The entire dynamic of the show really has changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The entire dynamic of the show really has changed

There were a lot of major changes this week.

1. What Rush was talking about - embracing Destiny, accepting that they are out there, stop saying they are not the right people, and seeing the mission through.
    2. Rush and Young. Their relationship will never be rainbows and honey, but I do believe that they will now work (in their very different ways) towards the same goal.
    3. Eli and Rush will also have some hatchet-burying next week. Poor bast*rds. I adored both of their girlfriends.
    4. We are one step closer to Varro getting a shot to join the crew, though of course we've lost Ginn/Simeon.
    5. Eli and Chloe acting like normal friends and moving past the silly "nerd boy crush" storyline. Yay!
    6. Most importantly, that scene at the end. Eli sitting in the chair, a crew manning the consoles, tentatively playing with the controls / seeing what they can do, and choosing their own destination along Destiny's overall path. That whole scene felt so very right.

This is how season 1 should of ended. Would of been a great season 1 finale.
    LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
      3. Eli and Rush will also have some hatchet-burying next week. Poor bast*rds. I adored both of their girlfriends.
      Hatchet burying? Rush keeping the Bridge a secret is why Amanda was there to begin with, and why there was no guard on Ginn, and why everyone was so distracted that Simeon could move around without notice. It's all on Rush.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

That would of been so sweet...

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
          Hatchet burying? Rush keeping the Bridge a secret is why Amanda was there to begin with, and why there was no guard on Ginn, and why everyone was so distracted that Simeon could move around without notice. It's all on Rush.
          It's all on Young and the ship of fools. There were supposed to be two guards on Simeon, and Greer as well. And perhaps one or two guards on Ginn/Perry. Huge gaping plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
            It's all on Young and the ship of fools. There were supposed to be two guards on Simeon, and Greer as well. And perhaps one or two guards on Ginn/Perry. Huge gaping plot hole.
            They'll probably explain it next episode. It's obviously supposed to be ominous that Simeon is not guarded when he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              They'll probably explain it next episode. It's obviously supposed to be ominous that Simeon is not guarded when he should be.
              Probably, but I'm guessing they just hope we overlook it. Sort of a "Hey, both guards on Simeon were killed!" without explaining how. And if he only had one guard on him... then it's doubly stupid. The whole point to being two guards is that there is no way he could take down both without one of them getting at least a warning off. That's why they had two guards to each LA member at the start, and Simeon put out enough signs that they should have had two guards on him at all times.

Of course, that's ignoring the stupidity of Simeon taking these actions in the first place! It gains him nothing.

Comment

Probably, but I'm guessing they just hope we overlook it. Sort of a "Hey, both guards on Simeon were killed!" without explaining how. And if he only had one guard on him... then it's doubly stupid. The whole point to being two guards is that there is no way he could take down both without one of them getting at least a warning off. That's why they had two guards to each LA member at the start, and Simeon put out enough signs that they should have had two guards on him at all times.

Of course, that's ignoring the stupidity of Simeon taking these actions in the first place! It gains him nothing.
                Maybe Simeon doesn't care about his own life. He obviously treats it like their concern should not be their own fate but what damage they could do to the LA by blabbing.

As for the guards, Simeon only had the one guard this time, as did Ginn. Maybe they decided to loosen up. Bad move.

Comment

Maybe Simeon doesn't care about his own life. He obviously treats it like their concern should not be their own fate but what damage they could do to the LA by blabbing.

As for the guards, Simeon only had the one guard this time, as did Ginn. Maybe they decided to loosen up. Bad move.
                  One makes me wonder maybe they don't have the manpower for two guards per LA prisioner. Thier is only about 80 of them and the military has more jobs then just LA guarding
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Except... EVERYONE was blabbing. Varro told him as much in a previous episode. Again, killing Ginn gains him nothing. Indeed, it only makes his position more vulnerable.

Yep. In a long series of bad moves. Well, bad isn't quite the right word... stupid. I guess Greer suddenly decided he trusted Simeon more.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    One makes me wonder maybe they don't have the manpower for two guards per LA prisioner. Thier is only about 80 of them and the military has more jobs then just LA guarding
                    Wrong again. The decision on how many to keep was apparently partially predicated on how many they could watch. They had enough for two per LA person at the start, obviously, and people like Ginn who were cooperating could probably have done with one, further making it easier to keep two on the less-trustworthy people like Simeon.

Comment

Can't wait for him to die...

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Except... EVERYONE was blabbing. Varro told him as much in a previous episode. Again, killing Ginn gains him nothing. Indeed, it only makes his position more vulnerable.
                        Maybe the damage Ginn can do exceeds that of the others. Wray makes it a point that Ginn came form the same world as the faction that is going to attack Earth.

Comment

Maybe the damage Ginn can do exceeds that of the others. Wray makes it a point that Ginn came form the same world as the faction that is going to attack Earth.
                          Since this is going off thread topic, I recommend we take this to the general thread. Or maybe I'll make a new one tomorrow or something. The big plot hole though is: He doesn't know whether she's blabbed all she knows yet or not. They clearly aren't speaking. Killing her is a risk that would be stupid to take. I said as much as in the general thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                            Can't wait for him to die...
                            I'm hoping that for Eli and Rush's sake, their vengeance against Simeon will be bloody and unbelievably painful.
                            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 09 November 2010, 09:30 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
                              There were a lot of major changes this week.

1. What Rush was talking about - embracing Destiny, accepting that they are out there, stop saying they are not the right people, and seeing the mission through.
                              2. Rush and Young. Their relationship will never be rainbows and honey, but I do believe that they will now work (in their very different ways) towards the same goal.
                              4. We are one step closer to Varro getting a shot to join the crew, though of course we've lost Ginn/Simeon.
                              5. Eli and Chloe acting like normal friends and moving past the silly "nerd boy crush" storyline. Yay!
                              6. Most importantly, that scene at the end. Eli sitting in the chair, a crew manning the consoles, tentatively playing with the controls / seeing what they can do, and choosing their own destination along Destiny's overall path. That whole scene felt so very right.
                              My thoughts regarding the o.p.'s numbered points:

1. I really don't see the point of Rush's speech. Would have been more convincing had there been something more to it, perhaps mentioning being able to figure out how to dial home, let the people go who want to go, and then get...i dunno...scientists on board who would actually want to continue the mission he wants to continue....
                              2. I don't think they'll work together. Sure for a few eps they'll seem like they are, and then something else will pop up and their mutual hatred and distrust will come shining through.
                              3. Pointless and useless activity to kill off their girlfriends. Especially since eli's could very well have helped with my thoughts in #1, dialing home from a sun, if she were given access to the actual systems control. Oh wait, probably why the writers killed her....oye
                              4. How much interest are the fans supposed to have vested in Varro. I don't have much. I had a lot more in Ginn.
                              5. Yeah, now we get to see Eli go into his depressed-emo-nerd-boy phase since he finally fell for someone who liked him too, only to lose her. Mmmmm boy! Can't wait to see Eli mope around destiny with nobody to be there with!
                              6. Sure, the last visual was nice, but don't expect to see it again since I doubt Eli is going to want to do much in the next who knows how many episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X