Caught in a war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught in a war?

Didn't know where exactly to post this, so decided better safe than sorry and post it in the S2 sub-forum. After reading this little tibit from BW's recant interview HUGE SPOILERS for '' Resurgence'' below:

Spoiler:

"That takes us to the big part one of our midseason two-parter called 'Resurgence,' where we find something off the path, and now that we have control of the Destiny for the first time we explore something that we soon find out we shouldn't have. And we end up basically caught in a war that has been going on between two races," he said.

So..... thoughts? Speculations/ideas? PLEASE use spoiler tags.

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
    Didn't know where exactly to post this, so decided better safe than sorry and post it in the S2 sub-forum. After reading this little tibit from BW's recant interview HUGE SPOILERS for '' Resurgence'' below:

Spoiler:

"That takes us to the big part one of our midseason two-parter called 'Resurgence,' where we find something off the path, and now that we have control of the Destiny for the first time we explore something that we soon find out we shouldn't have. And we end up basically caught in a war that has been going on between two races," he said.

So..... thoughts? Speculations/ideas? PLEASE use spoiler tags.
    Resurgence Pre-Airing thread
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Resurgence Pre-Airing thread
      Ah, didn't see that! Haven't visited the thread in a while

Comment

See just hearing about some type of War somewhere between somepeople, I'm glad i stayed away from that Interview......
        sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

cylon war?
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Oh God please let there be a planetary war....i want to see alien warfare, tanks and fighters takeing it out on an cool landscape.

Comment

It's in my sig
              sigpic

Comment

It definitely looks like they're wandering into "booger" (for lack of a better name...) controlled space. They lost Telford on that ship, they ran into a ship with their pods on it, maybe those ships were just exploration ships on the outer rim of their galaxy that went off the beaten path and lost their way, and the Destiny is running deeper and deeper into their territory.

But, could it really be "smurfs" (again, for lack of a better name...) vs. "boogers"? It would have to be an intergalactic war for that, and I doubt that it is. If the "smurfs" could travel intergalactic space, they would have retrieved Chloe by now, but the Destiny left them behind a long time ago.

Comment

Actualy they can, they followed Destiny pretty far out of the galaxy in the Sabotage episode....the thing is: they dont have anymore tracking devices on the ship, and without them its like trying to find a needle in, the infinity of space?

Comment

The boogers are definitely one of the races in the fight as we saw one of their very large destroyed ships HOWEVER the blues I think are HIGHLY unlikely to be the other race.... simply because they are not ahead of Destiny from what we know they are just following it from place to place. I think I read somewhere that there is going to be a new big bad introduced. Which is nice

Comment

only if earth's 304's were there haha they are no match against our ships, i have yet to see a ship in SGU that could rival our own lol

Comment

There's no way the smurfs are involved ( or will be involved ever again ), at least there shouldn't be if TPTB don't ignore the established facts.

In sabotage Destiny was stranded near the edge of the first galaxy, in intergalagtic terms they were really still on that galaxy's doorstep. The smurfs found a way to pinpoint destiny's location and it still took them 3 weeks to get that far. Making the jump from galaxy to galaxy would be possible for them but it would take them a year or so.

Comment

Maybe they have the location cause of something Chloe has done.

Comment

In sabotage Destiny was stranded near the edge of the first galaxy, in intergalagtic terms they were really still on that galaxy's doorstep. The smurfs found a way to pinpoint destiny's location and it still took them 3 weeks to get that far. Making the jump from galaxy to galaxy would be possible for them but it would take them a year or so.
                            based upon that time, i'd assume they have colonised nearby galaxies as well

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                              There's no way the smurfs are involved ( or will be involved ever again ), at least there shouldn't be if TPTB don't ignore the established facts.

Maybe they had other ships already there?

Comment

Working...
                              X