The attack on Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The attack on Earth

Why is Homeworld Security so concerned about a Lucian Alliance attack of Earth? With the complement of 304s that Earth has, we should have no problem repelling any attack they can wage. If they come in force, it should allow us to wipe them out (since new Hataks are no longer being built).

Additionally, if we can get the Free Jaffa to park a few motherships in the solar system, they would even make victory more certain.

Personally, I would love to see an episode where the LA attack Earth, and I would love to see us capture a few Hataks from them if possible.

Originally posted by PJO3434 View Post
    Why is Homeworld Security so concerned about a Lucian Alliance attack of Earth? With the complement of 304s that Earth has, we should have no problem repelling any attack they can wage. If they come in force, it should allow us to wipe them out (since new Hataks are no longer being built).

Additionally, if we can get the Free Jaffa to park a few motherships in the solar system, they would even make victory more certain.

Personally, I would love to see an episode where the LA attack Earth, and I would love to see us capture a few Hataks from them if possible.
    Given the way the Alliance has been operating, I seriously doubt they'd go for a direct frontal assault. They know that Earth has superior technology and lots of allies in the galaxy so they're going for a more covert kind of assault, the same kind of operation they successfully pulled off with getting onboard the Destiny. It's much more likely that they'd use a cloaked ship and blow up a city or two with nukes.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PJO3434 View Post

The Free Jaffa and Earth aren't on 100% good terms, at least, that was the last thing I understood.

Comment

Cloaked cargo ships full of nukes = goodbye Earth.

Comment

not just nukes. Naquadah enhanced. Poor Eli...

Comment

There's lots of very easy ways for the Lucian alliance to wipe out the Earth if they actually get to use real life type brainpower. The easiest would be to just get a cargoship up to fractional c speeds while cloaked and crash it into the planet on purpose. When it hits it'll destroy the entire biosphere.

If the plan worked they wouldn't even know anything was even going on until the thing actually hit and everybody got vaporised.

Use a few dozen at once if you're really worried about them seeing through the cloak or something. The LA have plenty of old Goa'uld junk to play with and Earth is the biggest batch of eggs in a single fragile basket in the entire Stargate universe.

Of course when the attack actually does come it'll probably be a bunch of idiots in black leather with carbines trying to storm Norad and take it over.

Comment

how about straight out ignoring the 304's in orbit and just directly targeting cities?

or what about a sizeable fleet of Al'kesh. we don't have anything that can effectively fight them. it has shields, so railguns are useless and our APBW's cant really hit them. and missiles well they won't be THAT effective

Comment

Since atlantis is on earth and has atleast a partially functional ZPM they could send drones after any fleet that attacked, the asguard enhanced ships are more then a match for the ships and really, the LA is going to attack earth?

I think this entire attack on earth is idiotic "terrorists in space" plot. It's like if Osama was captured and we didn't put him to death because "he may have information about an attack in the works."

Tim

Comment

Atlantis wouldn't be able stop the attack. Surely, it would destroy all the hataks, but not in time to save a handful a cities from being blown sky high.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

With the long range sensors atlantis has? And the regular ships?

Plus it just doesn't make sense. Do you really want the people who defeated the goauld, the replicators and the ori as enemies?

I don't get the LA. I don't understand why they would plan an attack on earth knowing that it's quite possibly the worst thing they could.

Tim

Comment

Yeah, I don't get it either. The only thing I can think of is that people that are just starting SGU wouldn't know how many threats the SGC has derailed with just 4 people. Plus "The Lucian Alliance" sounds REALLy bad-ass. Nice name writers!
                      sigpic
                      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

PJ,

How do you know, with certianty, they aren't building any new Ha'taks?
                        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Maybe they want to steal Atlantis? They seem awfully interested in Ancient tech
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                            Maybe they want to steal Atlantis? They seem awfully interested in Ancient tech
                            I hope so. Do you think that the writers will go so far into SG1/SGU stuff while trying to keep new viewers?

Spoiler:
                            Well, I heard that David Hewlett guest stars later, so maybe they will do stuff like this to make ME happy. <3 SGA.
                            sigpic
                            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

i think its more the fact that they are planing an attack that worry's sgc...it means they think they have a chans maby they found a lost Atlantis weapon or something...

Comment

Working...
                              X