Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Young permanently damaged his relationship w/Scott by his actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Young permanently damaged his relationship w/Scott by his actions?

Has Young permanently damaged his relationship with Scott by so coldly and cavalierly placing them both in quarantine?

The last interchange between Young and Scott and Chloe was particularly telling. Young appeared clearly upset and angry that Chloe’s blood had been used to save Scott. Instead of being relieved he was cold and formal when he notified them that they would both be placed in indefinite quarantine. Young was incredibly short sighted to treat Scott in this fashion. It was not his fault Chloe’s blood was used to save him considering the alternative was death. Scott appeared very surprised, hurt and betrayed that his commander whom he held in such a high regard was going to so cavalierly lock them both up. I suspect Young’s foolish action will be a very strident wake up call to Scott and will permanently damage his relationship with him and I think it will set the stage down the road for Scott’s support of a command change as Young continues to deteriorate.

I think Scott felt confused because he didnt know that Chloe's blood was still infected. I think once Chloe tells him, he will not be mad at Young and instead mad at Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
      I think Scott felt confused because he didnt know that Chloe's blood was still infected. I think once Chloe tells him, he will not be mad at Young and instead mad at Chloe
      You may be right at his confusion but given he would have died had she not risked her life to intercede; he would be very foolish to be upset.

Comment

I think Young made a mistake, not in placing them in isolation (that's probably for the best, at least temporarily), but for being such a dick about it. Dude needs some people skills.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Young has every right to be mad here, considering Chloe evidently knew about her infection and didn't say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            Young has every right to be mad here, considering Chloe evidently knew about her infection and didn't say anything.
            He had every right to be mad at Chloe; Scott was out cold when the decision to transfuse her blood was made, he can't be held responsible in any way. Young could have said "I'm sorry" to Scott.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              He had every right to be mad at Chloe; Scott was out cold when the decision to transfuse her blood was made, he can't be held responsible in any way. Young could have said "I'm sorry" to Scott.
              He could, but really it'd just be sort of hollow. Scott's infected, too, and part of Young's anger can easily be attributed to the fact that he now has two compromised people on his ship.

Comment

And I understand his being upset, but part of being a good commander and a grown-up is not being mad at people for things that are outside of their control.

I think he is starting to come unraveled. It is going to be a long season for him.
                sigpic

Comment

Doubt it, Scott would understand, they could be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                    And I understand his being upset, but part of being a good commander and a grown-up is not being mad at people for things that are outside of their control.

I think he is starting to come unraveled. It is going to be a long season for him.
                    Starting!!??

Just kidding, but I do think he was just mad at Chloe and not so much at Scott. Scott should be more mad at Chloe than at Young. We'll see it how it plays out though

Comment

He could, but really it'd just be sort of hollow. Scott's infected, too, and part of Young's anger can easily be attributed to the fact that he now has two compromised people on his ship.
                      You would prefer one compromised person and one dead second in command?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                        You would prefer one compromised person and one dead second in command?
                        That's not the point and you know it. Regardless of the circumstances, he's just traded a dead officer for a compromised one.

Comment

Scott is a military office and completely understands putting the safety of the ship and crew ahead of him own, he will not be upset.

Young made a wise decision. Chloe, and potentially Scott, are now infected with some kind of alien organism that is changing their DNA to heal, take over during black-outs and potentially do even more dangerous things. He is the Commander of Destiny and a military officer, did you expect him to tell Scott about it over a cup of hot chocolate? He acted upon the information he had to protect the crew. When making these kinds of decisions you can't let your emotions interfere with what needs to be done, everyone knows he doesn't want to lose Scott!

Good call Everett!
                          sigpic

Comment

That's not the point and you know it. Regardless of the circumstances, he's just traded a dead officer for a compromised one.
                            Of course it is the point. What other possible point could there be? Young now has an alive Scott that may or may not be compromised. We don't know what was done to Chloe and if the change can be passed on to anyone else.

You can't assume automatically that what she has is communicable. It is possible what conferred immunity were antibody like cells that once present in Scott's blood conferred temporary immunity. Once these cells die Scott would loose his immunity. If the changes to Chloe are on a genetic level and not caused by a still present virus then it may not be transferable. The fact that Chloe and Scott have been exchanging bodily fluids for some time tend to suggest that the cause of her changes is not communicable.

Besides, if the aliens had intended that she pass on what is happening to her why didn't they engineer a highly contagious virus and everyone on Destiny would already have it. It is possible that she was altered on a genetic level and the change is not communicable; it may not be intentional on their part; possibly an unexpected side effect.

I would think Destiny would have microscope like equipment present somewhere on the ship. The scientists need to find them to make a proper determination. Remember the ship was designed for colonists, these types of equipment would be essential to have on board.
                            Last edited by Blackhole; 27 October 2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

i think that initially he is, untill chloe tells him the truth. actualy no he isn't upset. i think he'll be confused primarily

Comment

Working...
                              X