her for being terrified and still damn brave. Good girl.Good example of strong female character, right there.

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Good example of strong female character, right there.Yep. Being terrified and not falling apart, that's courage!

Nth Chevron
November 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I got the feeling she was a something of a tomboy from season 1, though i dont quite remember where.

This show just confirms she's got balls, knows how to use them and they're bigger that most guys on board Destiny :P

N.C

Mr.Xcelent
November 17th, 2010, 05:54 PM
And there was the kino ep where he comforts her, offers to bust someone up for her. They have little hinted and moments in the show. Sure the writers or working on the on ship hook up as they progress.

AndSoItBegins
November 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I thought it looked more like he was just covering her or something, but there might've been a hint of something there. Same with Volker and Park. Like I said in the main discussion, I think I've stumbled onto the next big love triangle. Let's see how the others over the years have turned out: Ronon/Keller/McKay - the nerd wins, Scott/Chloe/Eli - the nerd loses... for now, Young/TJ/Varro - only TJ wins, Greer/Park/Volker - Park dies horribly - calling it!

LOL! Greer would actually have to get more than fifteen seconds of screen time with Park per season for any chance of a legit triangle. C'mon, folks. TPTB do not care about Greer's love life. That's something for the other male characters.

kamae
November 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
And there was the kino ep where he comforts her, offers to bust someone up for her. They have little hinted and moments in the show. Sure the writers or working on the on ship hook up as they progress.

Very Good! I had forgot all about that. It was rush.

"Hold on one sec", walks in the room.

"is Rush giving you a hard time again?"

"you want me to bust him up for ya?"

kamae
November 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I submit this into evidence

SEED SHIP. Greer is leading Scott through the narrow corridors as they search the ship.

SCOTT: So, come on. Chang? Ramirez? Uh, that red-headed civilian contractor?

GREER: Park.

SCOTT: Park?!

GREER: Yeah. Remember that hamstring injury I said I got doing squats?

SCOTT: Yeah.

GREER: It wasn't doin' squats.

Commander Zelix
November 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
LOL! Greer would actually have to get more than fifteen seconds of screen time with Park per season for any chance of a legit triangle. C'mon, folks. TPTB do not care about Greer's love life. That's something for the other male characters.
That's good news. I don't care for Greer loves life either. Sure give him an interesting sci-fi storylines, but there's no need for another ship romance.

Vapor
November 18th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Right, just have him shoot more people instead. He doesn't need to feel things.

icsteffi
November 18th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I love all this Park love!

wolverine_nl
November 18th, 2010, 06:08 AM
both ways are possible, can go either way. The future holds many options :D

rsanchez
November 18th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I submit this into evidence

SEED SHIP. Greer is leading Scott through the narrow corridors as they search the ship.

SCOTT: So, come on. Chang? Ramirez? Uh, that red-headed civilian contractor?

GREER: Park.

SCOTT: Park?!

GREER: Yeah. Remember that hamstring injury I said I got doing squats?

SCOTT: Yeah.

GREER: It wasn't doin' squats.

This dialog is great! Hahaha, well you have me convinced.

Petra
November 18th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Greer and Volker, united in sorrow, become an epic bromance. Could happen, you know.

:lol: Now that would be great!

It looked more comforting on promo pics, but in the episode itself it looked like Greer was covering her.

Sign me up for this pairing. :D

You heretic you! I had such big plans for you..converting you to either The First OTP (Greer/alien!kiwi) or The Second OTP (Greer/flamethrower)..and here you are, already converted to The Third OTP (Greer/Park)...:eek: :D :D In immortal words of Jack The Great: "My heart bleeds" :P

I love all this Park love!

Me too!

More seriously, lately I've been picking up some serious Park/Volker vibe, and I thought it was particularly strong in Malice. Greer/Park "hug" on the planet looked to me like him covering her, as in, he's an armed soldier protecting unarmed civilian till cavalry arrives, nothing more. However I agree that, as others noted, the writers have been hinting at Greer/Park 'ship. We'll see how it goes.

Personally, I think Park/Volker and Greer/James would be awesome pairings! :D

kamae
November 18th, 2010, 10:30 AM
:lol: Now that would be great!

Personally, I think Park/Volker and Greer/James would be awesome pairings! :D

That would make too much sense though

Commander Zelix
November 18th, 2010, 11:53 AM
That's good news. I don't care for Greer loves life either. Sure give him an interesting sci-fi storylines, but there's no need for another ship romance.

Right, just have him shoot more people instead. He doesn't need to feel things.
Are you serious? You think romance and love is the only emotions characters and actors can have? So for you if Greer doesn't have a ship romance during this military expedition, there's something wrong?? Not normal? You can think of any other emotions or plots which would bring put emotions?

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Greer and Volker, united in sorrow, become an epic bromance. Could happen, you know.♪Caught in a rad bromance!♫

Well, we've seen them having sex [Greer and Park, not Greer and Volker;)]. I assume Greer's protective of her. We saw that when Simeon said something off-colour to her in the mess.

Egle01
November 19th, 2010, 11:29 AM
You heretic you! :eek:

I had such big plans for you..converting you to either The First OTP (Greer/alien!kiwi) or The Second OTP (Greer/flamethrower)..and here you are, already converted to The Third OTP (Greer/Park)...:eek: :D :D In immortal words of Jack The Great: "My heart bleeds" :PUh, I thunk the first two, and ship the third one... With objects it's so difficult to tell the difference. Rush fangirls would know. ;)

Gollumpus
November 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM
We saw early on in this series that Park was "sampling" the reading material of various guys on the ship. Since the end of "Life" we have not been made aware of any instances of her having any book club time with anyone other than Greer.

This suggests that they have a relationship in development, but I would not go so far as to say they are an item. Perhaps she wants someone who is not too clingy (due to her fella back on Earth), and Greer is content to allow the relationship to be a Friends with Benefits type of thing. Eventually, they will either split or become a full fledged romance.

regards,
G.

icsteffi
November 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I know this is different, and Park has already been with Greer and everything.... but~~

Ronon=Greer
McKay=Volker

McKay got the girl.

UniverseSizePlotHole
November 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Yep. Being terrified and not falling apart, that's courage!

The OTHER Park - Linda Park (Hoshi from Enterprise) is reading and weeping of what could have been LOL

garhkal
November 20th, 2010, 03:37 AM
So... who else is "reading" with others in the crew? Has james finally found another man?

Gollumpus
November 21st, 2010, 07:20 PM
So... who else is "reading" with others in the crew? Has james finally found another man?

I don't recall noting anything from the past few episodes.

James is in a position where her only (likely) reading partners are from the civilian community. Young is her commanding officer (yeah, yeah, when did that stop him?), and besides he's still connected to TJ. Scott has moved along to Chloe and will likely carry that torch for some time. Any other military are beneath her in rank (a reverse Young/TJ situation).

regards,
G.

Pharaoh Atem
November 21st, 2010, 07:21 PM
<3

xxxevilgrinxxx
November 22nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
This is the third episode that I can recall a special affinity Greer and Park have for each other. I wonder if anything more than just physical will develop. Anyone else notice the long hug and comfort embrace, after the bomb was removed?Yes, that was noticed and loved :) Greer's been comforting to quite a few women on board but Park is the only one that I know there's something more there. I see a lot of similarities in the ways the two characters look at life. They're both positive and make do with what they have. Both completely in the present.

I really was moved there when Rush says he just doesn't have the tools to disarm the mine and she says, half crying "It's ok, it's ok, you go back now" telling him to leave her. I loved her for being terrified and still damn brave. Good girl.

Good example of strong female character, right there.

That. Yes, it was awesome. Not only that we see her be so strong but that she didn't have to come off as some cartoon character to do it. That she could be strong and scared to death at the same time. Beautifully done.

More seriously, lately I've been picking up some serious Park/Volker vibe, and I thought it was particularly strong in Malice. Me too.
With Volker coming to Park's defence against Simeon once before, I was certain but his emotion over what happened to Park here? Yeah, there's something there.