PDA

View Full Version : The grazing creatures in that planet in Malice.

RJLCyberPunk
November 16th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Does anyone have good vidcaps of them? I'm loving how they are showing far more exotic aliens and creatures than any of the other shows in the franchise ever did.

Vapor
November 16th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I loved that we were seeing more alien life, and the way the animals were used in the episode was great. However, the look was still a bit off in certain shots. It has that strange almost stop-motion feel that we've had a couple times before with abnormal animals. A little weird.

But otherwise, yeah, glad to see more unusual creatures.

lars
November 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9994/vlcsnap2010111707h27m10.png
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9702/vlcsnap2010111707h28m57.png
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6132/vlcsnap2010111707h29m53.png

I hope you find this to your pleasing.

And I have to agree, I've found all lifeforms shown so far to look far more alien and non-rubberish than anything before. Especially the blueberry aliens look great! Their language not being english was just the icing.

meo3000
November 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Bigger...
http://picupload.org/i/71eab4dc816f.jpg

Generic Blue
November 16th, 2010, 11:24 PM
when i saw the first animal i was like, ok if you putting this in here dont make them horrible, like the dragon from SG-1, i was so happy when the stampede came because it was great.

morbosfist
November 16th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Aww, it looks sort of cute, like a raptor if you made it cuddly.

lars
November 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
They should really have barbecued one of them. What's better suited to cheer all those long faces up than a few steaks and some Brody's Finest?

MattSilver 3k
November 17th, 2010, 12:24 AM
We shall dub them... Nothing. 'Cause this fandom sucks at naming stuff.

Cold Fuzz
November 17th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Bigger...

Thanks for posting that one as it's the best view of them so far. They're definitely reptilian but they've got much larger eyes. The eyes are also not shaped the way I thought they would be for reptiles of that size which I like. Very good design overall.

Solokiller
November 17th, 2010, 12:49 AM
They look like giant alien chickens.

Sami_
November 17th, 2010, 01:00 AM
They are like the wasteland version of ton ton's from Star Wars.

Henceforth these creatures shall be known as Wasteland TonTon's, so shall it be!

PG15
November 17th, 2010, 01:03 AM

No kidding. What kind of crap name is "Nothing"?!

MattSilver 3k
November 17th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Nothing is better than Smurf, Booger and all manner of other crappy names dude, trust me.

PG15
November 17th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I stand corrected.

wolverine_nl
November 17th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Dinoliens :P

Nathan Reynolds
November 17th, 2010, 05:24 AM
No kidding. What kind of crap name is "Nothing"?!

That made me laught out loud :)

Spimman
November 17th, 2010, 05:25 AM
BBQ? :mckayanime08:

Greer is hilarious!

blackluster
November 17th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Greer's BBQ comment suddenly made me think of Perfectly Normal Beasts from the Hitchiker's Guide...

icsteffi
November 17th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Did anyone else expect Rush to not only use them to kill Simeon, but also to ride one all the way back to the gate to make it on time!? The image of Rush as a cowboy on one of those things was amusing.

P.S. I'm a bit mad at myself and the other humans....who is to say that they aren't even more intelligent than us!? I hope that none of them were harmed by Rush's bomby-bomb.

Girlbot
November 17th, 2010, 06:02 AM
BBQ? :mckayanime08:

Greer is hilarious!
Loved that comment :D

randomking
November 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Bigger...

wow did not realize they used that much detail on them...at first it looked like a clip from jerasic park...nice to see the don't forget about the little detail all the time :D...
btw i wonder if they will have time to shoot a few for meat :D

Makenshi
November 17th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Did anyone else expect Rush to not only use them to kill Simeon, but also to ride one all the way back to the gate to make it on time!?

Baby Jesus on the crib, should Rush ride one while wearing power armor (the suit) and holding a pipe and a pistol... it would be overkill!

Adrian_Jackson
November 17th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I like 'Nothing'. Good name.

Or 'Reptile Horse Chickens'. Either's fine.

Baby Jesus on the crib, should Rush ride one while wearing power armor (the suit) and holding a pipe and a pistol... it would be overkill!

Oh my god. That would be the most epic thing of all time.

Selene1212
November 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM
They should really have barbecued one of them. What's better suited to cheer all those long faces up than a few steaks and some Brody's Finest?

btw i wonder if they will have time to shoot a few for meat :DThey just might have. Remember Scott said Rush was like 8 hours late, they had to do something to kill all that time.

Baby Jesus on the crib, should Rush ride one while wearing power armor (the suit) and holding a pipe and a pistol... it would be overkill!And don't forget the cowboy boots. You know, just to go all the way over the top! :D

thekillman
November 17th, 2010, 09:16 AM
they would probably taste like chicken.

but yea pretty awesome, though i don't see how they can live in such a world (not enough vegetation)

Retro_Invasion
November 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Maybe they were hoovering up some insects in the sand.

How's about Scottosaurus?

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM

This, plus the boots from "Cloverdale" - Rush for the epic win!

thekillman
November 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
crowbar, not a pipe! crowbar's so much more awesome than a pipe.

talyn2k1
November 17th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I saw using the stampede to injure Simeon part coming, they made it really obvious by having him switch from Simeon, to herd, and then back to Simeon again.
The though of Rush riding one of them did cross my mind, but that would just be way too campy (not really the word, but can't think of anything better).

Nth Chevron
November 17th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Imo, the whole herd trampling thing was a good idea but poorly done, when rush saw the herd he was on the otherside of them, to where his C4 would eventually go off, now how the hell can he manage to get from half a mile behind Simeon to 3/4 of a mile in his 2 o'clock position, plant the C4, moving through roughly the middle of the herd, and back to behind simeon in roughly them same amount of time it took Simeon to limp (swiftly i might add) about 200 metres and STILL bein the same spot he was in when he started judging from angles and positions viewed through Rush's bino's and then the inevitable stampede.

[/GRIPE]

N.C

Buck32
November 18th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hat's off to the writers for those creatures it really made it feel like an alien planet and not just canada!!!

pipi
November 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I was hoping Simeon would be ripped apart from a raptor feeding frenzy. The fact that Rush ran all the way around the far side to plant the bomb and then run back to face Simeon was a bit hard to believe.

Steelbox
November 18th, 2010, 03:02 AM
He has secret skills my lord pipi. He aint just a cowboy, no sire. He is el pistolero Cojones!

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 04:47 AM
They look like giant alien chickens.

When i first saw t, i was thinkig back to ESB, but i also then thought about Jurassic park with that one small dinosaur who loved charging and head butting people (and vehicles).

MechaThor
November 18th, 2010, 04:54 AM
The alien Desert Tauntauns looked cool, although the final shot of them all grazing looked alittle "copy and paste", would have been nice to see them acting more like a collective, with look outs, playing ect.... (has flashbacks to the Re'tu).

However there's one thing that really disappointed me, and that's the fact that when I first saw one I thought "so is that how Rush will get back to the gate?", spending the rest of the episode picturing Rush charging back to the gate on ones back, space cowboy style. I am also happy to hear that I am not the only one XD
Series 3 maybe?

thekillman
November 18th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I saw using the stampede to injure Simeon part coming, they made it really obvious by having him switch from Simeon, to herd, and then back to Simeon again.

for me it was like this.

*simeon*
*herd of alien creatures*
stampede of course.
*pack of C-4*
definately stampede.

hadn't you noticed rush actually visibly took a pack of C4 from his backpack?

Vn70072
November 18th, 2010, 08:35 AM
It puzzled me a bit too how Rush managed to get into position to plant C-4 to spook the creatures, and then back to where he could draw Simeon into the open.

As for riding one of the desert striders back to the gate, the crewmember I can see most likely attempting something like that would have to be... Greer.

rsanchez
November 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM
they would probably taste like chicken.

but yea pretty awesome, though i don't see how they can live in such a world (not enough vegetation)

Herding animals typically migrate pretty often looking for food. Maybe they were on their way to an oasis on the planet that's only available once a year or every few years when the rainy season comes? You'll see elephants in the desert on Earth doing this, and those little things looked a lot smaller than elephants.

prion
November 18th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Sort of the arid desert version of the Star Wars tauntaun ;) And when Greer made the remark about barbecue, couldn't help but think of Sheppard's similar response in "Echoes" (SGA) when they saw the whale. Hmm, same person write both eps?

hallmjo
November 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM
wish we'd caught a baby

RJLCyberPunk
November 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Did anyone else expect Rush to not only use them to kill Simeon, but also to ride one all the way back to the gate to make it on time!? The image of Rush as a cowboy on one of those things was amusing.

P.S. I'm a bit mad at myself and the other humans....who is to say that they aren't even more intelligent than us!? I hope that none of them were harmed by Rush's bomby-bomb.

Umm... No offense but they seemed like grazing animals and not sentient beings as you propose and don't try to turn this thread into a Pro Vegan campaign because I will not stand for it.

SaberBlade
November 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Road Runner would be proud. Rather than putting himself in grave danger, he made Simeon walk into the path of danger, like Wile E. Coyote being run over by a truck coming out of a painted tunnel.

Stargater276
November 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM

As soon as we saw the first one I thought of them being used like that. :)

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 11:40 PM
wish we'd caught a baby

Baby... The other, other, other white meat.

"I'm higher than you on the food chain, GET IN MY BELLY".

zsozso
November 19th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Greer's BBQ line was good! They really should've hunted some of them.
I loved the episode, because at last we saw some alien species. :b

Lahela
November 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I *love* all the alien life forms we're seeing in this show. Just great! :D

Gollumpus
November 19th, 2010, 11:44 AM

How about "MattSilver 3000's"?

regards,
G.

Gollumpus
November 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Imo, the whole herd trampling thing was a good idea but poorly done, when rush saw the herd he was on the otherside of them, to where his C4 would eventually go off, now how the hell can he manage to get from half a mile behind Simeon to 3/4 of a mile in his 2 o'clock position, plant the C4, moving through roughly the middle of the herd, and back to behind simeon in roughly them same amount of time it took Simeon to limp (swiftly i might add) about 200 metres and STILL bein the same spot he was in when he started judging from angles and positions viewed through Rush's bino's and then the inevitable stampede.

[/GRIPE]

N.C

/agree.

regards,
G.

nx01a
November 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Aww, it looks sort of cute, like a raptor if you made it cuddly.My thoughts exactly! Those big eyes... So cute!

carmencatalina
November 19th, 2010, 03:25 PM
My thoughts exactly! Those big eyes... So cute!

And they taste just like chicken!

nx01a
November 19th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Cute, takes out bad guys, AND tastes like chicken?! WIN!

RobertF
November 19th, 2010, 06:23 PM

My guess is that since Simeon was limping, Rush had time to sneak down the valley to plant the C4. Simeon's leg injury also explains why he made no attempt to move aside when he saw the stampeding dino-lizards.

garhkal
November 20th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Plus the look on his face was priceless.. almost like a
"CRUD this is gonna hurt BADDDDD"

Gaeth
November 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM

[/GRIPE]

N.C

By walking. Briskly. There was no clock on the screen so we don't know how long it took.

PantheraLeo
November 21st, 2010, 10:40 PM
or maybe Rush found a pair of shoes with really really really big springs in his bag and then put them on and jumped from where he was to where he planted the C4 and back without Simeon knowing. :D

He could have done all that within 30 seconds and then went on to pretending to shoot at Simeon from a distance, intentionally missing.

thekillman
November 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
Herding animals typically migrate pretty often looking for food. Maybe they were on their way to an oasis on the planet that's only available once a year or every few years when the rainy season comes? You'll see elephants in the desert on Earth doing this, and those little things looked a lot smaller than elephants.

i rechecked the episode. there was a lot more grass than i initially remember. the gate area has a relatively high amount of vegetation. the middle/end part of the episode is in more barren parts of this desert.

or maybe Rush found a pair of shoes with really really really big springs in his bag and then put them on and jumped from where he was to where he planted the C4 and back without Simeon knowing.

He could have done all that within 30 seconds and then went on to pretending to shoot at Simeon from a distance, intentionally missing.

actually in that particular part of the desert, there appear to be "lanes" with layers of adjacent rocks. Simeon actually walks to the next lane, and that's where they confront.

daedalus91
November 25th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm sorry but it would have been so much better if Rush rode one of them back to the Gate just in time. Would have been fantastic.

jelgate
November 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry but it would have been so much better if Rush rode one of them back to the Gate just in time. Would have been fantastic.

And a little unrealastic to tame a creature so fast.

daedalus91
November 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
And a little unrealastic to tame a creature so fast.

Unrealistic?
Did you see how fast Rush planted the C4 and how many people Simeon managed to kill
with a Handgun.
I don't really things can be considered realistic in this episode, let alone a Sci Fi show.

jelgate
November 26th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Unrealistic?
Did you see how fast Rush planted the C4 and how many people Simeon managed to kill
with a Handgun.
I don't really things can be considered realistic in this episode, let alone a Sci Fi show.

Simeon is a highly trained soldier who had the element of surpirse. I find it possible in that regard.

daedalus91
November 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Simeon is a highly trained soldier who had the element of surpirse. I find it possible in that regard.

He basically walked down a corridoor in a straight line shooting people, it was rediculous he managed to get the Gate Room in my opinion.
It was still a fantastic episode though, even if a few things were a little out of place and kind of rushed.

jelgate
November 27th, 2010, 08:45 AM
He basically walked down a corridoor in a straight line shooting people, it was rediculous he managed to get the Gate Room in my opinion.
It was still a fantastic episode though, even if a few things were a little out of place and kind of rushed.

Thats what happens when you have the element of surprise.