Destiny Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny Size

How big Destiny relative to other spaceship featured in Stargate franchise?

Since the show has never given any measurements and the fact that the ship is too far away to be compared to any ships in SGverse this questions is all but impossible to answer at this point.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I don't know where they got the information, but the Stargate Wiki says it's 746.76 meters, by comparison the same source says that the Aurora-class ships from SGA range from 3,000-3,500 meters.

Note that the measurements for Destiny say "(Off)" next to them on the web page. Destiny seems to be far larger than 746 meters, that's only 1/4 the size of an Aurora-class vessel. Given Destiny's supposed purpose and the fact that the Ancients intended to spend a fair amount of time on board, it seems like it'd be larger than that. But who knows.

Destiny, Stargate Wiki
      Aurora-class ship, Stargate Wiki

Comment

Not sure about the actual size but it's definately bigger than our daedalus class ships.

Comment

as big as I want her to be
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Apparently in the stargate magazine #32 it states destiny is-
            length-2450 feet approx
            width -1700 feet pseudo wing tip/tip

I personally wouldn't put it as that big based on the times we've seen people walking on it's hull but that could just be the VFX people taking creative licience so we can actually see the characters, if it is as big as stated above those people would be mere specks.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Apparently in the stargate magazine #32 it states destiny is-
              length-2450 feet approx
              width -1700 feet pseudo wing tip/tip
              So, its about 3.9 km long and has 3.3 km wide wing.

About the size of a small town or an airport. Quite a size for a spaceship.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                So, its about 3.9 km long and has 3.3 km wide wing.

About the size of a small town or an airport. Quite a size for a spaceship.

Thanks for the info.
                Where did you get that? It's more like .74 km long and .51 km wide...

Comment

Seems small to me. I would put it easily around 1.5 k long, and .5 wide.

Comment

Definitely more than a kilometer long. The clips where they were walking on the outside of the ship in the first series finale show that it's pretty damnn big.

Comment

I've heard people saying that it's bigger then the Atlantis
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Well if the shuttle-to-destiny model is correct
                        Then Destiny should be about 700-800 meters long.
                        From Joseph Mallozzi's blog:
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                        It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                        -Dexter-

Comment

I think that picture is the seeder ship. Because I didn't see the 2nd shuttle bay side by side. Then 700-800 meter is make sense. When Destiny docked on the seeder ship, it show Destiny were at least 3 times longer.

Comment

No, that's Destiny in the picture. The seeder ship doesn't have the aztec-like pyramid on the back, nor the shuttle in the middle. And it has some "ropes" that link it's "nose" with the "wings".
                            It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                            -Dexter-

Comment

It sounds huge.
                              We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
                              —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
                              —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                              X