All knowing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All knowing??

Do you guys think that the ascended beings know about the mission of the Destiny? Do they really know everything? I don't think so, I think is still not everything, but allot and they tell themselves they are allknowing, but still they are flawed.

they aren't all-knowing , remember daniel , he knew only what Oma taught him
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Ascension does not make you all knowing also with the no-interference policy they wouldn't care about Destiny or those on board either.

Comment

they're not all knowing, in fact they're not even omnipresent so although it's likely most of them remember/learned about destiny they would have to travel to its vincinity in order to affect or even but to observe it
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I wouldn't say they're all knowing, just that they know more than we do. Heck, even they forgot about Destiny
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Do they know about Destiny - yeah, their civilization built it. Just because they completely lost interest in it doesn't mean they forgot their history.

Do they know that the Tau'ri and the LA are on board ? Yes, why not. They knew about the Wraith coming to Atlantis along with details - the efforts of the expedition to obtain more ZPMs (The Ascended Times).

Do they care ? Probably not, although everyone in the Celestial Diner was clearly interested - busy reading their paper (featuring events from both planes of existence).

Will they do anything about it ? Doubtful. Their rules say that they should not get involved with the affairs of lower beings; however being this far from the MW (where most physically reside) it's unlikely that if one of them would get involved he would be stopped by the others. Is it possible - yes, but unlikely.

Are they all-knowing ? It's debatable. Lets just say that if they wanted to find something out they'd succeed.
            Last edited by Mike.; 01 November 2010, 09:16 AM.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

The fact that the Ancients never came to Destiny suggets that they "forgot" about it, or that it was never public knowledge. Perhaps it was a top secret project of some sort.
              Ascended beings are not omnipotent. If they did not know about Destiny before their ascension, I doubt they would be able to find a single ship flying around on the other side of the universe.
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

thy could just copy the atlantis database into their minds and find out about destiny , then just appear near the destination
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

Comment

I think the Ancients know about what's going on, even if all the Ascended don't. I am not sure why people brought up the Ascended not being all knowing or even omnipresent, this doesn't matter. We've seen several times how the Ancients always keep an eye out on things that interest them.

Oma did it with Daniel when we was killed by Replicarter. Mainly this has been keeping an eye on other Ascended beings (Oma, Merlin, Morgan, Daniel, Anubis, the chick John tried to hook up with, Orlin) but they still watched Atlantis, they still hid the existence of Milky Way humans, and I think that watching Destiny would be just as important. I wouldn't be surprised if Rush's "ghosts" turned out to be Ancients.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                    thy could just copy the atlantis database into their minds and find out about destiny , then just appear near the destination
                    But the Atlantis database contained no information about Destiny itself. It was just the 9-chevron address. Also, we have seen Ascended Ancients use the Stargate. That would imply that they cannot teleport themselves at will, at least not on greater distances.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                      But the Atlantis database contained no information about Destiny itself. It was just the 9-chevron address. Also, we have seen Ascended Ancients use the Stargate. That would imply that they cannot teleport themselves at will, at least not on greater distances.
                      the others might be able to teleport as a group , also we have seen ancients appearing , how about when oma stooped Daniel from killing Anubis on Abydos
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                        the others might be able to teleport as a group , also we have seen ancients appearing , how about when oma stooped Daniel from killing Anubis on Abydos
                        Sure, it might be possible, but there is no real evidence for that conclusion. Also, the fact that Oma was the one helping Daniel ascend suggests that she kept a close eye on him, especially because he was still in the process of learning the rules of the Ascended. I don't see why she has to teleport halfway across the universe to stop him.
                        But I admit, they must posess an ability to travel relatively fast, otherwise they could not get to other planets without using the Stargate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ascension doesn't make you all knowing, we're known that for a long time.

Comment

we dont know where ascention leads in order of power and knowledge
                            and im pretty sure that they delete any info about destiny just like atlantis probably because they are unique and too important for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                              but the most lol part is that they do know because that pic clearly states that they found the edge of universe lol

Comment

Working...
                              X