PDA

View Full Version : Replicators

Benr96
October 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM
The replicators wanted to follow in the footsteps of the ancients , so why didn't they do anything slightly like destiny?

SaberBlade
October 29th, 2010, 04:23 PM
They wouldn't need to do it, because the Ancients already had. The Replicators had also based themselves on the Ancients as they were at the time, which meant they had no need for anything like Destiny when they already had all the Ancient knowledge.

Benr96
October 30th, 2010, 12:40 AM
They wouldn't need to do it, because the Ancients already had. The Replicators had also based themselves on the Ancients as they were at the time, which meant they had no need for anything like Destiny when they already had all the Ancient knowledge.
good point

garhkal
October 30th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Plus maybe the atlantean ancients had forgot about the destiny project when they made the asurans/reps.

Benr96
October 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Plus maybe the atlantean ancients had forgot about the destiny project when they made the asurans/reps.

didnt they say something like they found the address in the atlantis database , the replicators wud of had all the info from it.

garhkal
October 31st, 2010, 03:26 AM
Do we know if the Asuran's copied it when they had controlled atlantis..?

Benr96
October 31st, 2010, 07:11 AM
Do we know if the Asuran's copied it when they had controlled atlantis..?

well they didnt have any memory limit really so theres no reason for them not to have it

rushy
November 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Here's a better question:Will the Replicators return for SGU? They seem to be recurring:Replicstors in SG1, SGA and the movies?

webxro
November 1st, 2010, 08:06 AM
there is no logical/plausible way for them to return , and it would be lame

Benr96
November 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM
i hope they dont , and they probably wont cause they werent around wen destiny was launched so the only way wud be for the to find out about destiny and try and find another icarus planet but its unlikely since every galaxy we know they were destroyed in

kernl sandrs
November 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM
The replicators wanted to follow in the footsteps of the ancients , so why didn't they do anything slightly like destiny?

The Asurans wanted to ascend. A few of them wanted to go to work on it in the present, but others like Oberoth felt there was still much to be done before they should. Destiny has nothing (as far as we know) to do with ascension.

Besides, where ever Destiny is heading, it's obviously very far away, and it's been traveling for millions of years, so for the Asurans to launch a similar ship, even ten thousand years ago, would be completely pointless.

No they did not.

well they didnt have any memory limit really so theres no reason for them not to have it
Where are you getting that from? It's been a while since I've seen any Asuran-related SGA episodes, when was it stated that their memory was limitless?

Here's a better question:Will the Replicators return for SGU? They seem to be recurring:Replicstors in SG1, SGA and the movies?
No they will not.

i hope they dont , and they probably wont cause they werent around wen destiny was launched so the only way wud be for the to find out about destiny and try and find another icarus planet but its unlikely since every galaxy we know they were destroyed in

*shudder* I hope English isn't your first language. Whether it is or isn't here (http://www.wikihow.com/Become-Really-Good-at-Articulating-Your-Thoughts) is an article I believe should help you. It's for public speaking, but it's a start.

Benr96
November 1st, 2010, 11:58 AM
Where are you getting that from? It's been a while since I've seen any Asuran-related SGA episodes, when was it stated that their memory was limitless?

what i ment was , they can spread there memory over all the replicators and they replicate so the memory limit is constantly growing and there are thousands of them which can probably hold alot each , so they probably could fit all atlantis's info in

Benr96
November 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
*shudder* I hope English isn't your first language. Whether it is or isn't here is an article I believe should help you. It's for public speaking, but it's a start.

i just re read what i wrote and i see what you mean . I'll re read my post before sending it next time

wise one
November 1st, 2010, 01:18 PM
i thought this thread would be about using replicators to fix the ship such as filling up the holes and fixing solar collectors and what not haha nevermind

to be honest the wouldnt really of gotton the chance to do a distiny type project since once they grew to a huge amout the ancients wiped them and once they rebuilt themselves they were still programmed to attack the wraith so that was the 1st on the to do list, then the wraith reprogrammed them to stay on the planet after attacking so they were sort of limited in their own planet never harming the wraith.

Benr96
November 2nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
i thought this thread would be about using replicators to fix the ship such as filling up the holes and fixing solar collectors and what not haha nevermind

to be honest the wouldnt really of gotton the chance to do a distiny type project since once they grew to a huge amout the ancients wiped them and once they rebuilt themselves they were still programmed to attack the wraith so that was the 1st on the to do list, then the wraith reprogrammed them to stay on the planet after attacking so they were sort of limited in their own planet never harming the wraith.

oh yeah i forgot about their programming

Aesop
November 3rd, 2010, 02:30 AM
Isn't it likely that Destiny predates the invention of Nanites?

wise one
November 3rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Isn't it likely that Destiny predates the invention of Nanites?

i dont think nanites were invented when destiny was launched i think it was invented by the ancients in the wraith war or possibly before the wraith but just wasnt being put to practical use

Aesop
November 3rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
i dont think nanites were invented when destiny was launched i think it was invented by the ancients in the wraith war or possibly before the wraith but just wasnt being put to practical use

That's what I was thinking. I thought they created the Replicators that became the Asurans but I wasn't sure if the Asurans came before the Milky Way Replicators or not. Either way, I'd bet on Destiny being launched far earlier than the Ancients creation of Nanites and Replicators.

Benr96
November 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM
the replicators in the milkyway weren't made by the ancients, they were made by that robot girl right?

wolverine_nl
November 4th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Replicators = NO

The assurans had one purpose...destroy the Wraith. They hate the Ancients, and if they would know the Ancients and everything they build were destroyed, they live in peace and do nothing.

nathan MCD
November 4th, 2013, 11:08 AM
so 3 years late would like to note, the dating of the "original replicators of the milky way" created by android reese is never made clear, they could have been created before the plague possibly by the ancients themselves, if, and emphasis on the inconclusive if,this was the case they could be very early versions of the asuran tech, (they evolved to that form eventually). they also notably have an amazing tendency to augment technology to super levels, which in the right situation could be useful, such as getting a hatak to fly between galaxies in a very short time. if replicator tech was used either to augment destiny or a rescue craft it could drastically reduce the return time for the crew, might still be too long but still.

also if the replicators by some miracle showed up in SGU, which looks like a more tasty buffet, a ship that is possibly 50 millions years max out of date or some fancy little high tech ships like the nakai (blues) or the drones ships? they always go for more advanced and destiny is kind of antiquated.

garhkal
November 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Antiquated it may be, it still is ancient tech.

Tamanier
November 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
ok just saying destiny was built the same time as the gates