Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What galaxy is Destiny in?/Other questions : SPOILERS S1 and 2

Exactly what galaxy is Destiny in?

They go to full power when they fly through a Star, then why can't they dial Earth when this happens?

I though they were going to leave the galaxy they were in and there was a lot of nothing between one galaxy and the next.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 November 2010, 10:11 PM.

1).Don't know which galaxy Destiny is in exactly.. just that it is very far from earth.

2) Destiny only charges to 40% of it's full capacity every recharge because of damage.. and they did try to dial earth while within the star, but aborted because it was way to dangerous. (go back and watch S1 episode7 Earth) Oh and Eli is working on trying to make that work (watch Trial and Error S2 ep6)

3) They already jumped the void between galaxies in S1.. they started the jump in ep15 Lost.. and continued the jump by the end of ep16 Sabotage. By ep17 Pain they are already in the new galaxy. And they are still in that galaxy this season.

I recommend doing a rewatch of Season 1 and pay close attention all of your questions are answered in it..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodmoon View Post
      Exactly what galaxy is Destiny in?

They go to full power when they fly through a Star, then why can't they dial Earth when this happens?

I though they were going to leave the galaxy they were in and there was a lot of nothing between one galaxy and the next.
      Some galaxy so far away that the light from it probably won't reach us for (at least) a few billion years.

Comment

Probably an still uncovered Galaxy that as Arturis said isn't visible yet or is just a mass of dust right now.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Assuming it is a galaxy that even has a name yet. If you visit Galaxyzoo.org you'll see that Hubble has photographed so many that they need online volunteers to classify them all.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X