How the Nox Would counter the Ori Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the Nox Would counter the Ori Threat

We unfortunately never saw the Nox PO the Ori by by using their own advanced abilities against the Priors, Doci, and even Adria if they were sent against them. The Priors have detected cloaked individuals before. Curious what you guys think bout how the Nox would (peacefully if at all possible) would counter the Ori trying to coerce them to accept Origin or wipe them out simply b/c they know they're too smart to accept it.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

they would just make them vanish and teleport some where

Comment

i think they wouldn't "counter" it. i think their homeworld would simply vanish as the ori appear. additionally, villages protected will just... dissappear. and the prior is placed somewhere on some remote planet

Comment

They could attempt to ascend. They look pretty close to it.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

throw leafs at them
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i wondered this too. my guess is the priers either wouldn't be able to see them since there cities are invisible or they would use their technology to trick the prior. i also can see if nessarry they would all ascend.
            sigpic

Comment

they would hide their asses
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

The Ori probably wouldn't bother. They aren't stupid and won't waste efforts on a race that is so advanced. They'd focus on converting the rest of the galaxy first to gain more power.
                sigpic

Comment

The Nox are very complicated.

If you remember the episode when Lya came to get the Tollan here on earth. She removed the weapons from the guards in the gate room.

Now those guards were holding their weapons. If she had cloaked them the guards would have still felt the weapons in their hands, which they acted as if they didn't. This can be explained a few different ways.

1. She simply transported the guns out of the guards hands through the star gate.

2. The weapons were taken out of phase. Which seems unlikely since they didn't reappear when she left. Then she still transported the weapons through the star gate. Which seems like alot of effort.

3. The weapons were disintegrated.

4. The weapons were taken out of phase and never brought back.

I would bet the Nox have the ability to move out of phase but also they can transport items and people while out of phase. If you think about it, there is no greater defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnipotent Being View Post
                    The Nox are very complicated.

If you remember the episode when Lya came to get the Tollan here on earth. She removed the weapons from the guards in the gate room.

Now those guards were holding their weapons. If she had cloaked them the guards would have still felt the weapons in their hands, which they acted as if they didn't. This can be explained a few different ways.

1. She simply transported the guns out of the guards hands through the star gate.

2. The weapons were taken out of phase. Which seems unlikely since they didn't reappear when she left. Then she still transported the weapons through the star gate. Which seems like alot of effort.

3. The weapons were disintegrated.

4. The weapons were taken out of phase and never brought back.

I would bet the Nox have the ability to move out of phase but also they can transport items and people while out of phase. If you think about it, there is no greater defense.
                    Lya transported the weapons. You could hear the sound that is made when an object passes through the gate.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

hide in a tree
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

spread a botanically synthesized virus among their followers
                        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I don't think they would have been able to counter it, I'm sure they would run and hide for awhile but eventually the Ori would have the Nox at their mercy, the Nox would refuse to worship the Ori, refuse to fight and they would die.

Comment

Working...
                          X