• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Ben Browder

INTERVIEW:
    CROSSING OVER
    GateWorld talks with Ben Browder

Stargate SG-1's newest cast member talks exclusively with GateWorld about joining the long-running show in its ninth year, how he will approach playing his character, and what SG-1 does and does not have in common with Farscape.

READ MORE ...

Originally posted by Ben Browder
    Season Six, obviously, when Jonas was added to the mix, I actually think was really interesting. I liked Season Six quite a lot. I think they did a lot of really cool and interesting things in Season Six.
    That seals it. I love this guy.

Great interview, David. Nice to see someone who isn't afraid to talk back at you about your lines of questioning. And again, he seems like a really fun guy. I also love that he makes it clear that Stargate is NOT Farscape. Now if only some of the fans would figure that out...

Hmm... maybe I'll just add that quote about season six to my sig. Have I mentioned how much I love this guy?

Comment

Yeah, what a great interview. Thanks. It definately sounds like Browder's going to be a nice addition to SG-1... Claudia Black as well.

Comment

Great interview. And, if Shadow approves of the guy (as do I), you know that he's gonna do a great job.
        Rocky

Comment

Ben has my blessing. Those aren't easy to get.

Comment

I'm a save-the-best-for-last kind of guy. First thing I asked him was "How much time can we have with you?"

He replied, "I don't think it's how much time you can have with me, it's more like how much time I can have with you!" which really sealed the deal that it was one of the best decisions TPTB could've made by adding him to the blender.

Comment

Great job David! I already love Ben Browder but apparently I can love him more. And I am very glad that he was clear in pointing out that this is Stargate and NOT Farscape. He seems very conscious of having to make a seperation between the two shows but while still showing his love and repect for what a wonderful show Farscape is.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Apparently I can cross over from loving him to worshipping the ground he walks on.

Seriously, I've always been impressed with Ben in every interview I've read and this was certainly no exception. Nice long meaty interview with a guy who has his head on straight. Farscape = scifi crack. I love it.

I was so excited the day I heard Ben was joining Stargate. Then I started having reservations about how they were going to write his character. How the dynamics were going to work. Well now I'm back to pure excitement again and am unashamedly looking forward to S9!

Thanks David - very nice job.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I'm looking forward to flashbacks to the (lost city
                  Spoiler:
                  )battle over Antarctica, perhaps seeing him in the cockpit, guiding the others, and eventually crashing)

Comment

Being the cynical sort, I can picture the producers running madly around Vancouver, trying to prevent Ben from seeing Season 8. "If he sees this, he'll back out of the deal!" I know that's not why he's having trouble finding eps, but it amuses the heck out of me to picture that. Although technically, they should have tried to prevent him from watching Season 7, too.

Sorry. But I can only resist the snark for so long and that interview has put me in SUCH a good mood... well, good mixed with a large amount of pity for what Ben's about to step in....

Comment

loved the interview... hmmmm leather... okay mods... who was curious bout that?! hehehehehe.. i loved that true a lot of scapers wouldnt mind the leather... this scaper would love it.. anyway great interview
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey, if Carter can wear leather on occasion, so can "MM". And I can hear thunkers around the world going MMmmmmmm.

Comment

I agree with everyone else that it was a great interview. Ben will do a great job with the role - he's talented, and he's a great guy

Comment

Why would he need Season 8 DVD's? They just reran "Endgame" et al...
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved the line bout Farscape being sci-fi's crack

That was a winner LOL!! I love him he's so cool!!! Can't wait for season 9 now!!

Comment

Working...
                              X