PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Vanessa James survives!

Nemises
November 16th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Am I the only one who's pleased to see she wasn't killed ?

For a couple of seconds i thought that she was gone when the mine exploded.

jelgate
November 16th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I didn't think she would die due to spoilers. Although seriously injured came to mind simliar what happened to Riley in S1

Replicator Todd
November 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah with that explosion I was pretty unsure if she lived or not.

Kanten
November 16th, 2010, 08:46 PM
It felt like nearly every character was was about to die in this episode, one of many reasons it was so awesome:

-Volker at gunpoint
-Park + bomb
-James + another bomb
-Greer taking a bullet

This is one of those things that just wouldn't have the same effect in the other series. The amount of tension in this one was absolutely insane.

Pharaoh Atem
November 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM

her chest soften the blow

Paladine
November 16th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Silicone Airbags... never leave your galaxy without em!

Cold Fuzz
November 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
It felt like nearly every character was was about to die in this episode, one of many reasons it was so awesome:

-Volker at gunpoint
-Park + bomb
-James + another bomb
-Greer taking a bullet

This is one of those things that just wouldn't have the same effect in the other series. The amount of tension in this one was absolutely insane.

I was thinking the same thing. With so many of the secondary characters in peril, it felt like any of them could get scragged at virtually any point in the chase. The chase itself felt like a high-energy revenge western which made the episode one of the series' best so far. With the other SG-1 or Atlantis, we knew that the other SG team members were somehow going to make it out alive. But with Riley's death and then Ginn and Amanda Perry's, it felt like any of them could get scragged at any time. Really brilliant.

meo3000
November 16th, 2010, 10:37 PM
She survived, but her head was bleeding even with the tactical helmet, which means she probably hit her head pretty hard, which means concussion.

I hope SGU wont do like Smallville where concussions happen in every other episode and with characters that should technically be in vegetative states due to cumulative effects. How are they suppose to solve this big mystery if after a few years theyre just a bunch of head banged morons?

Generic Blue
November 16th, 2010, 10:37 PM

-Volker at gunpoint
-Park + bomb
-James + another bomb
-Greer taking a bullet

wow i thought they would die in all these scenes, this is great...ever since riley died i keep thinking people are going to die, and it makes the show awesome.

cheezegr8r
November 16th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Nope, I'm with ya. I didn't want to see her die. when the trap went off i was like "NOOOOOOOOO!"

BRiDGELiFE
November 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM

HaHaHa, Nice One...... While the Trailer didn't make me think she was gonna die at all, as soon as Rush Started messing around and then yelling at Scott I knew they'd be fine, a little banged up but fine.

Sami_
November 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM

-Volker at gunpoint
-Park + bomb
-James + another bomb
-Greer taking a bullet

I think they went over the top with it though, the more the writers act like someone is going to die the less the audience believes it because its so commonplace.

They kill off redshirts left and right but you know the main characters are never in danger.

Cold Fuzz
November 17th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I think they went over the top with it though, the more the writers act like someone is going to die the less the audience believes it because its so commonplace.

They kill off redshirts left and right but you know the main characters are never in danger.

Ah, but James and the others were not main characters which was precisely why they were fair game to get scragged. TPTB have set a precedent by getting rid of Ginn, Amanda Perry, and Riley gone: Any of the secondaries—including Vanessa James or Volker—could get eliminated at any time.

icsteffi
November 17th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I didn't think she would die due to spoilers. Although seriously injured came to mind simliar what happened to Riley in S1

ah ha ha . Seriously injured came into my mind too. When I saw her first lift her head, with all that blood, I was sure that she lost an eye. I was thinking, like a really sexy Col. Tigh. :D

Ed
November 17th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I thought she had lost her lower leg as she came up as i was watching with pretty crappy quality.

It does seem strange to me that no one gets serious wounds in stargate BSG was good for this

Tigh loses an eye during torture
Geata loses a leg to infection

it gives a lot of new possibilities for permanent consequences without killing people it's also something mains aren't safe from.

revo1059
November 17th, 2010, 08:09 AM

Those aren't fake. Search Youtube for a movie she was in a few years ago. Definitely no silicone there. She was given for free what women pay several thousand $ to have (and not look as good).

jelgate
November 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Those aren't fake. Search Youtube for a movie she was in a few years ago. Definitely no silicone there. She was given for free what women pay several thousand $ to have (and not look as good).
I can't believe I am going to discuss this.:S

But you can tell by the orientation of the breast if a woman has had implants or not. The way they drop a little tells us they are not implants. A woman who has had plastic surgery on her breasts will have them stand up on the top of her chest versus "orient down". Its clear from that that the actor playing James didn't have implants

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'm going to ask nicely that out of respect for an actual real person, you guys cut it out. Discussing someone this way is rude - would you speak that way about her if the actress was in the room?

Egle01
November 17th, 2010, 11:15 AM
For a couple of seconds i thought that she was gone when the mine exploded.Me too! Given how many awesome people we've lost this season, I was afraid she's a goner, too. Luckily that didn't happen. :)

Wayston
November 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm going to ask nicely that out of respect for an actual real person, you guys cut it out. Discussing someone this way is rude - would you speak that way about her if the actress was in the room?

I know this is a rethorical question, but for normal men the answer would be yes (or rather HEALL YAHHH BOOOYAAHHHH!!!)... do you honestly think she would mind?

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I know this is a rethorical question, but for normal men the answer would be yes (or rather HEALL YAHHH BOOOYAAHHHH!!!)... do you honestly think she would mind?

Yes, I honestly believe she would think you were rude and childish. And the normal men I know aren't all rude and childish.

Maybe you want to convince yourself that women all secretly enjoy this sort of thing, but we don't.

MattSilver 3k
November 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Why oh why does every freaking thread about James devolve into discussing the actresses' breasts?

Sami_
November 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM
As long as its not a personal attack there's no problem as per forum rules.

I don't think speculating on whether a woman has had a breast enhancement is an attack nor do I think commenting on the size of a womans breasts is an attack.

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
No one said it was an attack. I said it was rude.

If people really think saying something like this to a real person wouldn't come off as rude, try it sometime with a complete stranger. Or perhaps at work, or at church, or at one of your kid's school functions.

Sami_
November 17th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Well I doubt she would care, I'm not sure if it was television or a movie but she has done partial frontal nudity before i.e boobs exposed.

jelgate
November 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM
As long as its not a personal attack there's no problem as per forum rules.

I don't think speculating on whether a woman has had a breast enhancement is an attack nor do I think commenting on the size of a womans breasts is an attack.

Saying the actress has implants is considered a personal act. At least it was in the past.

aretood2
November 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I was actually worried that they were all toast. I think James is growing on me, I kinda like her. Almost a Female Greer, makes for a good balance.

droid327
November 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Character development = great, up to now James had pretty much just been playing the role of the "hot angry brunette" on board. Which I think fully validates discussion vis-a-vis her mammaratorials; if thats how the writers are going to give her to us, if thats something she uses in her career (and photo shoots and past roles have shown it is), then its perfectly fair to bring it up.

Tension building with impending death = good in small doses. I feel every time they "almost" kill a character, they're using up some of the tension "currency" they create when they actually kill people like Riley. This episode had like 4 impending deaths by itself. Viewers will quickly slip back into a cynical "only red shirts ever actually die" mentality, and then they're forced to off another supporting character to regain credibility.

Blatant shipping = bad...one romantic plotline is enough, and Chloe-Eli-Young(-Ginn) was serving that role just fine. I dont want to see Greer-Volker-Park or James-Greer-Young or any other triangulation with the main females, or it will go completely from space opera to soap opera.

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I was kinda worried, yeah.

But I can't imagine why the OP would think to be the only person pleased that she lived.

GateroomGuard
November 17th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I'm glad she survived. If either James, Volker, or Park die I'm off the show. I have a rule when two of my favorite characters die in a show I quit watching. With Riley gone if one of those three go I'm gone.

Though I wasn't that worried, from Julia Benson's twitter she said she just finished filming her part in the season finale, therefore I'm pretty sure she'll be alive by that point. Of course I'm not sure about next season, but she, Volker, and Park better make it through.

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Why oh why does every freaking thread about James devolve into discussing the actresses' breasts?Hey guys, don't you think MattSilver 3k's letters are really round? I think his pixels are photoshopped.

GateroomGuard
November 17th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hey guys, don't you think MattSilver 3k's letters are really round? I think his pixels are photoshopped.

Why oh why does every freaking thread about MattSilver 3k devolve into discussing the posters font?

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Ok, that is funny. Fonts, I get it.

AndSoItBegins
November 17th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Why oh why does every freaking thread about James devolve into discussing the actresses' breasts?

I'll give you two guesses.

Sorry. I agree absolutely with your intent but I could not just ignore that opening. ;)

rview
November 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I will not comment too much on Julia's "reality", but I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that she had commented on the subject. So I did some looking, and found it. Actors/actresses are in the spotlight, so the public discussing various aspects of them and their lives is just going to happen. It would be nice if it was always respectful, but it isn't, at the very least it should be accurate.

http://www.juliabensononline.com/2009/10/in-last-two-days-i-have-started-blog.html

That being said, I am glad she's still around too. Personally I don't care how she's dressed, she's a fine actress, and should have a bigger role, perhaps an episode in the future. A person wonders with this show who is going to stay..., unlike past series, that part I don't like. They get a character in that is likable, and then gone....

hedwig
November 17th, 2010, 09:19 PM

I'm amongst those who are relieved and pleased to see that Lt. James survived. At first I thought "noooooo ... !!!" And then she moved and got up. Big sigh of relief from me.

I was puzzled though, later, when she was at the gate and had a bandage on her forehead where the blood had been. Did she go back to the ship and get treated, then back to the planet? Or did she have bandages with her and patched herself up, and then waited for the others to get back?

Pharaoh Atem
November 17th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I will not comment too much on Julia's "reality", but I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that she had commented on the subject. So I did some looking, and found it. Actors/actresses are in the spotlight, so the public discussing various aspects of them and their lives is just going to happen. It would be nice if it was always respectful, but it isn't, at the very least it should be accurate.

http://www.juliabensononline.com/2009/10/in-last-two-days-i-have-started-blog.html

That being said, I am glad she's still around too. Personally I don't care how she's dressed, she's a fine actress, and should have a bigger role, perhaps an episode in the future. A person wonders with this show who is going to stay..., unlike past series, that part I don't like. They get a character in that is likable, and then gone....

nice to see her using gateworld graphics hope Darren doesn't mind

spinny magee
November 17th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I thought Volker was going to bite it, James for a second, but no one else really.

I am sad that those alien creatures didn't eat Simeon.

pipi
November 18th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I thought she reacted too slow to Scott's warning.

Sami_
November 18th, 2010, 02:40 AM

Nice, I love it when women confirm their breasts are real, you know they are proud of it and want it known but it has to be in response to rumors of the contrary or its just bragging :D

..well not so much want it known but rather don't want people thinking they are fake.

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 03:07 AM
I was surprised she got out of it with just a concussion (some blood on the head).. but happy she did.

Tuvok
November 18th, 2010, 04:28 AM

Please...they are one hundred percent real and awesome.

They complete the assemble, fearless soldier. Sometimes awkward girl looking for contact. Brave and dedicated officer and the defacto tom boyish sister of the group.

Wayston
November 18th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Yes, I honestly believe she would think you were rude and childish. And the normal men I know aren't all rude and childish.

Maybe you want to convince yourself that women all secretly enjoy this sort of thing, but we don't.

Of course not all women would enjoy it (especially not if intended as derogatory instead of a compliment). However the body is part of an actor's "assets" and open for debate. Not discussing her larger than average assets would be an affront to good journalism :)

The Mighty 6 platoon
November 18th, 2010, 05:05 AM

Because they are an utterly awesome set of breasts? I'm just theorising here. :D

I was glad to see James in action (not in that way you dirty pervs :P) as well, it's good to see her confidently leading a team. She is another character that has developed quite nicely, at the start she was not at all commanding, slowly she has begun to step up.

droid327
November 18th, 2010, 10:29 AM
She is another character that has developed quite nicely...

Yes I'm also quite pleased with how well she developed...:D

Kidding! That was just too good a setup :)

MattSilver 3k
November 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Because they are an utterly awesome set of breasts? I'm just theorising here. :D

Yes yes, I'm well aware and agree, but in a legitimate thread about say, her being controlled by the aliens in Sabotage or her surviving the explosion here, the conversation goes straight for the chest region. Without fail. We should just do a weekly "James's Breasts" thread and cut out the funking middleman, man.

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 10:35 PM
OK. You post first in that thread...

Sami_
November 19th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Yes yes, I'm well aware and agree, but in a legitimate thread about say, her being controlled by the aliens in Sabotage or her surviving the explosion here, the conversation goes straight for the chest region. Without fail. We should just do a weekly "James's Breasts" thread and cut out the funking middleman, man.

Well that would be rude :D

Its better to just bring them up in casual conversation.

MattSilver 3k
November 19th, 2010, 01:06 AM
OK. You post first in that thread...

Challenged accepted. Next episode she appears in, I make a James's Breasts thread.

garhkal
November 19th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Yayyyy boobies

Stormtrooper
November 19th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Of course she's alive. Simeon wouldn't kill his fellow LA spy after she helped him escape and terminate Ginn/Perry in The Greater Good. Here's damning evidence:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9274/bensonknepper01.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9280/bensonknepper02.jpg

:cool:

Sami_
November 19th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Whats the story behind the photos.

Where are they?
Why is Knepper in a suit?

jelgate
November 19th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Its probably just them around the set

revo1059
November 19th, 2010, 07:22 AM

Ok, HOW is that rude and childish? Calm down. We didn't insult her in any way. One poster thought that she might have fake breasts and I corrected them. No rude comments were used and it's not childish. Thats one of the (many) problems with society in the US, mention a boob or show a butt and it's taboo.

I'd be willing to bet good $ that Julia would not be offended at the slightest. She's well endowed, it's an indisputable fact, so with the fact that breast implants are available when I see a well endowed woman, yes I do wonder "real or not" (as most men would) and for some adults to be having a reasonable discussion on the topic is not rude or childish.

If I see someone that is 7'6" (bigger than "normal") and talk about it is that rude or childish? Just because the body parts are different doesn't make it so.........

Sami_
November 19th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Ok, HOW is that rude and childish? Calm down. We didn't insult her in any way. One poster thought that she might have fake breasts and I corrected them. No rude comments were used and it's not childish. Thats one of the (many) problems with society in the US, mention a boob or show a butt and it's taboo.

I'd be willing to bet good $ that Julia would not be offended at the slightest. She's well endowed, it's an indisputable fact, so with the fact that breast implants are available when I see a well endowed woman, yes I do wonder "real or not" (as most men would) and for some adults to be having a reasonable discussion on the topic is not rude or childish.

If I see someone that is 7'6" (bigger than "normal") and talk about it is that rude or childish? Just because the body parts are different doesn't make it so.........

Completely agree, its very prudish to complain about this kind of stuff in my opinion.

Rosehawk
November 19th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hey folks, this thread is about Lt. James surviving, not about her physical attributes, especially since they did not make a difference as to whether she survived or not.

Please get back on topic.

Rosehawk
Gateworld Moderator

YoshiKart64
November 19th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'm glad her character survived since she's one of the great supporting cast that SGU has. More interesting than Chloe or Wray in my opinion since her character can actually be involved in the important aspects of the show.

Imo I think the writers have learned not to sexualise her character (and the other females for that matter) and help balance out the show a little more. This is extremely important seeing as how 2/3 of the female main cast in the show do not play important roles in episode developments and the other has been given (although i know this was unavoidable) a pregnancy storyline.

Stormtrooper
November 19th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Whats the story behind the photos.

Where are they?
Why is Knepper in a suit?

Syfy movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1679180) :D

Girlbot
November 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I'm glad her character survived since she's one of the great supporting cast that SGU has. More interesting than Chloe or Wray in my opinion since her character can actually be involved in the important aspects of the show.

Imo I think the writers have learned not to sexualise her character (and the other females for that matter) and help balance out the show a little more. This is extremely important seeing as how 2/3 of the female main cast in the show do not play important roles in episode developments and the other has been given (although i know this was unavoidable) a pregnancy storyline.

I agree :) I like James character. And I am glad they didn't kill her off. She took that head wound like a strong woman would. Shake it off and get on with the mission

Sami_
November 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Syfy movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1679180) :D

Cool, definitely going to check that out.

smart
November 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Yes, I thought the character was going to die for a moment, especially given the risky and uncertain situations as well as deaths which occurred in the episode. However, I am glad she was not as James provides interesting dynamics , in terms of the Scott-Chloe-James triangle as well as the relationship between military and civilian personnel aboard Destiny.

UniverseSizePlotHole
November 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Lt James near a bomb blast reminds me of Sergeant James from Hurt Locker.

garhkal
November 20th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Or many times we saw sam and co in SG1 near a blast..

PantheraLeo
November 21st, 2010, 09:35 PM

I think Julia Benson won't mind...We all love what she has and she knows it ;)

Angela V
November 23rd, 2010, 08:24 AM
I'm glad [email protected]@ girl didn't die either.

I do thing every thread about Lt. James should start off that she's 100% real and staying on topic would help those of us who are tired of seeing this sort of thing mentioned all the time in her threads. Otherwise I can threaten to talk about all the guy's "packages" in their threads. :valaanime06:

Gollumpus
November 23rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm glad [email protected]@ girl didn't die either.

I do thing every thread about Lt. James should start off that she's 100% real and staying on topic would help those of us who are tired of seeing this sort of thing mentioned all the time in her threads. Otherwise I can threaten to talk about all the guy's "packages" in their threads. :valaanime06:

That could turn into something like an ad for a delivery company. Who's got the biggest package and can deliver on time...

regards,
G.