Mortal or Immortal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortal or Immortal?

So I was just wondering, what with Helen living for so long she's not immortal as such but such a long life must have it's pro's and cons...

What would you prefer to be? Mortal or Immortal?

And also... running with the abnormal theme, if you could be one what would you want your abnormality to be?

I'm still undecided on if I like my mortality or not.... so debate away
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Great idea for a topic.
    I am sure that you woudn't be suprised by my answer If I would be with Helen, I would like to be an abnormal with empathic skills, I would like to effect person's emotions and feelings, I would like to help to get people to better mood and help them to relieve the pain, sadness On the other hand, I would like to use my skill for capturing new abnormals .. or use my skills against someone bad who would like to hurt Sanctuary Team.

I think that Helen is immortal .. because ( I guess ) it has been said, her DNA transformed and she isn't growing old ..
    Am I right?
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Givern the choice, I would prefer to be mortal. I don't think I'm strong enough to face the loss of loved ones that comes with beeing immortal. A few month back I lost a really close friend, I have known him nearly my entire life and it was a really hard time for me. I don't think I could live with the knowlege that I would eventually outlive everyone I love. I'm not that strong a person so I clearly vote for mortal.

The question about an abnormality is a little more difficult to answer. Druitts teleportation would be really cool but I don't want the madness part. In general I think something like Claras invisibility would be something for me. But that is a question I have to think about a little more.
      sigpic

Comment

immortal (Helen's kind) and either invisibility or flying for me or be the master of space and time (stop time, go back in time, go forward in time, teleportation, all in one)
        Last edited by General Jumper One; 04 November 2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

definately mortal... i dont want to outlive everyone i would ever love... plus it would get boring living forever imo...

as for abnormal power id like a self healing power... basically like wolverine, minus the claws...
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Depends on the immortality. If it was like Helen's, then yes, cause I could always... end it if need be. But as for the other kind.. hell no.

As for the power... I'm gonna be boring and go teleportation.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            as for abnormal power id like a self healing power... basically like wolverine, minus the claws...
            Would suck to go the other way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQ2RVqJCNM

Comment

Ok, this may be a dumb question! When I watched the first season episodes of Sanctuary, I got the impression that the Five, with the exception of Nikola Tesla, who is a vampire, were not immortal. They were very long lived and aged very slowly, but did indeed age. Nigel Griffiths had aged slowly but had died when he was over a hundred, and James Watson ultimately had old age catch up with him.

It seemed from the flashback pictures that we were supposed to think that Helen and John had also aged, perhaps ten or fifteen years in a century, but definitely that they were not immortal. Now I'm hearing people saying things that make me think that Helen is supposed to be ageless and immortal. I realize I'm not completely caught up on third season canon, and we may not know for sure, but what do you guys think?

Actually immortal and ageless, or just aging very, very slowly?
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Helen is definitely ageing very slowly, she didn't age even a year for a century... sooo I think we kinda say she's immortal.

Comment

Helen's longevity came from taking that serum they all took; it's what gave her her long life. She's not immortal.

Comment

Never seen sanctuary but duh! ageing slowly doesn't make you immortal
                    sigpic

Comment

If the question is asked, I say that Helen is aging very, very, very slowly. She's not 'immortal', because she can die. But as long as she stays out of the way of bullets, I believe she's fine.
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        If the question is asked, I say that Helen is aging very, very, very slowly. She's not 'immortal', because she can die. But as long as she stays out of the way of bullets, I believe she's fine.
                        I think it's pretty clear that she (and John) can be killed. After all, she does effectively kill him in Haunted.

I guess my impression was based on what she said to Will in the submarine episode -- that eventually she would age and die, just that it might take her 400 years rather than 80. Does that jibe with your impression? I realize we may never have actually had it spelled out.
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                          I think it's pretty clear that she (and John) can be killed. After all, she does effectively kill him in Haunted.

I guess my impression was based on what she said to Will in the submarine episode -- that eventually she would age and die, just that it might take her 400 years rather than 80. Does that jibe with your impression? I realize we may never have actually had it spelled out.
                          I think you're right, they can be killed but the wont die of natural causes for a LONG time
                          ...and John's longevity (I think) is from being injected with Helen's blood after having undergone the source blood experiment.
                          sigpic

Comment

Her Gift is Longevity, she's not immortal

Spoiler:
                            She died in Requiem.... but will brought her back to life.. i think that one proves that point lol
                            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post

Okay we figured that Helen (and John) can in fact die and they are not immortal but are aging veryyyy slowly. BUT my question is.. What about Nikola? Isn't he doing the same thing as Helen & John??
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X