War Machine (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Machine (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Marvel Studios Offering Iron Man Spin-off Pitch for 'War Machine' to Screenwriters?
    Back when the multi-talented actor Terrence Howard claimed the "James Rhodes" role in Marvel Studios' first independently-produced film, Iron Man, there was already speculation that Howard was cast not only to bring star-power to that film, but also to branch it out into a tentative solo-franchise.

Though Howard was replaced with Don Cheadle, who is open to the spin-off idea, finally suiting up as War Machine for the sequel, according to Dustin Rowles of Pajiba’s semi-legendary Hollywood Cog, there has been further discussion over at Marvel Studios, where the spin-off is in the works.

"It may be denied if reported, but don't be surprised if you hear about a War Machine spin-off soon. Pitch is out to writers #thehollywoodcog"
    So basically, Marvel has an idea for a story, and is in search of screenwriter(s) to adapt the idea into a screenplay. If true, like the Black Widow spin-off Marvel affirmed in September, I believe they just want to be able to say they have a script for this or that in the can, just in case the introduction of characters like 'Iron Fist' & 'Doctor Strange' don't work out. And being that Marvel has a lengthy slate of films, including a third Iron Man film set for May 3rd, 2013, which I assume would include Rhodey, don't expect to see War Machine on any solo ventures anytime soon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=24933

Don Cheadle reveals 'War Machine' plans

Don Cheadle has confirmed that work on a spinoff film featuring his Iron Man 2 character War Machine is already underway.

The actor also claimed that a writer for the film has already been hired, but failed to reveal their name.

"They're developing it now, they're working on that," Cheadle said in a recent interview, according to Coming Soon. "I think they've hired a writer, so we'll see how it goes. It would be a lot of fun

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ine-plans.html

Comment

Another pointless spinoff. I really am starting to think that Marvel are spreading themselves a bit thin when it comes to these movies. That said, I would rather see a pointless spinoff that another attempt at a reboot.

sigpic

Comment

While I like the character in the Iron Man movies, I don't think a spin-off film is necessary.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Terrence Howard. That's what you get for being a greedy knob.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Another pointless spinoff. I really am starting to think that Marvel are spreading themselves a bit thin when it comes to these movies. That said, I would rather see a pointless spinoff that another attempt at a reboot.
            I concur. It seems they're throwing out everything they've got lately. If they can make a film out of it, then by god there will be a film about it, regardless of whether it works or not.

There are too many comic-books being turned into films. It's getting a bit stupid now.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
            X