Young and Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young and Rush

Young: "I don't believe he intended for Riley to die." "I'm trying to understand why he did what he did." "On the contrary, so far it seems like everything you said is true."

----

What do you all thing of 'Young's new spirit of cooperation?' He seemed to send Rush away pretty quick. Do you think that they will ever actually be able to trust each-other completely?

Can they ever be a Teal'c and a Jackson, or a Sheppard and an ...ummm...Weir?

Or, if you would rather...what is more interesting (just plain opinions)...them being enemies, friends, or frenemies?
    sigpic
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

I call Frenemies. Too much has happened for them to be true friends. Young will always have a distrust of Rush, no matter how slight it becomes IMO
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

I found it rather curious, that Young seemed to trust him that quickly. In the past, he displayed almost paranoid tendencies, sometimes doubting / accusing Rush without any real evidence. But I guess time will tell. I agree with Girlbot that they won't become friends.
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Young has no reason to get back home though. He was deeeeeenied. Maybe he will want to follow through with the mission and side with Rush enough to start a friendship......
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Young is the leader of the ship, and if he goes out of his way to trust Rush, maybe the rest of the crew will soon follow (Some of the military, at least). Like I've said in another thread, I think he's probably not all forgiving, but he understands that cooperation needs to happen, he thinks Rush won't immediately welch out of anything, and he's hoping he won't get burned.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Young is the leader of the ship, and if he goes out of his way to trust Rush, maybe the rest of the crew will soon follow (Some of the military, at least). Like I've said in another thread, I think he's probably not all forgiving, but he understands that cooperation needs to happen, he thinks Rush won't immediately welch out of anything, and he's hoping he won't get burned.
            This. And it's not the only time that Young has done that. There was an attempt in Space as well, when he could have spilled the beans about Rush and didn't. Young may never completely buy what comes out of Rush and he's likely to check things with Eli but I think for the sake of the crew, he's willing to be seen to trust him.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

cooperation and friendship are two VERY different things

Comment

Perhaps Young knows that, because he didn't fully trust Rush before, it's led to bad things. If you want someone to trust you, then you have to be willing to trust them. I think Young realizes that now, and is going to try it. Time will tell how well it works out.

Comment

Maybe they will end up as lovers

The writers have created what looks like an extreme of the soldier/scientist dynamic that is prevalent throughout the franchise: Jack/Daniel, Rodney/John.
                  sigpic

Comment

Or, if you would rather...what is more interesting (just plain opinions)...them being enemies, friends, or frenemies?
                    Well, Rush did save Young's life in a very personal way at the end of the last episode, so on the cooperation front, Rush has moved first in this second attempt at teaming up. Having said that though, the ball does seem to be in Rush's court for now. To me it seems like a question of how much incompetence from Young and the other scientists can Rush tolerate. That would determine how well the two would get on in the future.

Comment

Even though I've loved all the Rush/Young fighting I'm hoping they will start moving towards trusting each other and working as a team. Even if they don't become best pals a little mutual respect would be nice.

Alot of Rush's sneaking / lying has been rooted in his singular desire to avoid going home but now Young might also coming around to the idea of staying aboard & completing the mission. I think this could give them some common ground to build a friendship/good working relationship on.

I do believe that if Young gets on board with Destiny's mission and keeps acting like a competent leader as he has in the last 2 episodes then Rush will stop trying to work around or undermine him.

Comment

No not in the since that they will be drinking buddies. They have both figured out that working together is what has to happen if they want to get anything done. Rush's actions in for the greater good showed Young that Rush is willing to try and I think that Young wants to repay that favor it would have been very easy for Rush to
                        Spoiler:
                        just let him fly into space and i half expected him to do just that
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          I call Frenemies. Too much has happened for them to be true friends. Young will always have a distrust of Rush, no matter how slight it becomes IMO
                          agreed to a point. i do feel that rush and young will get along much better now
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                            Indeed! But I think Young will put more trust into Rush from now on....until Rush messes up again.

Comment

Young and Rush, best of friends.
                              sigpic
                              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                              X