This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marks came over Sam's radio yet again, "The Admiral is now away."
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
      {Major Marks}

Marks replied over the radio "...The Admiral has been cleared for launch and will be away in a minute or so."
      Originally posted by Apollodragon View Post
      <Vala's Tel'tak>

Like Vala had mixed feelings about the rings, they helped speed up travel but they sure felt really weird. Daniel watched as everyone followed Sam's orders while he, Vala, and Sam made it toward the rear of cargo bay. He laughed out loud when Jen flipped Vala the bird and Vala looked as if she was lost in it's meaning.

Spoiler:

{Colonel Samantha Carter}

"We have intel from SG4's previous foray into the Alliance territories that they have somewhere in the vicinity of perhaps up to two hundred forced labour prisoners. We need to secure them before we start the main assault." She placed her hands on her hips and made sure the others would not hear. "Cam would not agree and neither would General O'Neill, so I'm on my own on this. You two they can't court martial. In these cases are weapons I need you to somehow get to these people. There isn't enough for all of them, but enough to make a difference. Once both teams have tagged the missiles, I want you to get back to this ship and deliver these weapons. If you can, don't take any risks, but I doubt they are heavily guarded. Tell them that when we start targetting the base from orbit that will be their opportunity to break out. If there are any SGC personnel amongst the prisoners, get them back to the ship with you when you leave and return to your original landing point ok?"

"No problem Sam, it sounds like a good plan. Also if prisoners with these weapons will act as a diversion for the ones we are getting out and SG1 and SG3 to complete their mission," Daniel replied. He had learned a few tactics from his years with Jack and his posting at the SGC. "Come on Vala how hard can flying this thing be?"

"That's the plan Daniel.." Then she lowered her voice. "...and keep it quiet, only we three know ok?"

Marks came over Sam's radio yet again, "The Admiral is now away."

"Thankyou Mark, ask Colonel Caldwell to prep for rendezvous alpha niner tango seven as soon as our pilots have breifed with the Admiral. And tell Doctor Hayden she should ready the medbays for incoming, we have no idea what to espect."

((OOC Med bay hads it's own thread))

*GM's note. As soon as everyone is assembled Sam will give her final briefing and the mission will be on*

Comment

Originally posted by Apollodragon View Post
        <Vala's Tel'tak>

Like Vala had mixed feelings about the rings, they helped speed up travel but they sure felt really weird. Daniel watched as everyone followed Sam's orders while he, Vala, and Sam made it toward the rear of cargo bay. He laughed out loud when Jen flipped Vala the bird and Vala looked as if she was lost in it's meaning.

Spoiler:

"We have intel from SG4's previous foray into the Alliance territories that they have somewhere in the vicinity of perhaps up to two hundred forced labour prisoners. We need to secure them before we start the main assault." She placed her hands on her hips and made sure the others would not hear. "Cam would not agree and neither would General O'Neill, so I'm on my own on this. You two they can't court martial. In these cases are weapons I need you to somehow get to these people. There isn't enough for all of them, but enough to make a difference. Once both teams have tagged the missiles, I want you to get back to this ship and deliver these weapons. If you can, don't take any risks, but I doubt they are heavily guarded. Tell them that when we start targetting the base from orbit that will be their opportunity to break out. If there are any SGC personnel amongst the prisoners, get them back to the ship with you when you leave and return to your original landing point ok?"

"No problem Sam, it sounds like a good plan. Also if prisoners with these weapons will act as a diversion for the ones we are getting out and SG1 and SG3 to complete their mission," Daniel replied. He had learned a few tactics from his years with Jack and his posting at the SGC. "Come on Vala how hard can flying this thing be?"
        <Vala's Telta'k> <Bridge>
        Cameron Mitchell Major Beck

Cameron went over to Daniel slapping him on the back a bit roughly while he quipped. "Come on Jackson I would like to see you fly this bucket."

Major Beck, watched the exchange from the background, quieting his mind and watching the quiet banter that permeated the team bay.
        Last edited by Col.Foley; 15 November 2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

{Colonel Samantha Carter} {Captain Jennifer Hailey}

Sam double checked everyone was there, she then went and stood at the front of the ship, near Vala's pilots seat with her hands behind her back. "Okay everyone listen up I will say this only once. You guys have the most important and most dnagerous job to do and I wished to hell I was going with you. That being said, this will be my last words to you until you are cleared to break radio silence." She made sure she rammed that last part home. "Vala, your LZ is one and half kilometres east of the base, in a clearing amongst the woods. Once down, you will all go to the base area and paint the missile silos with the irradiated dye in the paintguns. There are sixteen silos and until we fry those, we can't go any further. Oh and paint any targets of opportunity as well." She waited until they had absorbed that little piece of information. "Once you've done that, pull back to the LZ and Cam will break RS and signal with two squawks. I don't have to tell you to take cover of course..." She frowned in that motherly way Sam did at times then continued. "Lastly, when you are clear to go, we need to shut down the power core and the Asgard jamming transmitter. When that is done, Caldwell will send in the Marines for mop up, you can assist at your own descretion. That is all, any questions?" She knew there would be, but they are on the clock now. Sam tilted her head at Daniel and Vala that said to them, they knew what to do.

Jennifer pushed herself up from the floor against the bulkhead, she wanted to throw up and just hide, but she held it back and spoke softly. "Ma'am, there are four control bunkers on the map we saw, how do we know which is the primary one?"

"We don't Captain, but at a guess I would say the most activity should tell you."

"Yes ma'am."

Comment

<Vala's Tel'tak.>
            Cameron Mitchell

Cam looked around the compartment himself, he had no questions, it seemed a reasonably straight forward enough mission given the circumstances but he did not want to speak for anyone else. He was not a mind reader, and he felt uncomfortable to say the least in saying everything was all clear.

He looked around the cabin again and spotted Beck, a mutual look of understanding passed between the two, he was in no position to say the all clear either. So Cam gave it a couple more minutes to make sure everything was clear in everyone's minds. Better that then the alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

Sam double checked everyone was there, she then went and stood at the front of the ship, near Vala's pilots seat with her hands behind her back. "Okay everyone listen up I will say this only once. You guys have the most important and most dnagerous job to do and I wished to hell I was going with you. That being said, this will be my last words to you until you are cleared to break radio silence." She made sure she rammed that last part home. "Vala, your LZ is one and half kilometres east of the base, in a clearing amongst the woods. Once down, you will all go to the base area and paint the missile silos with the irradiated dye in the paintguns. There are sixteen silos and until we fry those, we can't go any further. Oh and paint any targets of opportunity as well." She waited until they had absorbed that little piece of information. "Once you've done that, pull back to the LZ and Cam will break RS and signal with two squawks. I don't have to tell you to take cover of course..." She frowned in that motherly way Sam did at times then continued. "Lastly, when you are clear to go, we need to shut down the power core and the Asgard jamming transmitter. When that is done, Caldwell will send in the Marines for mop up, you can assist at your own descretion. That is all, any questions?" She knew there would be, but they are on the clock now. Sam tilted her head at Daniel and Vala that said to them, they knew what to do.

Jennifer pushed herself up from the floor against the bulkhead, she wanted to throw up and just hide, but she held it back and spoke softly. "Ma'am, there are four control bunkers on the map we saw, how do we know which is the primary one?"

"We don't Captain, but at a guess I would say the most activity should tell you."

"Yes ma'am."
              {Colonel Samantha Carter} {Captain Jennifer Hailey} {Vala Mal Doran} {Col. Cameron Mitchell} {Teal'c}

Vala gave Samantha a confirming look...one of "we got this!" She followed Cam's lead and did not disturb the quiet hush of the room with any unnecessary comment which was doing something for her. Her eyes met up with Mitchell's and then on to Daniel for reassurance. She felt relieved knowing that these men were experienced in the ways of SG Missions and she breathed in deeply as she slowly let out her breath murmuring softly, "I wish you could come along too Sam.....but we will not disappoint" She almost winked at her and then stopped herself not wanting to give away the small hidden agenda they had between them.

She waited a bit but then she always hated the flight protocols involved with disembarkation. She just wanted to get the show on the road. So she impatiently moved closer to her consoles and placed her hand on T'ealc's shoulder and began to review the mission with him. "Teal'c prepare for departure as soon as the Colonel is safely back on board and we get the all clear. Then Lay in a course for the base. As we approach we'll go stealth, when in range, do our scans to ensure our intel was accurate....that way we'll determine exactly where our LZ will be." She almost rambled on but then stopped herself.

She spun around and noticed everyone just staring at her and felt their tenseness. "I can do this......really." Trying to reassure the crew that she could navigate this ship, trying to ease them a bit she barked, "Everyone else....just go away...." She motioned with her hands as to shoo them cuz it always made her nervous with people watching over her shoulder. She gave Cam a quick nod, "You guys may as well dig in and get comfy.....and saddle up as they say. It will take us a while to get there but once there things are going to move quickly. So while you're waiting check your gear......or something!" She knew Col. Mitchell would take it from here with regard to the rest of the team. Her mission for now was to just get them on the ground covertly and safely in the landing zone at the base. She began twiddling with her hair nervously and wished so much she had a piece of gum on her. "Wait!!....anyone have some gum? I really really need to chew gum right now!"
              Last edited by squirrely1; 18 November 2010, 03:40 AM.
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

{Major Marks}

Marks voice came over Sam's radio "Colonel Carter, three ha'taks have just returned to the planet. We're picking up some chatter and recording it for translation."
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

{Major Marks}

Marks voice came over Sam's radio "Colonel Carter, three ha'taks have just returned to the planet. We're picking up some chatter and recording it for translation."

"Copy that Kevin, I'll be there in five minutes."

"Right then you're all set. Vala, Cam all of you. Make me proud." Sam went around to each and everyone and hugged them all, even the newbies. She then stepped onto the ring platform which auto rotated and sent her back to the Hammond.

When Sam was at last gone Jennifer decided that if they were going to work as a team, she might as well start. She reached into her backpack and brought out a tube of gum, the bulk pack. She ripped of the plastic seal and offered it to Vala first. "Here you go Vala, go on I've plenty. I guess now all we have to is wait for Sam to give us the go ahead when she's on the bridge."

Comment

<Vala's Tel'tak>
                    Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    {Colonel Samantha Carter} {Captain Jennifer Hailey} {Vala Mal Doran} {Col. Cameron Mitchell} {Teal'c}

Vala gave Samantha a confirming look...one of "we got this!" She followed Cam's lead and did not disturb the quiet hush of the room with any unnecessary comment which was doing something for her. Her eyes met up with Mitchell's and then on to Daniel for reassurance. She felt relieved knowing that these men were experienced in the ways of SG Missions and she breathed in deeply as she slowly let out her breath murmuring softly, "I wish you could come along too Sam.....but we will not disappoint" She almost winked at her and then stopped herself not wanting to give away the small hidden agenda they had between them.

She waited a bit but then she always hated the flight protocols involved with disembarkation. She just wanted to get the show on the road. So she impatiently moved closer to her consoles and placed her hand on T'ealc's shoulder and began to review the mission with him. "Teal'c prepare for departure as soon as the Colonel is safely back on board and we get the all clear. Then Lay in a course for the base. As we approach we'll go stealth, when in range, do our scans to ensure our intel was accurate....that way we'll determine exactly where our LZ will be." She almost rambled on but then stopped herself.

She spun around and noticed everyone just staring at her and felt their tenseness. "I can do this......really." Trying to reassure the crew that she could navigate this ship, trying to ease them a bit she barked, "Everyone else....just go away...." She motioned with her hands as to shoo them cuz it always made her nervous with people watching over her shoulder. She gave Cam a quick nod, "You guys may as well dig in and get comfy.....and saddle up as they say. It will take us a while to get there but once there things are going to move quickly. So while you're waiting check your gear......or something!" She knew Col. Mitchell would take it from here with regard to the rest of the team. Her mission for now was to just get them on the ground covertly and safely in the landing zone at the base. She began twiddling with her hair nervously and wished so much she had a piece of gum on her. "Wait!!....anyone have some gum? I really really need to chew gum right now!"
                    Cameron Mitchell
                    Cameron nodded and reached into one of his compartments on his pants and pulled out a piece of gum. He used it as an excuse to go over to the control station and handed it to her, but instead of just giving it to her when she reached for it, he used a vice like grip on her and dragged her close. "Hey you OK? Any questions for me? Relax I got your back no matter what." He said to her reassuringly, he could tell that she was nervous this being another big mission for her, but he wanted to assure her that he was there no matter what and had her back.

"Right then you're all set. Vala, Cam all of you. Make me proud." Sam went around to each and everyone and hugged them all, even the newbies. She then stepped onto the ring platform which auto rotated and sent her back to the Hammond.

When Sam was at last gone Jennifer decided that if they were going to work as a team, she might as well start. She reached into her backpack and brought out a tube of gum, the bulk pack. She ripped of the plastic seal and offered it to Vala first. "Here you go Vala, go on I've plenty. I guess now all we have to is wait for Sam to give us the go ahead when she's on the bridge."
                    Major Beck
                    Beck was a bit shocked about being hugged by his technical CO on this mission, he was just...shocked...again...at it...he had heard rumors of course of the closeness of this group of people, the familiarity and the friendly attitude of this team and its command structure. But it would still take a while getting used to it, he had to admit, maybe it would take him the rest of his life, but as she moved on he made the final mental preparations.

Comment

{Colonel Samantha Carter} {Captain Jennifer Hailey} {Vala Mal Doran}

Vala felt a little misty eyed and full of emotion as Sam hugged her and made her rounds throughout the team....giving her signature sendoff. When it came to seeing her friends step out into dark uncharted waters the colonel didn't care about military protocol. These people were her friends first and Sam always made that clear. Vala felt that familiar lump in her throat as she watched Sam disappear off the Tel'tak....it was clear now that they were on their own.

Just when she felt the most overwhelmed with emotion a thin yet strong arm pushed toward her a pack of gum. "Here you go Vala, go on I've plenty. I guess now all we have to is wait for Sam to give us the go ahead when she's on the bridge."

Vala looked at the attractive and earnest woman and smiled and reached out to accept her peace offering. "Thank you Jennifer" Vala took a few pieces, immediately popped them into her mouth and began chewing them feverishly. And even though she had her mouth full she always managed to talk quite eloquently ....a skill many felt was quite ingenious yet mysterious. "Yes it will just take the Colonel a few more minutes to give us the all clear.....then I'm afraid it's up to us."

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      <Vala's Tel'tak>
                      Cameron Mitchell
                      Cameron nodded and reached into one of his compartments on his pants and pulled out a piece of gum. He used it as an excuse to go over to the control station and handed it to her, but instead of just giving it to her when she reached for it, he used a vice like grip on her and dragged her close. "Hey you OK? Any questions for me? Relax I got your back no matter what." He said to her reassuringly, he could tell that she was nervous this being another big mission for her, but he wanted to assure her that he was there no matter what and had her back.

Major Beck
                      Beck was a bit shocked about being hugged by his technical CO on this mission, he was just...shocked...again...at it...he had heard rumors of course of the closeness of this group of people, the familiarity and the friendly attitude of this team and its command structure. But it would still take a while getting used to it, he had to admit, maybe it would take him the rest of his life, but as she moved on he made the final mental preparations.
                      <Vala's Tel'tak>
                      Cameron Mitchell {Vala Mal Doran}

Vala seemed to intensify her chewing as if she had some vendetta to settle with that piece of gum specifically. Cameron must have noticed her nervousness and approached her with his own offering. Vala smiled wryly at his gesture, but as she reached out to take his gum, she was quickly pulled toward him. A maneuver Cam only performed with Vala because he knew it always seemed to snap her out of whatever funk she found herself in. "Hey you OK? Any questions for me? Relax I got your back no matter what."

Vala did enjoy the feel of Cameron's strong touch, it immediately soothed her and she allowed a tear to well up in her eyes as she looked straight into his steely bluish gray ones. "Uh yeah... I'm fine Cameron.....and I know.....you always have my back. I couldn't even begin to do this if you weren't here." She nodded smiling warmly at him but then pushed away suddenly she straightened herself, clearing her throat and bellowed with confidence, "Can you and Beck keep the rest of the crew occupied? Busy doing something? It could get nutso in here with these close quarters if everyone's going stir crazy." She urged his help and knew he'd handle the situation expertly ......the Cameron Mitchell way..... and this calmed her greatly.
                      Last edited by squirrely1; 19 November 2010, 03:56 AM.
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

<Vala's Teltak>

{Major Kevin Marks}

Major Marks' disembodied voice came over the comm system, "Teltak, docking clamps will be released once the 302's have returned and are prepared to give escort."
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                          <Vala's Tel'tak>
                          Cameron Mitchell

Major Beck

Vala felt a little misty eyed and full of emotion as Sam hugged her and made her rounds throughout the team....giving her signature sendoff. When it came to seeing her friends step out into dark uncharted waters the colonel didn't care about military protocol. These people were her friends first and Sam always made that clear. Vala felt that familiar lump in her throat as she watched Sam disappear off the Tel'tak....it was clear now that they were on their own.

Just when she felt the most overwhelmed with emotion a thin yet strong arm pushed toward her a pack of gum. "Here you go Vala, go on I've plenty. I guess now all we have to is wait for Sam to give us the go ahead when she's on the bridge."

Vala looked at the attractive and earnest woman and smiled and reached out to accept her peace offering. "Thank you Jennifer" Vala took a few pieces, immediately popped them into her mouth and began chewing them feverishly. And even though she had her mouth full she always managed to talk quite eloquently ....a skill many felt was quite ingenious yet mysterious. "Yes it will just take the Colonel a few more minutes to give us the all clear.....then I'm afraid it's up to us."

<Vala's Tel'tak>

Vala seemed to intensify her chewing as if she had some vendetta to settle with that piece of gum specifically. Cameron must have noticed her nervousness and approached her with his own offering. Vala smiled wryly at his gesture, but as she reached out to take his gum, she was quickly pulled toward him. A maneuver Cam only performed with Vala because he knew it always seemed to snap her out of whatever funk she found herself in. "Hey you OK? Any questions for me? Relax I got your back no matter what."

Vala did enjoy the feel of Cameron's strong touch, it immediately soothed her and she allowed a tear to well up in her eyes as she looked straight into his steely bluish gray ones. "Uh yeah... I'm fine Cameron.....and I know.....you always have my back. I couldn't even begin to do this if you weren't here." She nodded smiling warmly at him but then pushed away suddenly she straightened herself, clearing her throat and bellowed with confidence, "Can you and Beck keep the rest of the crew occupied? Busy doing something? It could get nutso in here with these close quarters if everyone's going stir crazy." She urged his help and knew he'd handle the situation expertly ......the Cameron Mitchell way..... and this calmed her greatly.
                          <Vala's Teltak>

{Major Kevin Marks}

Major Marks' disembodied voice came over the comm system, "Teltak, docking clamps will be released once the 302's have returned and are prepared to give escort."

{Captain Jennifer Hailey}

The Tel'tak had been fitted with extra seats, similar to those used on the 304 control stations, four in total behind the front two. Each position had a monitor and function, and before Jennifer decided to sit directly behind Teal'c she placed her small hand on Vala's shoulder. "We're in this together ma'am and as before with the last mission, we'll be needing each other more than we realise. I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm sorry for being a an ass, but you'll get used to it." She held her hand for a moment longer and then sat, the station she chose, was the main coms and so she answered Major Marks. "Confirm docking release on availability of escort Major." She relayed the message to Vala and swung her seat around to face inwards to Beck and the rest of the two teams. "So ok, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting goose bumps...Colonel Mitchell and Teal'c I know you won't exactly be feeling that, but Major Beck, Markus, Vincent what about you?"

Comment

<Vala's Teltak>

<Vala's Tel'tak>

Cam Mitchell...bounty hunter.
                            Cameron winked and grinned at her sharing a moment between the two of them as he made his way into the back seat compartment. He then barked an order to everyone. "Alright people we do not know what we will be facing down there so lets check our equipment and everything one more time, the last thing we need is an equipment failure to wreck our chances, so I want all equipment checked, andd double checked, and checked again if we have time for it. Got it?" He got a chourus of nods in response. "Good"
                            {Captain Jennifer Hailey}

The Tel'tak had been fitted with extra seats, similar to those used on the 304 control stations, four in total behind the front two. Each position had a monitor and function, and before Jennifer decided to sit directly behind Teal'c she placed her small hand on Vala's shoulder. "We're in this together ma'am and as before with the last mission, we'll be needing each other more than we realise. I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm sorry for being a an ass, but you'll get used to it." She held her hand for a moment longer and then sat, the station she chose, was the main coms and so she answered Major Marks. "Confirm docking release on availability of escort Major." She relayed the message to Vala and swung her seat around to face inwards to Beck and the rest of the two teams. "So ok, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting goose bumps...Colonel Mitchell and Teal'c I know you won't exactly be feeling that, but Major Beck, Markus, Vincent what about you?"
                            Major Beck
                            Beck's head turned over as he wondered what he could do to respond to the question. He wondered if he should be whimsy, confident, or truthful. He did not know the young Officer and had no idea how she would react, though in the end it did give him some small...though irrational he knew...comfort that she was a veteran of a couple of these things and still was nervous. She seemed at best...a contradiction to him.

"Truthfully?" he chuckled ruefully and got a philsophical look on his face. "Its like the butterflies you get when you face down your high school crush, older, more sophisticated, higher grade, then you are when you are trying to ask her to the prom...as calmly as possible. But it is just a mission and even in that situation all you can do is fall back and rely on what experience you do have...which I might add I am a lot more experienced in making things go boom then I was at asking pretty girls out to the prom." He flashed her a confident smile and hoped it would steady some of her nerves.

He then turned to hear Cameron's orders, nodded, and got busy.

Comment

<Vala's Teltak>

Dr. Daniel Jackson

Daniel felt the tension growing between each member of SG1 and the rest crew on broad the ship. "Damn it I wish Jack was here to crack some joke to lighten the mood."

While giving Sam a hug, Daniel said "Sam good luck on the Hammond. Me and Vala will watch over your baby chicks, Mother Hen."

Daniel was glad that Cam was able to find the baby chicks something to do since the pressure was building on Vala for her first leadership position mission. Once Sam ringed out Daniel stood behind the front left seat and pointed to it, "Captain Vala the captain's seat await."
                              -------------
                              "I'll be in my bunk," Jayne Cobb
                              "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

SG1, Resurgence RP Daniel Jackson

Comment

((OOC I will have to try and poke Valorin and Oranos to post. In the meantime, AuntyQ and Foley, oh and me as well, I just got word from on high we should be putting our quotes in spoilers especially if there is a lot of text))

Comment

Working...
                                X