Some interesting things about Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting things about Destiny

So, we learn this time around that not only could Rush never change the clock, he could never stop it, nor ever change Destiny's course in any significant way. But now apparently we can. Looks like Rush hasn't had as much ability to save the people from previous episodes as may have been believed.

But now it makes you wonder, will they use this much in the future?

Hmm, maybe should have named this something else in hindsight, oh well.

Good point. He didn't have as much control as people believed, if it required Chloe to turn it around.

Comment

All they have mentioned about Rush's control of the ship was that he managed to get Destiny to drop out of FTL and make some minor turns, which I think was mentioned in the last couple of episodes. Everyone was commenting on how annoying it was. Even then, he was feeding equations to Chloe, so how much he did himself is not clear.
      My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
        All they have mentioned about Rush's control of the ship was that he managed to get Destiny to drop out of FTL and make some minor turns,
        It looks like the turning that was happening in sublight ("The Greater Good") had zero impact on the default FTL course that Destiny is on. So even though Rush had control with thrusters while not in FTL, it ultimately had zero impact on the ability to guide the course.

So going back for Telford was never an available option for Rush.
        However, now that they can control the FTL flight path, going back for Telford should be on the table.

Comment

Does this mean they are still on the relative same course, or is it drastically changed?
          thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

Same course, they just doubled back.

Comment

I have to ask why the ancients would make controling the ship so flippin hard! I mean apparently you need to be a theoriectical physist just to turn the ship around. You'd think there'd be a button that says "turn Left" and one that says "Turn right". only it'd be in ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post
                I have to ask why the ancients would make controling the ship so flippin hard! I mean apparently you need to be a theoriectical physist just to turn the ship around. You'd think there'd be a button that says "turn Left" and one that says "Turn right". only it'd be in ancient.
                YEA...... If Scott and Shepard and O'Neill were expected to be the only ones on board...... Maybe a better example: Ronan Dex trying to fly the Destiny, LOL!!!!!!
                sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Maybe to make sure only Ancients could fly it? Anyway...

So going back for Telford was never an available option for Rush.
                  However, now that they can control the FTL flight path, going back for Telford should be on the table.
                  I think that would be like looking for a needle in a very large haystack. Remember, they left him on a ship with its own FTL capability. They don't even know where the seeder ship is now!

Comment

Well I think they used the research and progress Rush had already made, plus the 3 guys and Chloe to figure it out. It's amazing what can happen when you have some help!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
                      Does this mean they are still on the relative same course, or is it drastically changed?
                      I kind of like that they can't enact such a drastic change
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by BRiDGELiFE View Post
                        YEA...... If Scott and Shepard and O'Neill were expected to be the only ones on board...... Maybe a better example: Ronan Dex trying to fly the Destiny, LOL!!!!!!
                        they maid it so hard becuse destiny is not supost to go back...they wanted it to reach its gole as soon as it could...and turning around is never a veary good move

Comment

Originally posted by BRiDGELiFE View Post
                          Maybe a better example: Ronan Dex trying to fly the Destiny, LOL!!!!!!
                          *imagines Ronon hitting the consoles like he did in "The Daedalus Variations"* Awesome!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                            Remember, they left him on a ship with its own FTL capability. They don't even know where the seeder ship is now!
                            They don't know where the seeder ship is, but Destiny does as it updates it's position while relaying sensor data on planets ahead.

Comment

Just because the equations were the only way we could use to access those systems, doesn't mean it is necessarily the easiest way. Hopefully we'll find some easier ways to do these things as time goes by, but not too quickly...

Comment

Working...
                              X