This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Ratings

I'm a little concerned about the ratings of Stargate: Universe. The Season 1 (And series) high was 2.4 million (For "Air") and the series 1 low was 1.17 million ("Incursion, Part 1"). In general, the ratings seemed to hover between 1.3 and 1.4 million viewers. Stargate Atlantis seems to have held around 1.6 million viewers on average per ep, just by comparison, so that's respectable, really.

Anyway, since the show came back, ratings have ranged from 1.2 million ("Awakening") all the way down to 960,000 for "Trial and Error" this week. The average is 1.06 million for the season thus far, which represents a pretty massive dropoff, and there's clearly a declining trend overall.

My concern is this: is the show in danger of cancellation?

This performance since the 2nd season started is in the same ratings range as Caprica, and that show ended up dead. This really bothers me, since SGU is a great show. Does anyone know anything about this? Should we be concerned?

Curiously, the massive dropoff in ratings for both shows starts at the same point: when the shows came back from the summer hiatus. They've both been moved to Tuesday nights, which might have something to do with it, but at the same time I'm wondering if Syfy's viewership is down overall. Then again: Warehouse 13 was picking up about 2.3 million viewers/Episode, and Eureka is in the 2.4 range.

Gah! What the heck is going on?

Does anyone know anything?
    Sincerely,

Kevin Long
    (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
    http://www.kevin-long.com

You might want to check this thread and see if you can find your answers there:

Re: Season Two: Ratings Predictions/Discussion

It's in the SGU General thread group.

Regarding the comment about Warehouse 13 and Eureka, you have to remember these series are run in the summer, when there really isn't much on other networks (except reruns) to compete with them, so they are more likely to do better in the summer than if they were run at the same time periods and times of the year that SGU has been running.

Comment

Since this conversation is already happening in another thread, we'll close this one down. Check it out:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ons-Discussion
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
      X