Math Chick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Math Chick

Anyone else enjoying what is going on with Chloe? Personally, I wouldn't mind if she became the ship's pilot/navigator. I lol'd at her little Data moment on the bridge
    sigpic

Finally she's a bit useful
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

I would love it if it weren't completely fake. I would rather her have been an Eli by herself, and not with alien help And, her little Data moment on the bridge was more frightening than funny! We like what she did, but the source of the information can be none other than from the evil blue guys. Maybe they aren't still controlling her, and she just got their information and ski-dattled, but it is still frightening. Well,... and exciting, because I'm definitely fine with seeing more of them.
      sigpic
      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

The bridge scene seemed kind of weird to me, they sit her down in front of a control panel and when she starts pushing buttons they rush to stop her...why is she even there in the first place if thats their attitude.

Comment

I think it was the look on her face, she wasn't in control the way she said she was.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            Finally she's a bit useful
            They heard the fanbase whine, and they gave her something to do (that isn't Scott).

Can't say that I'm a fan of aliens reprogramming her, but she gets as much screentime as Volker, Park and Brody, so she may as well join them in the squint squad.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
              Anyone else enjoying what is going on with Chloe? Personally, I wouldn't mind if she became the ship's pilot/navigator. I lol'd at her little Data moment on the bridge
              I am. It is an interesting storyline, and I wonder what will happen to Chloe. At the moment, she seems to have more understanding (although more in a subconcious way) of Destiny's systems / programming than Rush or Eli. After all, she was able to plot a new course, something Rush has been unable to do despite having much more time.
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Ginn was math girl. Chole is mrs smurf
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Actually the Chloe alien arc is getting a little drawn out. I would like something to finally happen
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Actually the Chloe alien arc is getting a little drawn out. I would like something to finally happen
                    Is there any plots in SGU which are not heavily drawn out. TJ baby plot, Telford on the gate seeder ship, Chloe's transformation, Destiny's AI/sentience, Franklin avatar like behavior, the new "game changing" mission (which was only paid lip service in this episode), the LA integration into the Destiny ship, etc etc.

As I said in the other thread, it would be a bit better if the blue aliens were a ever present threat and concern like the Wraith or Goauld. So her transformation arc could be interlinked with the overarching arc and the blue aliens enemy treats. But as I said, I make myself believe that it is and we don't know where the writers are going with this.

Yes, as everything on that show, better and faster pacing would be better.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                      Is there any plots in SGU which are not heavily drawn out. TJ baby plot, Telford on the gate seeder ship, Chloe's transformation, Destiny's AI/sentience, Franklin avatar like behavior, the new "game changing" mission (which was only paid lip service in this episode), the LA integration into the Destiny ship, etc etc.

As I said in the other thread, it would be a bit better if the blue aliens were a ever present threat and concern like the Wraith or Goauld. So her transformation arc could be interlinked with the overarching arc and the blue aliens enemy treats. But as I said, I make myself believe that it is and we don't know where the writers are going with this.

Yes, as everything on that show, better and faster pacing would be better.
                      Yes. Its one thing to have new developments in an arc. Its another just to continue with same problem with no new development of Chloe changing into something
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Honestly, I'm a bit conflicted. Yeah, she's getting useful. But it took aliens doing something to her to achieve that. It wasn't anything she had accomplished on her own. Even then, Rush had to goad her into making use of it.

However, putting her on the bridge was just plain stupid.

Comment

I want her to be useful. I'd really really really really like her to be useful.

But I'm wary of them turning her into a Lana Lang.

In short:
                          Everyone loves her, it's depicted as wrong for others to act questionably when she is forgiven for every bad choice, Clark keeps loving her even after she breaks his heart about a dozen times, she learns martial arts and how to handle guns amazingly quickly, and then they give her superpowers. She is given a biological suit, which mimics Kryptonian abilities, meaning she is as powerful as Clark. But then to top it all off, in order to save the day, she absorbs a massive amount of Kryptonite from a bomb (and as a result, her body now radiates the stuff itself) and then departs from the show. Effectively, this means that Lana Lang is now the one person on the planet, who could slaughter Clark (aka "pre-Superman") with ease if the circumstances made it so.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodModeSue

Comment

Yeah, but the whole Lana thing was because a certain writer absolutely loved Lana, and kept wanting to bring her back and make her into this great thing that everyone would love. It didn't work, as everyone else got tired with her GodModeSue antics.

I don't get the sense that the writers are deliberately making her this way. Instead, it feels more like the actor isn't asking for enough for her character. Much like Chloe, the actor needs to step up and say, "Hey, I think my character should be shown standing up and doing more on the ship" instead of continually being a helpless damsel in distress. It's pretty much insulting to the character and women in general.

Comment

I liked Chloe from the beginning, but I think I like Super Chloe even more!

Comment

Working...
                              X