So what was the purpose of the other ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what was the purpose of the other ship

other than being a plot device...leading to the discovery of the bridge ?

To begin to set up for the big conflict between the Blues and Browns we are about to stumble upon

N.C

Comment

Yep, something's going wrong with these ships, its gonna be Legen ... wait for it... dary!
      sigpic
      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
        yup
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What's wrong with it just being a plot device? It got them off the ship, it let them gather a little info about the browns it allowed Rush and Young to be alone in a tricky situation and gave a reason for Amanda to be on board the ship and for the others to find the bridge.....................I see no problems.

Fiction is made up of plot devices....deal with it.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            What's wrong with it just being a plot device? It got them off the ship, it let them gather a little info about the browns it allowed Rush and Young to be alone in a tricky situation and gave a reason for Amanda to be on board the ship and for the others to find the bridge.....................I see no problems.

Fiction is made up of plot devices....deal with it.
            plus it lead to some great drama getting them off the ship.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We got to see a plot device in all its glory
              sigpic

Comment

Excellent place for a fistfight?

Actually, I think it is foreshadowing for some more interaction with the brown aliens. What damaged that ship? It was a brown alien ship - who are their enemies? (Cue dramatic music.) Who caused all that damage? (More dramatic music.)

I'm thinking Destiny is going to find itself in the middle of a war soon.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

But was it the browns ship? Or like the seeder, one they inhabited cause it was there?

Comment

The ship's purpose was to show us that there's danger ahead, danger with energy weapons.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                      Finding abandoned ships in space is an old sci-fi staple. You can't have a sci fi show without at least one episode about it.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                        Finding abandoned ships in space is an old sci-fi staple. You can't have a sci fi show without at least one episode about it.
                        Yeah, think "Rendezvous with Rama". I think it's real purpose was to make Young all of a sudden believe that Rush was finally telling him the truth. Or not.

Comment

We saw that the browns have been using the seeder ship for a while and now we saw that they have enemies.Destiny looks like the seeder ship so when the crew encounters these enemies they are most likely to get attacked.That is my theory.

Comment

everything that happens in a story, no matter what it is, is a plot device.
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think it's possible that the ship didn't belong to the Browns, but they maybe disabled it like the did to the Seeder ship. What they'd be doing capturing and occupying alien ships is anyone's guess. The point being that this ship provides many storylines beyond just serving as a plot device for one episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X