Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll- What does everyone think of the new S3 theme music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll- What does everyone think of the new S3 theme music?

Personally, I really like the new theme song, it's new, fun, fresh and I think it brings a new life to the theme. And I've always thought they did it because it's their first full season, so I think they wanted to start the show with some new life to it, starting with the theme music. Anyway, what do you all think?

Love it?

Like it?

I miss the old theme, and liked that better.
    Love it?
    22.64%
    Like it?
    18.87%
    I miss the old theme, and like that better.
    58.49%
    Last edited by Rocky89; 27 October 2010, 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Personally, I really like the new theme song, it's new, fun, fresh and I think it brings a new life to the theme. And I've always thought they did it because it's their first full season, so I think they wanted to start the show with some new life to it, starting with the theme music. Anyway, what do you all think?

Love it?

Like it?

I miss the old theme, and like that better.
    i voted 'I miss the old theme, and like that better'.

but i DO like the new theme, it just feels like it doesn't fit with the series or something. i don't know.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

i liked the old theme better and im not fond of the new one yet but i reckon i will grow to like it over time.
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I didn't like it to begin with but then I saw episode 2 and it didn't seemed to grow on me a little. I went with the 3rd option
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I miss the old theme!
          sigpic

Comment

i think part of my prob with the new theme, is that it sounds very 'indian, hindu', and while there's nothing wrong with that, the series isn't about ppl of that region.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I miss the old theme... the webisode theme. Otherwise...don't much care.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I really don't like it. Abhor it to be exact.. It has an Indian (like from Kali) feel to it and not a Sanctuary one like from S1 to S2
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I miss the old theme. I want it back lol
                  I'm guessing they did it cos the old team wasnt from the composer they use now.
                  I understand that, but you should never change a theme song. Not everyone can pull a Monk.
                  But what I really dont like is that it doesnt fit the credits and speeding up the image doesnt help. If you're going to change, change everything.

Comment

I Love the new theme song. Like Rocky said ... it's new, fun and fresh
                    Of course I kinda miss the old one but this is new season, something new have started ... so ? Like I said I love the new one
                    The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                    sigpic

Comment

I miss the old theme too. But I LIKE THE NEW ONE!
                      We have a completely new season, new journey. So that´s why I like the new one.
                      But I agre with kes, the music doesn´t fit the pictures and credits ..
                      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

i miss the old one... it fit the show and it was unobtrustive...

the new one doesnt fit the series, its jarring... plus to me a theme is part of the recognition of the show, it should remain the same for the length of the series... or at the very least similar...

from tapping tuesday:

Q#3) @ Pat OBrien: Was there any reason for the change in the theme music for season three? ...or were you just trying to change things up?

A#3) Our Canadian composer Andrew Lockington wrote it. He is writing all the music for the show and we thought it should be his theme music.
                        Last edited by katjoy; 28 October 2010, 02:43 AM.
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I like it. it's fun and mysterious without being kinda dark and spooky
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked the old one better. It was rather mysterious. The new one is kind of jarring; the few times I've heard it so far, it's been startling, and sort of annoying.

Comment

I prefer the old music. Whilst I quite like the new music, I think it doesn't fit in with the feel of the credits.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X