X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Blue 'disappointed by ratings'

Wednesday, November 10 2010, 13:05 GMT
    By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

Stargate Universe star David Blue has admitted that he is "disappointed" with the show's ratings.

Recent episodes of the sci-fi drama have hovered at around 1m viewers.

"I do think that a lot of us feel disappointed that the ratings aren't higher," Blue told TV Squad. "It's hard. We were really proud of what we'd done this season and we've got some of our best stuff coming up... and it's kind of disappointing to think that people might not be watching it."

However, Blue claimed that DVR ratings had helped to restore the cast's confidence.

"We got the DVR ratings and... realised that we jumped, like, 78 per cent, and it was... a reminder that people don't really watch live television as much anymore."

He added: "If we're not a destination show, then we've very obviously a show that people want to watch and catch up with after, when they can. I respect that."

Stargate Universe continues on Tuesdays at 9/8c on Syfy.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/new...y-ratings.html

not a surprise it gets DVR'd. it's the majority vote of TV watching. if 1 person likes it but the rest does not, it doesn't get watched, it gets DVR'd.

Comment

Mr. Obvious here, but only live ratings matter. DVR numbers and DVD sales are bragging rights.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
        Mr. Obvious here, but only live ratings matter. DVR numbers and DVD sales are bragging rights.
        False. C3 ratings are the ones that matter, those are the ones that record when someone watched the commercials. And DVD sales do matter, the more money MGM makes from the show the more incentive they have to strike a deal with Syfy to keep it around.

Comment

given that he knows how awesome the show is, of course he'd like the numbers to be higher, how was he supposed to feel about it?
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure they are all disappointed. I think they are doing good work, I'm sure they think the same, and they obviously really like the work, so of course they are unhappy that more people aren't watching.

But that's life in entertainment - many is the author who writes what she/he thinks is a fine novel (and it may well be a fine novel) that doesn't get the recognition that something else gets.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I also think the actors are actually doing very good work, and are sort of caught in the middle. They didn't write the scripts, they didn't invent the new Stargate concept, yet they suffer from it. On the other hand, actors take all the fame too when a show succeeds, so I guess it comes with the job

Comment

Originally posted by general grievous View Post
                I also think the actors are actually doing very good work, and are sort of caught in the middle. They didn't write the scripts, they didn't invent the new Stargate concept, yet they suffer from it. On the other hand, actors take all the fame too when a show succeeds, so I guess it comes with the job
                So True......
                sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                  Which would suck if it was cause most of us do DVR/download it they decided to cancel it.

Comment

they are caught in the middle. They're doing their jobs to the best of their availability. and it's not their fault that the appeal and viewership just isn't there.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's obvious by the way he freaks out on facebook every other week.
                      He goes off on rants about how SGU is not canceled. I called him out on it on his last rant. I called him unprofessional, and that no where have I heard SGU is canceled. All the talk is about the ratings, and the ratings for a show with a budget like SGU is not good. I told him we the fans are behind SGU 110% and trying to help get the word out about SGU.
                      He deleted my reply, then proceeded to go on another rant on not bothering to post stuff, since he can delete and block it easily.

I lol'd in RL, cause he is really freaking out about the show. I feel sorry for him cause SGU will probably be his biggest gig he ever gets.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X