PDA

View Full Version : Save Caprica Apple Campaigns Begin

themeatcleaver
October 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/caprica-apples/

jelgate
October 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
It seems like no matter how bad a show does fan campaigns always surface. This one will lead to nothing

Madness reigns
October 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM
LOL :D What do you reckon the shipping would be on a bag of apples from the UK?? :D :D

thekillman
October 30th, 2010, 01:51 PM
in five years, no writer in vancouver or canada for that matter will ever eat fruit. i mean, SGA had lemons, caprica has apples. SGU has the kiwi.

Pharaoh Atem
October 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/caprica-apples/

:lol:

I can safely say caprica is done

DigiFluid
October 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Just don't see this going anywhere; these 'save x show' campaigns never work out. I wish them all the best, as I'd love to see another season (or even a miniseries) to close out the show properly, but I'm not going to invest my time in something I don't think will succeed.

syfygyrl
October 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I hope things workout but I honestly don't think it will go anywhere. :( And this makes me unhappy. :(

Wayston
October 31st, 2010, 02:12 AM
my advice would be... be realistic, conserve and pool your resources for the save the SGU kiwi campaign...

latvian_stargatefan
October 31st, 2010, 03:19 AM
Just don't see this going anywhere; these 'save x show' campaigns never work out.

Firefly guys got a theatrical movie, I myself participated in "Save Jericho" and, though, we didn't get much success, we still got like shortened 2nd season (though it ended with a cliffhanger again :( )

It's hard to get anything out of them now, given the fact that the "Serenity" movie was a failure financially and Jericho didn't attract much new viewers and the numbers were still low. So I doubt TPTB now would give in and make more episodes for a show that averages 800 000 viewers... But it's possible.

Though, I'd never again would be involved in such a campaign. Well, maybe only if they said that Stargate as a franchise was done or they'd want to cancel last intelligent not-light entertainment show on tv...

EvilSpaceAlien
October 31st, 2010, 04:36 AM
Prediction: this will achieve nothing. Our best bet for getting more Caprica is if we get a continuation in book/comic form. Then there's always Blood & Chrome.

Philstuf
October 31st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Just don't see this going anywhere; these 'save x show' campaigns never work out. I wish them all the best, as I'd love to see another season (or even a miniseries) to close out the show properly, but I'm not going to invest my time in something I don't think will succeed.

I would like to respectfully disagree with you, citing the recent case of Jericho and the "Nuts for Jericho" campaign of mid-2007.

Still, though, you are probably right with this, as "SyFy" is not a OTA Network like CBS is (although "SyFy" is owned by NBC). CBS would likely be more inclined to bow to pressure. Tasty, snacky pressure, but pressure none the less.

-Phil

jelgate
October 31st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I would like to respectfully disagree with you, citing the recent case of Jericho and the "Nuts for Jericho" campaign of mid-2007.

Still, though, you are probably right with this, as "SyFy" is not a OTA Network like CBS is (although "SyFy" is owned by NBC). CBS would likely be more inclined to bow to pressure. Tasty, snacky pressure, but pressure none the less.

-Phil
1 show out practically every show that starts a save campaign after its cancelled. It looks statsically insignificant.

DigiFluid
October 31st, 2010, 12:34 PM

-Phil

1 show out practically every show that starts a save campaign after its cancelled. It looks statsically insignificant.
Jelgate's more or less nailed what I was speaking to. How many shows since about 1969 or so have had fan-organized 'save our show' campaigns? Tons and tons and tons. And when Jericho is pretty much the only example of success (I don't count Firefly because it got a film instead of more episodes), it looks pretty insignificant.

pipi
November 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM
Any chance they can continue the series with direct to DVD? That might be more financially viable. A lot of films have done it. Including the American Pie series. Different genre but it is targeted at a ninche market, aka fans.

DigiFluid
November 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't count on it. When not even the successful parent series is doing direct-to-DVD anymore, it seems pretty unlikely that the failed spin-off will be getting any.

jsonitsac
November 2nd, 2010, 04:01 AM

One of them worked back in the 1960s for a little show called Star Trek.

jelgate
November 2nd, 2010, 04:29 AM
One of them worked back in the 1960s for a little show called Star Trek.

People can use as many examples as they want. The fact the examples are small while the save show campaigns are quite numerous shows the ineffectiveness of the campaigns

jdog
November 3rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
First of all they must have done this on purpose I see no reason why anyone would expect a show to survive a mid season hiatus.

But that being said why can't they just do a mini series, maybe even a couple of them, i assume the dvd sales alone would finance it.

or even direct to dvd.

jelgate
November 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
First of all they must have done this on purpose I see no reason why anyone would expect a show to survive a mid season hiatus.

But that being said why can't they just do a mini series, maybe even a couple of them, i assume the dvd sales alone would finance it.

or even direct to dvd.

Stargate and almost every show on SyFy has done it.

Kenton-Atlantis
November 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
It seems like no matter how bad a show does fan campaigns always surface. This one will lead to nothing

since i have been on here your the first person with negative feedback everytime !!! i think its great to try everyone to save the show !!!!

Kenton-Atlantis
November 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
the truth it it has worked before on other shows ... i agree it wont for Caprica the show is done. But why not go out with a bang ! i hope the people who do actually watched the show. I was enjoying Caprica a lot its sad thats its gone

jelgate
November 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
since i have been on here your the first person with negative feedback everytime !!! i think its great to try everyone to save the show !!!!

Its called being realastic about whats going on;)

Kenton-Atlantis
November 3rd, 2010, 05:07 PM
There being realistic and just being Negative ! its obvious the show looks doomed but what if all these people who rally to save the show actually did then what would you say that it was waste of time ?????? i think the thread was supposed to be for people willing to try and save the show no anyone who wants to rain on the parade !! just my opinion

icsteffi
November 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Saving it or not, I think its fun to show support. :) But what did I miss........ why is SGU=kiwi. ? Did they pick up a kiwi-like fruit on some planet? I don't remember this reference :)

Rocksy
November 3rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
i was hooked until they started the religion vs religion story
they blew it, so adios caprica!

DigiFluid
November 3rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Saving it or not, I think its fun to show support. :) But what did I miss........ why is SGU=kiwi. ? Did they pick up a kiwi-like fruit on some planet? I don't remember this reference :)
Yes, it was a fruit they found on the Faith planet, that Greer promptly snacked on (much to TJ's chagrin) :)

SaberBlade
November 3rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Whether you want to save Caprica or not, I think it's still worth sending in the bag of apples just to annoy, confuse and perhaps just prove a point to the guys (and gals) at Syfy.

Kenton-Atlantis
November 4th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah i agree its worth the effort !!!!!

Wayston
November 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
saving the show campaigns are very therapeutic I bet

Spimman
November 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'd be happy with a Miniseries that connects the dots between Caprica and BSG, but they would need to call it a BSG miniseries for ratings purposes!

Kenton-Atlantis
November 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
{removed}
{Mod Snip} LETS TRY AND SAVE CAPRICA CAUSE WE CAN AND ITS WORTH THE EFFORT

DigiFluid
November 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Well, I've just done my part. After really enjoying Blowback, it finally hit me how disappointed I was with the show's impending end. I probably can't mail a crate of apples across the border, Customs regulations and all, but I've just taken the time to fire off an email to Syfy's programming department voicing my displeasure not only with the cancellation but with Syfy's treatment of Caprica since day 1.

I know full well that it's almost certainly a futile gesture, particularly since I'm not an American and not counted toward anything in Syfy's books. But nothing was ever accomplished by silence either :)

Kenton-Atlantis
November 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Well, I've just done my part. After really enjoying Blowback, it finally hit me how disappointed I was with the show's impending end. I probably can't mail a crate of apples across the border, Customs regulations and all, but I've just taken the time to fire off an email to Syfy's programming department voicing my displeasure not only with the cancellation but with Syfy's treatment of Caprica since day 1.

I know full well that it's almost certainly a futile gesture, particularly since I'm not an American and not counted toward anything in Syfy's books. But nothing was ever accomplished by silence either :)

Well said ... As a fellow canadian i here ya there ! And i agree since day 1 it never got any respect i found ! Can you send me the site so i to can send a message ! Nothing ever got accomplished by sittin around saying it aint worth it !!!!!

DigiFluid
November 8th, 2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.syfy.com/feedback/index.php?_source=Syfy_Global_Footer

If you have suggestions or comments for our Programming Department about Syfy or any of its shows, please contact:
[email protected]

:)

Skydiver
November 9th, 2010, 03:28 AM
You know what guys, I don't care if this campaign is a waste of anyone's time. It's their time to waste.

And if you think it's a waste of time....well go and find somewhere else to spend yours and leave them alone.

You are not the forum time police, so just go and amuse yourselves elsewhere and let them be.

Jago
November 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I think it's great to see fans trying to rally support-- but personally I would be REALLY surprised if it was brought back. I am not saying that I don't want it to be, but personally I dont think it will be unless there is a total uproar about it.

daniel9
November 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
wowwww so syfy isnt giving the fans any respect or the shows. yeaaaaaaa, i'm never gonna watch syfy again.

the only way they'd bring it back is if there is a bigger response than what happened w/ the finale of bsg season 1..

jelgate
November 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
wowwww so syfy isnt giving the fans any respect or the shows. yeaaaaaaa, i'm never gonna watch syfy again.

the only way they'd bring it back is if there is a bigger response than what happened w/ the finale of bsg season 1..

What gave you that opinion? Because they cancelled a show?

daniel9
November 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
the entire ignoring the fans not giving them respect or caprica or true scifi tv shows instead of what they air

jelgate
November 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
the entire ignoring the fans not giving them respect or caprica or true scifi tv shows instead of what they air

Respecting is one thing but its foolish to have them pursue a project that is losing money. I just don't see this one being SyFy's fault. The numbers were bad.

daniel9
November 24th, 2010, 09:09 PM
they dont respect them. and bad numbers compared to what? the other shows on syfy?lol im sure youd find they have bad numbers too. they arent canning them tho. what about the numbers btwn the shows that are on now and the numbers from when the chan was loaded with actual scifi shows?

jelgate
November 24th, 2010, 10:30 PM
they dont respect them. and bad numbers compared to what? the other shows on syfy?lol im sure youd find they have bad numbers too. they arent canning them tho. what about the numbers btwn the shows that are on now and the numbers from when the chan was loaded with actual scifi shows?
The other shows aren't averaging below a million viewers. I understand fan being angry but lets be realastic. A TV show is a business. When your expenses outweigh your profit it makes little sense to continue

daniel9
November 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
syfy chan is realistic??? how exactly is that so? there is no scifi on it. and you didnt answer about the ratings from when scifi shows filled up the schedule compared to now. that shows how much they care about profit. so your argument doesn't work with how they are going about things or maybe they are being paid off to have those shows on there no matter how the ratings are?

jelgate
November 25th, 2010, 02:08 PM
syfy chan is realistic??? how exactly is that so? there is no scifi on it. and you didnt answer about the ratings from when scifi shows filled up the schedule compared to now. that shows how much they care about profit. so your argument doesn't work with how they are going about things or maybe they are being paid off to have those shows on there no matter how the ratings are?

Thier is definitly science fiction on there. Just because you don't like does not mean its not science fiction. It doesn't work that way on the second part. SyFy and their advertisers aren't going to pay for a show if they aren't getting money back. To do so would bankrupt them.

Python
November 28th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I wish them the best. I wasn't a fan of the show up until recently. These past few episodes that have been airing in Canada are amazing. Brilliant.

Flibby
December 1st, 2010, 12:39 AM
I would like to see a special feature that elaborates on the events at the end of the last episode.
It could serve as a Caprica epilogue/Blood & Chrome prologue.

They did a good job of cramming all that stuff in real quick at the end there, but it was all way to quick and they completely skipped over certain important elements.

I'm kind of glad they didn't bother with a second season; going through another whole season just to unfold the events that were left would have been quite boring. I do wish they had gotten another episode or two to tie it off instead of doing it all in 5 minutes.
It would be pretty cool if they made that special feature and had it air just before the series premiere of blood and chrome.

missmobius
December 5th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I'm very sad that Caprica is over. I really liked it a lot :(

Pharaoh Atem
December 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I'm very sad that Caprica is over. I really liked it a lot :(

if the second season are anything like the last ep i would love for this show to keep going