This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENDGAME - Does it make any sense?

The first time that I saw the SG-1 Episode 'Endgame', reairing tonight, I thought that it did not make any sense. Here's why. In the episode, some rogue NID or 'Trust' guys steal the stargate from the SGC and use it on board their Goa'uld ship which is near the Earth.

Why would these rogue guys steal the stargate from the SGC? The theft of the stargate tips everybody off that these rogue guys are doing something. They could have taken their ship to another planet that has a stargate, beamed that one on board their ship. Then, the SGC would never have known that the NID/Trust guys were doing anything. Simply does not make sense. Anybody agree with me?

divineshadow

May his shadow fall on you.

You bring up a good point. My theory is that they don't like how the SGC does things, so its like killing 2 birds with one stone.

This isnt the first Plot/plan hole. In fallen, they could have just ringed a bomb onto anubis' ship once they gained controll of the ring activator.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
    DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Spoiler:
      You'll find out why stealing an alien gate is a bad idea in "Full Alert."

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=divineshadow]Why would these rogue guys steal the stargate from the SGC? The theft of the stargate tips everybody off that these rogue guys are doing something. They could have taken their ship to another planet that has a stargate, beamed that one on board their ship. Then, the SGC would never have known that the NID/Trust guys were doing anything. Simply does not make sense. Anybody agree with me?
        /QUOTE]

My list of possible justifications:

1) Hubris. They were in a clocked ship that they thought was undetectable. This is the same reason so many of the goa'uld make poor decisions.

2) To spite the SGC. The SGC foiled so many of their plans that it seemed fitting that at the same time they did something that the SGC had failed to do - eliminate the goa'uld threat - they destroyed the SGC.

3) Leverage. Not only would they be heros for eliminating the goa'uld threat they would also control the only really convient means of interstellar travel.

4) Tatics. Consider the tatics of the trust. Poison gas delivered by missiles through an anonymous and one-way wormhole. Would they risk themselves in the least traveling to another system when they could procur a gate so close at hand.

5) Distrust of the SGC. Suppose the SGC discovered that a poison gas attack was underway. Might they warn the Jaffa, or even the goa'uld. There was no predicting what the SGC might have done had they access to a stargate. The trust removed that concern.

Comment

Please continue in our official "Endgame" thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3060
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
          X