This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I sleep possibly the best episode of the season

if any of you guys missed it, before I sleep is possibly the best episode of the season, its one of those alternate timeline episodes, very good.

The official "Before I Sleep" discussion thread is where we're supposed to chat about this episode. So far, it has aired only in Canada, it will air in the U.S. February 18th, and in the U.K. in two weeks.
    Rocky

Comment

Ya it was cool one of my favs of the season, just wait till you see letters from pegasus now that was cool!!
      Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
      - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
      - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
      Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
      Mayboune: *shrugs*
      - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

yeah i have to agree it is my fav atlantis ep so far

Comment

So far one of my favs episodes but I will choose my favs episode once I’ve seen all episodes in the first season.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I think it's one of the best episodes in the whole Stargate universe. Even counting SG-1. I just loved it!
            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I am thinking that the last two episodes in the series will be the best. I bet they spent some good money on the special effects alone. I will hold out to say once I have seen them.
              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Definitely the best episode in the Atlantis series so far. We should note however that the way it approached time travel was by no means original. Shows like Doctor Who and Red Dwarf played with ideas like that a lot. I'm a huge stargate fan, but we should acknowledge the fact that Hollywood has a long tradition of stealing ideas from the rest of the world and appropriating them, and this is just another example.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
                  Definitely the best episode in the Atlantis series so far. We should note however that the way it approached time travel was by no means original. Shows like Doctor Who and Red Dwarf played with ideas like that a lot. I'm a huge stargate fan, but we should acknowledge the fact that Hollywood has a long tradition of stealing ideas from the rest of the world and appropriating them, and this is just another example.

yeah i know but i still love the ep

Comment

Even better. It takes skill to pull off a story based on an overused concept like time travel. It's one of those things Stargate does well.
                    I don't know any other shows that manages to pull off Time Travel episodes as well. Every single one Stargate's had has been very enjoyable, Before I Sleep kept the tradition.
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                      Even better. It takes skill to pull off a story based on an overused concept like time travel. It's one of those things Stargate does well.
                      I don't know any other shows that manages to pull off Time Travel episodes as well. Every single one Stargate's had has been very enjoyable, Before I Sleep kept the tradition.
                      Sure, they pulled it off it the sense that it was enjoyable to watch. For those of you who haven't seen Red Dwarf, the very first episode of series one does almost the exact same thing (although it is supposed to be a comedy). The individual involved is left in stasis for 3 million years, and when he gets out he finds that his pet cat evolved into a strange cat-humanoid type creature that likes wearing daggy suits.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

Sure, they pulled it off it the sense that it was enjoyable to watch. For those of you who haven't seen Red Dwarf, the very first episode of series one does almost the exact same thing (although it is supposed to be a comedy). The individual involved is left in stasis for 3 million years, and when he gets out he finds that his pet cat evolved into a strange cat-humanoid type creature that likes wearing daggy suits.
                        That concept's not so much time travel as far distant future. But I recall seeing one ep of Red Dwarf where Lister (that's the main guy's name, right?) basically dropped his own infant self on the doorstep of an orphange. Actually, I think it was under a pool table.

Stargate tends to take a lot of over-used sci-fi formulas and pull them off in unique ways. In SG-1's 'Out of Mind', they combine the distant future with a clip show, then turn it on its ear and leave it as a season finale cliff hanger.

a time to mourn

Comment

I liked the red drawf episode where they time traveled back into the jfk era, and had an ironic issue where jfk had to assainate himself, I wish the writers of stargate atlantis were more free to write storylines, not to allow establish dogma to keep storylines dry, look at what all of the dogma stuff has done to star trek franchise, its only now becoming good, but it might be too late, I wished stargate would explore more on the older characters established, I wished they gave rainbow more of a chance to explore his character, instead of making him a recurring character, I hope they flesh out more of David Hewitt's character rodney, I think this episode showed Hewitt's future potential, I hope the gift shows Rachel luttrel's character's potential, remember at the beginning of stargate michael shanks and christophe judges characters were just boring, but they were fleshed out with character centered episodes, i hope stargate atlantis early on have a few character centered episodes. Stargate atlantis has potential, I hope they fullfill it.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                            I liked the red drawf episode where they time traveled back into the jfk era, and had an ironic issue where jfk had to assainate himself,
                            That's one of the few eps I've seen. JFK was the sniper on the grassy knoll.

I also remember that there were Dallas police officers with British accents.

a time to mourn

Comment

The best Red Dwarf episode that dealt with time has got to be Backwards from season Three. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X