Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Theory About What Happened to TJ in "Intervention" (Spoilers for season 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Theory About What Happened to TJ in "Intervention" (Spoilers for season 2)

Well, in "Trial and Error", Young experienced dreams that felt completely real until he woke up. Does this sound familiar?

In "Intervention", TJ experienced a dream where she was back on the "Faith" planet and her baby was with those left behind there, and it felt completely real until she woke up. And since Destiny may have been the one behind Young's dreams, perhaps the ship is the one behind TJ's dreams as well? Unless there is some other force at work, like perhaps the aliens who built the planet in "Faith".

Thoughts?

I had the same thought at the time, I don't think we have enough information though to speculate much further than they might be connected and it could have been Destiny or perhaps even the planet builders.

Comment

if you think about it all dreams feel real until you wake up
      ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
        Well, in "Trial and Error", Young experienced dreams that felt completely real until he woke up. Does this sound familiar?

In "Intervention", TJ experienced a dream where she was back on the "Faith" planet and her baby was with those left behind there, and it felt completely real until she woke up. And since Destiny may have been the one behind Young's dreams, perhaps the ship is the one behind TJ's dreams as well? Unless there is some other force at work, like perhaps the aliens who built the planet in "Faith".

Thoughts?
        Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        I had the same thought at the time, I don't think we have enough information though to speculate much further than they might be connected and it could have been Destiny or perhaps even the planet builders.
        when Faith first aired, I had a notion that the Destiny had a hand in creating the Faith planet specifically tailored to the crew, just when they needed it. There wasn't much but faith to base that theory on at the time and I don't think that's changed much. As Sami says, there just isn't enough information to put that together at the moment. I believe it's entirely possible that the same sort of influence is responsible for both, that it may have more to do with manipulating what people see in their heads than in giving them exactly what they think they have (the Faith planet looks the way it does because people see it that way, in other words). Until more comes out, there's just no way to be sure.

Spoilers ahead!
        Spoiler:
        as an upcoming episode has the Faith people return, maybe this question can be revisited?
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Does anyone think it's possible that the Destiny planted Telford's memories in Scott and Rush's minds during their dreams?

Comment

queue theme from "The Twilight Zone"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
              Does anyone think it's possible that the Destiny planted Telford's memories in Scott and Rush's minds during their dreams?
              Nah. They made it pretty clear that the "false" memories were a side-effect of the stones. I like to think of it as a sort of intergalactic lag of sorts.
              sigpic
              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                Yeah. I think it's not likely Destiny but it is a possibility. No way of knowing.
                I guess Destiny could have stuck the nebula in the dream because it knew there would be such a nebula at the next FTL dropout point. *shrug*

Originally posted by Benr96 View Post
                if you think about it all dreams feel real until you wake up
                I must be doing it wrong.
                On the other hand, it's probably for the best that mine don't. As they say, eventually you always have to wake up.
                Spoiler:
                Why am I quoting Avatar? Erk.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

i think destiny making the dream makes sense. destiny knew that color cloud was coming from the seeder ship
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

So then TJ's baby really did die?

If the theory continues that there's an alien race out there capable of constructing solar systems then it stands to reason that they can transport people (physically or just their consciousness) long distances without much effort or disturbance in space-time.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      when Faith first aired, I had a notion that the Destiny had a hand in creating the Faith planet specifically tailored to the crew, just when they needed it. There wasn't much but faith to base that theory on at the time and I don't think that's changed much. As Sami says, there just isn't enough information to put that together at the moment. I believe it's entirely possible that the same sort of influence is responsible for both, that it may have more to do with manipulating what people see in their heads than in giving them exactly what they think they have (the Faith planet looks the way it does because people see it that way, in other words). Until more comes out, there's just no way to be sure.

Spoilers ahead!
                      Spoiler:
                      as an upcoming episode has the Faith people return, maybe this question can be revisited?
                      Yeah, I had a similar thought about this myself.
                      My thoughts (in regards to the planet/Destiny) is that it is entirely possible for the destiny to do all these things and more. Lets consider that the Destiny when built had some form of AI, maybe not "Atlantis level", but an AI nonetheless. Now, the Destiny has been flying around for who knows how long with the supposed primary mission of "gathering information". If knowledge equals power, and the Destiny has been "on" for millions of years, just how powerful is it?? Take Vger from ST1 as an example, it was "out there" for a few hundred years and look how it came back.

The other thought I had on a related issue is the whole "out here who you are and what you believe is important" line that they have been flogging, and how it relates to the "if a tree falls in the forest, does it make any noise" schtick. If reality is shaped by the perception of the observer rather than the other way around, then everything that happens to the destineers is linked to thier own perception of what they "expect to happen", rather than anything else.

Gah, getting metaphysical, I'll leave it at those basic thoughts.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

A good theory.
                        This would certainly be an explanation for the dream. I never thought TJ hallucinated on her own because of the nebula. But Destiny could have known the nebula and recreated it in the dream to give it credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Yeah, I had a similar thought about this myself.
                          My thoughts (in regards to the planet/Destiny) is that it is entirely possible for the destiny to do all these things and more. Lets consider that the Destiny when built had some form of AI, maybe not "Atlantis level", but an AI nonetheless. Now, the Destiny has been flying around for who knows how long with the supposed primary mission of "gathering information". If knowledge equals power, and the Destiny has been "on" for millions of years, just how powerful is it?? Take Vger from ST1 as an example, it was "out there" for a few hundred years and look how it came back.

The other thought I had on a related issue is the whole "out here who you are and what you believe is important" line that they have been flogging, and how it relates to the "if a tree falls in the forest, does it make any noise" schtick. If reality is shaped by the perception of the observer rather than the other way around, then everything that happens to the destineers is linked to thier own perception of what they "expect to happen", rather than anything else.

Gah, getting metaphysical, I'll leave it at those basic thoughts.
                          getting metaphysical is good and yes, who you are and what you believe is important.

If other people, with other beliefs, went to the Faith planet, would they see something different? I'd bet they would.

As for Destiny, I think it's possible that it does a hell of a lot more than what we're seeing. Currently, the crew of Destiny feels like it's a piece of junk and keeping them from home but then you have all those aliens that want it, and the LA that wants it, and some of the crew is starting to wonder (they'd have to be, wouldn't they?) what the big deal is. At the heart of every myth is the truth and if the crew believes it? I think the Destiny would know and who knows what would happen from there.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                          X