• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Abducted (307)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    THE ABDUCTED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307

On the other side, Olivia plots her escape -- while working the case of a serial kidnapper who steals children in order to harvest their youth, and who has a deeply personal connection to Broyles.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 March 2014, 01:38 PM.

Calling it: Fringe is winning this fall season TV lineup for me. Seriously, not even one mediocre episode from a show that started off a bit rocky and formulaic. But now, the writers are embracing the cases and making them really matter for what matters most - the characters. Brilliant work all around, from acting to writing to camera work.

I'll get to our universe first off - namely the fact that Peter has definitively not known that Altlivia was Ourlivia. That he had to be told by the cleaning lady said something... Beyond the fact that I totally saw him not finding out on his own coming (I suspected Ella would be involved somehow, but since Ourlivia called her on her birthday and Altlivia probably didn't, the writers crossed that option away). We've all had suspicions that he's playing her and stuff, but I like this interpretation, one that Joshua Jackson came up with: Peter feels a connection with Olivia, either one, because he built it up with her. But Peter feels a stronger connection, or a more instinctual one, with Altlivia because they're from the same universe.

So basically, combine the instinctual connection from being from the same universe, add some memory of years of bonding with Ourlivia, throw in some denial and suspended disbelief (On his and the audience's part), and we've got ourselves a recipe for tragedy. Yay! Man I hope he gets ready to kick some ass because of this... But mostly I think he'll become even more jaded or regretful - I mean, he looked so damn content lying there and watching Casablanca. Ouch guy. Ouch.

General other thoughts: Zelenka you evil card. Creepy case overall. Liking Alt!Broyles a lot, and very glad he's on Ourlivia's side. Alternate universe law to treat a child abduction as a fringe event? Walternate you sentimental guy you. I think the writers have been deliberately downplaying Walternate's screentime, but what little we have of him is still great. Good to see Henry again. And finally, Olivia is awesomesauce.

Great episode, great season, great show.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Calling it: Fringe is winning this fall season TV lineup for me. Seriously, not even one mediocre episode from a show that started off a bit rocky and formulaic. But now, the writers are embracing the cases and making them really matter for what matters most - the characters. Brilliant work all around, from acting to writing to camera work.

I'll get to our universe first off - namely the fact that Peter has definitively not known that Altlivia was Ourlivia. That he had to be told by the cleaning lady said something... Beyond the fact that I totally saw him not finding out on his own coming (I suspected Ella would be involved somehow, but since Ourlivia called her on her birthday and Altlivia probably didn't, the writers crossed that option away). We've all had suspicions that he's playing her and stuff, but I like this interpretation, one that Joshua Jackson came up with: Peter feels a connection with Olivia, either one, because he built it up with her. But Peter feels a stronger connection, or a more instinctual one, with Altlivia because they're from the same universe.

So basically, combine the instinctual connection from being from the same universe, add some memory of years of bonding with Ourlivia, throw in some denial and suspended disbelief (On his and the audience's part), and we've got ourselves a recipe for tragedy. Yay! Man I hope he gets ready to kick some ass because of this... But mostly I think he'll become even more jaded or regretful - I mean, he looked so damn content lying there and watching Casablanca. Ouch guy. Ouch.

General other thoughts: Zelenka you evil card. Creepy case overall. Liking Alt!Broyles a lot, and very glad he's on Ourlivia's side. Alternate universe law to treat a child abduction as a fringe event? Walternate you sentimental guy you. I think the writers have been deliberately downplaying Walternate's screentime, but what little we have of him is still great. Good to see Henry again. And finally, Olivia is awesomesauce.

Great episode, great season, great show.
      I couldn't agree with you more. Although...I did hope that Olivia would get back "over here" last night. But at least she got a message to Peter while Altivia was laying there beside him!
      sigpic

Comment

Nice to see Zelenka again, and performing an important role no less. Great episode all around. What a fantastic season!

Spoiler:
        I wonder what keeps pulling Olivia back to red universe? If I'm not mistaken, this is the third time she crosses over to blue universe, but is unable to stay.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
          Nice to see Zelenka again, and performing an important role no less. Great episode all around. What a fantastic season!

Spoiler:
          I wonder what keeps pulling Olivia back to red universe? If I'm not mistaken, this is the third time she crosses over to blue universe, but is unable to stay.
          I think it's the fact the method she's using isn't permanent. She did the same thing in late season one, crossing over for a bit but her body still staying at the Fringe lab. Projecting, I guess. William Bell's method in the season one finale and season two premiere seemed to bind her there only for a short amount of time, but whatever she and the other Cortexikids did in the season two finale was an actual method of straight permanent travel. Guess she needs to tap into her Cortexiphan instead of jumping into a tank with a bloodstream full of drugs.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Fringe kick a** this season. I think it has the perfect mix of episode cases and overall arc development (characters and plot arc). I'm surprises on how fast the overall arc is moving. I thought our Olivia would play altlivia much longer that this while they would do many experiments on her. Now she already knows who she is and Walternate knows it. While altlivia has almost already completed her mission by episode 7!!! Great pacing. Bravo for the writers for taking chance and moving the plot along!!

The episode was very good. Personally, I wouldn't like Fringe so much if it was only about the alternate universe stories. I love the fact that there's a good strong plot every week. It stimulate my mind. Having everything tying up together into a cohesive story is a big plus!! Shows with no good episode plot tend to drag on which each episodes more of the same. They have no replay value imo because the only interest is knowing what will happens. Yes, somehow like soap operas. Only Lost have been able to introduce enough twist and turns every week but I think its only because it lead to nowhere at the end (I mean the ending was ok, but it lead to nowhere) so for example putting "The numbers" on Hurley car speedometer is a nice mystery twist but with no explanation. But this year, the writers are really topping themselves off. Each episodes present a good cases while the plot development and character arcs make it multilayered. Something for everybody and state of mind. Wow.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              Fringe kick a** this season. I think it has the perfect mix of episode cases and overall arc development (characters and plot arc). I'm surprises on how fast the overall arc is moving. I thought our Olivia would play altlivia much longer that this while they would do many experiments on her. Now she already knows who she is and Walternate knows it. While altlivia has almost already completed her mission by episode 7!!! Great pacing. Bravo for the writers for taking chance and moving the plot along!!

The episode was very good. Personally, I wouldn't like Fringe so much if it was only about the alternate universe stories. I love the fact that there's a good strong plot every week. It stimulate my mind. Having everything tying up together into a cohesive story is a big plus!! Shows with no good episode plot tend to drag on which each episodes more of the same. They have no replay value imo because the only interest is knowing what will happens. Yes, somehow like soap operas. Only Lost have been able to introduce enough twist and turns every week but I think its only because it lead to nowhere at the end (I mean the ending was ok, but it lead to nowhere) so for example putting "The numbers" on Hurley car speedometer is a nice mystery twist but with no explanation. But this year, the writers are really topping themselves off. Each episodes present a good cases while the plot development and character arcs make it multilayered. Something for everybody and state of mind. Wow.
              Couldn't agree with ya more!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Couldn't agree with ya more!
                And I couldn't agree with your agreement more!

Comment

Just sad that there will be no Fringey awesomeness this week!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Just sad that there will be no Fringey awesomeness this week!
                    Eeeeeeeeeeeek!! No new episode until 2 December!! Why?? Damn you, USA scheduling!

Comment

Originally posted by Lainier View Post
                      Eeeeeeeeeeeek!! No new episode until 2 December!! Why?? Damn you, USA scheduling!
                      O_o Aren't you guys behind us anyway? And noone will want to watch Fringe on Thanksgiving. Well, I would...but a lot of people have big families and will be spending the holiday with them.
                      sigpic

Comment

One of the best episodes this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                          One of the best episodes this season.
                          All of them have been great IMO. This was no exception.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wanna have this show's babies.

lol, nah, this was just awesome. My head exploded with the ending of this. Me and my friends pretty much went noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

yeah, babies right... I LOVE FRINGE....!!! I love, love, love, love, love, love, love it...
                              season 1 was okay.... season 2 was great.... season 3..... beyond awesomeness! cannoit wait for the dvd set of season 3 (do not own season 2 yet ) I think Im gonna start a season 1 rewatch to night..... I LOVE FRINGE, I believe I said that already? right?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X