This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why So Bad?

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people disliked Season 6. I thought it was one of the best seasons..fantastic episodes and stories.
    Especially the two-parter with the Prometheus and the replicator planet.
    Over-all it was just a GREAT season. And Jonas Quinn was awesome.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Originally posted by GhostPoet
    For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people disliked Season 6. I thought it was one of the best seasons..fantastic episodes and stories.
    It is perhaps my least favourite season so far (except for the season finale, which I loved). This is just because Daniel Jackson is my favourite character of the SG-1 team. Jonas was good but without Daniel, it just felt empty.

Comment

I liked s6, just not as much as s1-5.

There were a small number of truly brilliant episodes, but a lot of ho hum ones, and more dross than in s1-4. I missed Daniel, I thought it unfortunate that Teal'c's only large role after the opening story was in the ep that CJ wrote, and I felt that Jack spent a lot of time on auto-pilot. Jonas had potential but for the most part that was left unrealised.

Sam was good though, as were guest characters like Davis, Thor, Maybourne, Jacob and Janet. Hammond was good. S6 was good. It's just that other seasons were better.

Madeleine

Comment

Personally..I think it had some of the best action and character stories out of ANY season...the one where Oneil is captured and killed multiple times is one of the best.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

S6 is my second favorite season. I think they had quite a few strong stories and I like what Jonas "brought to the table" as a new character.

So I thought it was a good season
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
            There were a couple of good episodes, but I honestly fell asleep through several as well.

I just thought that the Jonas character was poorly developed by the writers. They had a wonderful opportunity to do something great with him, but he ended up a mash of Teal'c and Daniel.
            Webbgirl
            Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
            My Livejournal

Comment

I really liked Season 6 - the worst episode of stargate is still a good episode I say!

Comment

Personally I liked S6 the least, but with Sg-1, as others have said, that doesn't mean that much. I also agree that the mid-season two-parter, especially the second part was pretty damn amazing. With me, I often judge shows on the directors, and I think S6 was by far the worst directed season of all--very stale.

Phil
                Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

There are a few good shows this season, but over all more bad shows than any other season. Except maybe seven.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I loved season 6! Loads of great episodes.

I'd rate it the third best season after seasons 4 and 3.
                    'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

it all depends on a person's taste.

for me, season 6 was one of my favorites. it only had one eps i thought was silly, and that was sight unseen. i didn't care for abyss, and a lot of that is because i really don't like torture eps. other than that, i throughly enjoyed the other 20 and have watched them several times.

season 1 had a nice mix of good and bad, same with season two. 2 started out good, hit a lull, got better with tok'ra and stayed good.
                      season 3 was pretty much even altough it had a few cringe worthy eps
                      season 4 was the same way and i think 5 is tied with 7 as the most ' bad' eps.

but ask 20 people and you will get 20 different answers. for others, they find s7 to be the best season ever and for me, over half of it is borderline unwatchable and a waste of time.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        but ask 20 people and you will get 20 different answers. for others, they find s7 to be the best season ever and for me, over half of it is borderline unwatchable and a waste of time.
                        I totally agree with you, because what you said about season 5 and 7 shared the same amount of 'bad' episodes or something, i think the opposite, and yah. So yes, i agree with ur comment about people's 'taste'
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I really liked season 6. It's not my all time favorite season but it's up there. I spent the first half of the season just reacting to the fact that Daniel was gone and trying to adjust. I adore Corin Nemic and like the Jonas character but it was still a huge adjustment. By mid-season though I was having a good ol' time and after that I went back and watched the first half of the season with new eyes. I'm glad that Daniel is back but I sure wish they could have kept Jonas on in some capacity or given him more than one guest starring role. But Abyss is one of my favorite episodes and I liked Metamorphosis alot. And Paradise Lost (Jack and Harry, 'nuf said). I actually liked most of the season 6 episodes. One of my only problems with season 6 is that, while it had some of my favorite episodes, it also had some of my least favorites. It's like the episodes were one extreme or another. But as a whole I still love it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            I'm glad that Daniel is back but I sure wish they could have kept Jonas on in some capacity or given him more than one guest starring role.
                            I agree, it would have been more satisfied if he came back more than once.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Season six was great. I like the opener. It all tied in well
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X