Destiny @ 40% capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny @ 40% capacity

Was the statement about Destiny being at 40% capacity related to the storage of energy or the output of the energy that's been stored?

Either way, if the Destiny Expedition was able to restore Destiny to 100%, do you think Destiny would be a pretty formidable ship? As it stands, it still is a force to be reckoned with, and it's functioning at less than half it's intended operation status—the fact that it can fend off three motherships in its condition is beyond remarkable.

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
    Was the statement about Destiny being at 40% capacity related to the storage of energy or the output of the energy that's been stored?

Either way, if the Destiny Expedition was able to restore Destiny to 100%, do you think Destiny would be a pretty formidable ship? As it stands, it still is a force to be reckoned with, and it's functioning at less than half it's intended operation status—the fact that it can fend off three motherships in its condition is beyond remarkable.
    It's related to storage capacity.

At full power and repaired to its original condition, it likely could have held off and beaten all three motherships.
    Spoiler:
    The fifteen from this latest episode, probably not.
    Last edited by morbosfist; 06 November 2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      It's related to storage capacity.

At full power and repaired to its original condition, it likely could have held off and beaten all three motherships. The fifteen from this latest episode, probably not.
      coughspoilertagscough cough

Comment

Still need to get the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
          coughspoilertagscough cough
          nope, its from season 1, i don't see how this is spoilery

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            nope, its from season 1, i don't see how this is spoilery
            I had a spoiler from season 2 in there. He edited out after I tagged it.

Comment

From "Water":

YOUNG: The ship's recharged, the power reserves are full ...

RUSH: That's the point. They're not.

YOUNG: Well, where are we at, then, Rush?

RUSH: Probably about ... less than forty percent of their original design capacity.
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I think it is in relation to the power it can handle. From atlantis, we know the condits can be damaged so they don't get power as 'efficiently' as needed to where it is needed.

Comment

Or the ship knows how much of the energy conduits are damaged so why try to fill it all up if you will be unable to use it all.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Seems like they should be having the repair robot working on those conduits around the clock—assuming it can work on the hull while the ship's in FTL, or it would have to work from the inside.

Destiny's energy supply is everything.

Comment

That is assuming it can fix without having spare parts to put in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        That is assuming it can fix without having spare parts to put in their place.
                        Probably not since they had to cut off the whole FTL segment.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Seems like they should be having the repair robot working on those conduits around the clock—assuming it can work on the hull while the ship's in FTL, or it would have to work from the inside.

Destiny's energy supply is everything.
                          You can't work on the hull while in FTL unless it's properly clamped, which I don't think the repair robots can be clamped, so they'd just be disintegrated when Destiny jumped back into FTL. However, the basic idea of having the robots work on the conduits is brilliant. They just need a way to stay out of FTL for an extended period of time (which is always a bad thing whenever the opportunity occurs).

Comment

If the repair robots can work from the inside then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. IIRC, the problem is properly programming the robot for a specific task. I'm not sure how they managed to program it to repair the FTL module, then again, Destiny's AI may have interfaced with the robot.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                              You can't work on the hull while in FTL unless it's properly clamped, which I don't think the repair robots can be clamped, so they'd just be disintegrated when Destiny jumped back into FTL. However, the basic idea of having the robots work on the conduits is brilliant. They just need a way to stay out of FTL for an extended period of time (which is always a bad thing whenever the opportunity occurs).
                              It was outside the hull when it repaired the FTL drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X