Stargate "Universe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate "Universe"

Now the name of the show makes more sense dont you think ?
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

It made sense when they were "several billion lightyears from home". That's pretty far out into the Void, doncha think?

But yes, this did reinforce it.
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I agree, definitely makes more sense. I always wondered why not name it Stargate: Lost or Stargate: Destiny or something more logical then "universe."

Tim

Comment

I didn't think of that. But now we know about following the Big Bang the name makes all the more sense
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

And gives a bigger meaning to the ship's name as well

Comment

not really, i thought it made sense from the episode from when we find out they are far far far out into the 'universe'.
            ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth View Post
              yep

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              And gives a bigger meaning to the ship's name as well
              and yep again
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth View Post
                Indeed it does "This show was named 'Stargate: Universe' for a reason"
                sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                  green
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I've always thought the "Universe" part ment that Destiny was exploring the universe. As in heading out towards the edge of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                      I second the green!

And I agree, the name "Universe" now has a much deeper reason.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Do you think they'll change the opening of the series from "This is what Destiny intended from the moment it entered the star system" to something said in this episode? After all, we know a lot more about the ship and its mission now, and the show starts taking a slightly different course as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ZGoten View Post
                          Do you think they'll change the opening of the series from "This is what Destiny intended from the moment it entered the star system" to something said in this episode? After all, we know a lot more about the ship and its mission now, and the show starts taking a slightly different course as well.
                          Likely theory. They've changed it once already. Actually they've had this one for longer than "Destiny. The design is truly Ancient" so we're due for a change soon
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

When did they change that though? Or was it at the beginning of this season?

Comment

Originally posted by ZGoten View Post
                              I'm still not 100% convinced that is exactly what Destiny was intended for or just Rush's interpretation of it or another one of Rush's tricks. To keep it opening unchanged would allow for more plot lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X