X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S02E08 Wow

Hello Everyone
    I have not posted on Gateworld for some time as I have been nursing my Atlantis wounds. But after watching the last few episodes I just want to say things "are happening" I think I might be liking SGU now. Each episode was a torture for me to watch and I usually had to watch an Atlantis episode or 3 afterwards to make up for the lack of Action ,Content, Comedy etc etc. But after watching S02E08 I finally think there may be hope for SGU.
    After all the first Stargate movie was a Military Sci Fi action and STARGATE is GREAT at killing Extras and having gun fights. I officially think SGU has some hope, so I will try to restrain my criticisms of it, and may even tell my mates to watch the last few (most have given up) . Its not something I can let my Sons watch, but they are happy with a daily Atlantis episode.

*Spoilers for Seizure
    Spoiler:
    All SGU needs now is the Rodney McKay appearance and it could be real nice
    and no more meaningless cliffhangers pretty please.
    sigpic

if you only like it because of Malice you have hardly watched all episodes.

*cue nightmares about how people didn't understand Time*

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      *cue nightmares about how people didn't understand Time*
      Those people should watch Star Trek: Voyager's "Relativity". Now THAT'S a complicated time travel episode!
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by jackisback View Post
        and no more meaningless cliffhangers pretty please.
        Define 'meaningless cliffhangers', please.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Define 'meaningless cliffhangers', please.
          Probably wants a reset button every episode.

Comment

Let's not be jerks. Someone actually came back to the show. This is cause for celebration!

Comment

Um, glad you liked "Malice". Sorry you thought the other episodes sucked - I loved them.

How's that?
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Sometimes it just takes awhile to get into something especially with a serialized show because theres a lot of build up before a pay off, so I guess I can understand why some people may have lost interest earlier. It's nice to see that more people are starting to give the show a chance again.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey jackisback yeah i think tptb said they were done with cliffhangers. i mean like any other show they will have that little bit of gotchya at the end of each episode. but if you are talking on the order of ep.120 then ya no more of that. it really looks like they have fleshed alot of mistakes from last year out. this season was a bit of a strange start but it has really clicked into gear starting with trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                    Probably wants a reset button every episode.
                    Or he wants cliffhangers to be resolved sometime later than the beginning of the next episode, like what happened a few times in SGU.

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                    Let's not be jerks. Someone actually came back to the show. This is cause for celebration!
                    I agree, not being jerks is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                      I really want to know what the OP considers 'meaningless cliffhangers'. No jerkness intended.

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      Um, glad you liked "Malice". Sorry you thought the other episodes sucked - I loved them.

How's that?
                      Pretty good.
                      sigpic

Comment

To answer Egle01
                        When I say Meaningless I mean that the Plot/Problem/Story/Mystery is weakened by the amount of time spent on it and does not have enough substance/importance to deserve being dragged out for a long period of time. Like Butter being spread so thin if you don't mind the comparison.
                        I think its obvious that TV shows are trying very hard to keep an Audience and in my opinion this is exactly the tactic used by Shows today, they create an "issue/problem" but drag out the resolution so people will come back and watch more, this tactic destroys the entertainment value for me, I do not know how people can stand it. What I think made Stargate good is they tend to borrow ideas already in the SCI FI world and they make them better, we all like it because we all love SCI FI, but its not worth trying to drag it out.
                        It reminds me of LOST too much, which to me simply provides no real answers to anything other then a endless form of mystery. I don't "beleive" in the mysteries that much I can wait episode after episode for a final answer, but I suppose some like that form of entertainment. I prefer OLD Stargate Shows that explore a SCI FI topic with a beginning and end in the Same Episode except of course Season endings and Beginnings which they usually put allot of effort and development into and usually these ones are 2 part episodes and are great to watch.
                        In Episode 8 I fully expected it to drag out the ending but instead it went ahead and the Bad Guy was killed, to me that's good, I feel satisfied enough to want to watch the next episode and see the next problem solved.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the past three episodes of SGU has really shown a good increase in pace for the show. "Malice," "The Greater Good," and "Trial and Error" are the kind of episodes I wish we had more of in Season 1!

Comment

Not a reset button at all, just the exact opposite where things actually happen.
                            What they might have done is capture the BAD guy and bring him back to the Destiny and then do nothing.
                            Rush was the only one wanting to hunt him down and give him some justice. There situation is rather precarious compared to other Stargate realities and the fact they all happily live from episode to episode is a bit out of sink for a "more serious show", as I jokingly said they killed some extras and that's good.
                            It could have been meaningless nothingness = nothing happens.
                            The same for RUSH hiding the command center, they finally rightfully revealed it to everyone instead of unrealistically dragging it out, I thought the show look stupid that every time Destiny did something Rush was no where to be found.
                            A conclusion to an event means things are happening and that is entertainment.
                            I am happy now, ome may say this is "to predictable" but I say it is really satisfying, I now had the guts to tell a friend to watch it and he thinks the episode is great as he likes the Action, before this point it was too embarrassing to talk about.
                            A Desert atmosphere, Gun fights and the Clock ticking away now that is a proper Stargate episode. Scott and Greer could have acted better instead of just wandering and not really bothering to look out for the Sniper, but hey its great things are picking up.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree totally
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X