PDA

View Full Version : VOTE! How would you rate 'Resurgence?'

GateWorld
October 25th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Vote on this week's mid-season finale of SGU!

dtape
November 30th, 2010, 07:01 PM
one of the best episodes of SGU yet, 10 out of 10

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
7 still no progress on chole's story

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Definitely a great episode on all counts. I don't give scores like this unless the episode truly deserves it.

10/10 - Acting
10/10 - Plot/Storyline
10/10 - Special Effects
10/10 - Character Development
10/10 - Flow
50/50 Overall

General Jumper One
November 30th, 2010, 07:07 PM
10! Best of the series! and an update on Chloe

Greenfire32
November 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM
The Series best episode so far!

ns2
November 30th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Best episode of the season so far

kweerone
November 30th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I give it a 9.5...

Stargater276
November 30th, 2010, 07:35 PM
8, that's what I've rated the last three episodes as well. I only thought Trial and Error and Aftermath have deserved 9s so far.

WindowsME
November 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
10. Great episode.

morbosfist
November 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
How long until we get a 1? Taking all bets!

yamiinsane
November 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
It was a good ep, I'll give it that. I just felt that it wasn't as good as Malice because my attention span just couldn't stay tuned to the ep at all. But with Malice I couldn't get my attention away from the TV. I don't know if it was the space battles or Telford coming back that made me lose interest. But I just felt that this ep could've done better.

On another note: I actually can't wait to see how they finish this up. It had better be interesting.....

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 07:47 PM

6 trillion years. I bet one day of not taking my house into FTL ;).

VampyreWraith
November 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I gave it a 9; mostly for not enough of a development on the Chloe front for me.I know I'm very generous in the way I rate things lol. I think the lowest I would have rated any episode this season is an 8 for Pathogen.

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM

1-14 hours from now

Nikec3
November 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I gave it 8. "The Greater Good" and "Malice" were better.

Replicator Todd
November 30th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I give it a 9, it was almost pure "classic" Stargate. Which to me, it is a very good thing.

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 09:25 PM
1-14 hours from now

Clock's ticking... if you win, I won't take my house into FTL for an entire day starting the second you win (if you win).

k1037
November 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I give it a 9, it was almost pure "classic" Stargate. Which to me, it is a very good thing.

Yeah, lots of humor, everyone getting along, multiple kinds of aliens and battles, progression in storyline, exploration, and so on. Everything SGU fans like as well as most of the things the haters have said SGU lacks.

But it will still receive several 1's and other very low scores, with the usual lack of explanation. Haters gonna hate.

Cold Fuzz
December 1st, 2010, 12:37 AM
I give it a ten. Trial and Error, Greater Good, and Malice all received high marks from me because they greatly advanced character and all had incredible plot moments. For Resurgence however, it was virtually all plot and action. There's nothing wrong with having everybody work together for a change and tackle a common enemy. But who is the true enemy? The Blues the Ursini, or the Drones? It's a good bet that in the end none of them are trustworthy.

pipi
December 1st, 2010, 01:07 AM
10. Only my second 10 since the start of polling.

Benr96
December 1st, 2010, 01:28 AM
best episode yet 10/10 , i see hope for season 3

blazingfire
December 1st, 2010, 02:13 AM
Pretty good, with lot's of pew pew, and tension.
But the sets are still waaay too dark.
It helps to see what actually is going on, you know.

Blackhole
December 1st, 2010, 02:58 AM
A good episode but why did they attack before the FTL drive was repaired? Doing so rendered Destiny far too vulnerable to mishap and betrayal. It was incredibly foolish.

We will have to wait till next episode to find out if Chloe is a threat or not. I think whatever action she took will be for the benefit of the ship.

Wayston
December 1st, 2010, 03:03 AM
I rated it a 6. I didn't like the shuttle trip being so uninteresting. The rest was good, but not great. I feel like instead of watching the boring shuttle trip and then it turns out to be a pointless trip they should have discovered some interesting information about e.g. the aliens behind this command ship. At the moment I don't particularly care about the whole command ship business, because the writers didn't make me care.

The Destiny
December 1st, 2010, 03:11 AM
Well, there's only so much than you can fit in. The attack on the command vessel was pressed into the last 3 or 4 minutes. We might see more Ursini ( homeworld, groundbattle? Please please please ) to make us care about destroying it.

I don't usually give them but for me this one desrved a 10. I love battlefield debris shots ( both spacebattle and regular battle debris ), throw in a good amount of humour, lots of spacebattle action, eyecandy, a couple of emotional scenes, wrapping up a few stories and seeing Eli's grief coming up... This is everything SGU lacked in a single ep.

Wayston
December 1st, 2010, 03:22 AM
Well, there's only so much than you can fit in.

yes, but this is precisely why I'm so bothered by the shuttle scenes.

The Destiny
December 1st, 2010, 03:33 AM

Fair enough.

Although during all the shuttle scenes I was really interested because the camera lingered on the darkness a bit after the characters passed, as if you'd cliché see a shadowy movement or glowing eyes opening in the dark at any second.

My only wish would've been for some corpses :p I dig that macarbe stuff.

In the great scheme of things the shuttlescenes were required to make Destiny stay there longer and giving the drones time to disable the engines instead of immediately jumping to FTL. Also the engines had to be disabled for the cliffhanger at the end. Destiny can't escape.

Lahela
December 1st, 2010, 03:57 AM
A great big honking 10. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Absolutely excellent use of music, stunning visuals, great character moments, amazing surprises, laughs, gasps and shocks, mystery, intrigue and a cliff-hanger to die for. Perfect. Simply perfect.

Did I mention how much I love this show?

garhkal
December 1st, 2010, 04:56 AM
10/10 - Acting
9/10 - Plot/Storyline
10/10 - Special Effects
10/10 - Character Development
10/10 - Flow
49/50 Overall..

Other than a little lacking with more info on how Telford got back (did he use ancient on the terminals to communicate after using the pods, or something else).. i see little lacking here.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 05:11 AM

Well, in any other SG situation, that's what they would have done. They would have taken the shuttle to go and explore the damaged vessels and find out what happened. It may not have been in the perfect manner that it was portrayed (I think they did a good job of it, though, and I really like the new shuttle), but they had to explore the wreckage.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 05:13 AM
Also the engines had to be disabled for the cliffhanger at the end. Destiny can't escape.

That would be bad wouldn't it: the next episode they are already in FTL and explain that they destroyed the control ship and don't mention it any further :S

icsteffi
December 1st, 2010, 06:14 AM
I love that so far over 50% of people mark it as a 10!!! Lets keep that number up! :)

Briangate78
December 1st, 2010, 06:55 AM
I would give it a 8.5/10, but there is no option, but because of the return of Telford will give it a 9/10. Excellent episode, but not the best of the season.

jelgate
December 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
I gave it a 9. It was great but not perfect

Dii-Reno
December 1st, 2010, 07:22 AM
¤º`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°Rated 9°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤

There was too much. It was about 3 episodes in one. That falls under flow problem. I would have given it a 6.5-7 if they would have cheaped on the presentation of everything. The scenes were all just so pretty.

Episode one - explore junkyard
Episode two - seedship rescue and stardive escape
Episode three - betrayal, attack new enemy

Spimman
December 1st, 2010, 07:39 AM
I gave it an 8

I felt like we made too many tactical mistakes to give it a 9 or 10
-Young sending them into a battlefield less than a day old
-Not waiting for the computer simulations to complete
-Letting Chloe escape so easily
-Trusting the aliens so quickly

General Jumper One
December 1st, 2010, 08:07 AM
I gave it an 8

I felt like we made too many tactical mistakes to give it a 9 or 10
-Young sending them into a battlefield less than a day old
-Not waiting for the computer simulations to complete
-Letting Chloe escape so easily
-Trusting the aliens so quickly

I was under the impression that the battlefield was very old, not a day

carmencatalina
December 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
I gave it a 9. My only problem with it was that I didn't think the "flow" of the episode worked as well as it might have.

Just as an example, Telford's exposition about his time with the Ursini broke up the pace of the episode.

Still, it was a very good episode. I loved Rush's weird talk with Eli - I know he was trying to help, and goodness knows if anyone on the ship knows exactly what Eli is feeling, it is probably Rush, but he really lacks social graces, doesn't he? Still, there is something about honesty and telling it like it is that is really helpful in hard times.

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 08:47 AM
I gave a generous 8. Very good episode. The first half was a bit slow, but then it got actions and development for Chloe. Telford coming back and interaction with aliens (well alien ships) with their own motives. I gave, or could give, episodes like pathogen sabotage, 3 or 4. This episode is up there with Awakening as favorites of the season.

LoneStar1836
December 1st, 2010, 09:32 AM
7 is the best I can do and that's being somewhat generous. I've enjoyed a number of eps this first half more than this one.

I'm with others that the flow of this ep was problematic. Biggest problem was that the stuff with the shuttle was wasted screen time. They could have still had that in the story since it was a plot device, but while they are doing nothing over there, do something else on screen on Destiny...or have made that more interesting. Happy to see Telford back.

Sp!der
December 1st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Well, its official. For me Malice & Cloverdale (yes I loved it) is the best episode of the first ten seasons of season two. Resurgenece I give 8/10

YoshiKart64
December 1st, 2010, 09:57 AM
I gave it an 8 but it probably have given it a 7. Not as good as the Trial and Error through Visitation episodes.

There didn't really feel like there was any meat to the episode. The space battle was cool, but we never saw any aliens - why do I care about this battle? The whole shuttle thing took ages considering it didn't build to anything. Plus Telfords return was rushed - nobody cared that he wasn't dead? Not even Young? Also the Ursini NEEDED to be shown this episode so we actually cared about their characters, it kind of crippled the whole story. Plus did anyone else find a bunch of drones swarming destiny to just be a little dull?

So yeh not the biggest fan of this episode, although the scene where the two ships dived into the sun was awesome.

Dii-Reno
December 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Plus Telfords return was rushed - nobody cared that he wasn't dead? Not even Young? Also the Ursini NEEDED to be shown this episode so we actually cared about their characters, it kind of crippled the whole story. Plus did anyone else find a bunch of drones swarming destiny to just be a little dull?

They had a scene were Telford came on board, and Young was hugging him and asking questions and the such. The Ursini were shown in the Telford flashbacks.

The drones were a complete left field plot device. The writers might as well have thrown in the replicators, because that is pretty much what they described. They started with the smurfs, then the browns, and now they're to the berzerkers? wtf.

Replicator Todd
December 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I was under the impression that the battlefield was very old, not a day

Indeed, that is what I thought as well.

rushy
December 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM
Awesome space battle! I've added it into my favourites.
Air, Part 3
Time
Justice
Space
Divided
Faith
Human
Lost
Incursion
Trial and Error
Malice
Visitation
Resurgence
This series is going better.
Malice

Vanek26
December 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM
10. I was so excited the entire time!

spaceship
December 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
6 because we never saw the ursini.

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 03:40 PM
We saw them in Telford flashbacks, but yeah we could have seen them more. Telford adventure with the Ursini should have been an entire episode A plot imo (with some more plot development).

General Jumper One
December 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM

the Ursini where the brown aliens

Lainier
December 1st, 2010, 04:41 PM
8. Great episode, but there are better ones.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM
1-14 hours from now

You lost the bet :P *drops his house into FTL*

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM
8. Great episode, but there are better ones.

Which ones did you think were better?

nx01a
December 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
I had a feeling I hadn't had in a long time when the seed ship appeared and they flew into the sun: I was awed and truly excited. For the next few minutes, I was really pumped. I miss feeling like that while watching TV. :(

the fifth man
December 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
A very solid 9. This episode pleased me in almost every way.

blueray
December 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
i'm going to give it a 10! i think it was really good, and definitely left me wanting more (was it 3 months :( ). i love how they are finally showing some action stuff. and that you don't know who to trust, or anyone at all.

somethings i loved was:

rush's talk to eli
the scientists lines

jelgate
December 1st, 2010, 08:39 PM
i'm going to give it a 10! i think it was really good, and definitely left me wanting more (was it 3 months :( ). i love how they are finally showing some action stuff. and that you don't know who to trust, or anyone at all.

somethings i loved was:

rush's talk to eli
the scientists lines
4 months

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM

somethings i loved was:

rush's talk to eli
the scientists lines

Rush's talk with eli was definitely one of the best one-on-one conversational scenes of the series. It was written and acted exceptionally well, and it was just overall a great scene. That, and the chat between Eli and Wray was also exceptionally written and acted.

hart37
December 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
Acting was great, action was brilliant, audio was perfect as was the lighting. The only is that we'll have to wait for the next ep. Personally for me this felt like a stargate episode of old mixed with the best of BSG. Really glad I gave SGU some time. 10/10

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM
Acting was great, action was brilliant, audio was perfect as was the lighting. The only is that we'll have to wait for the next ep. Personally for me this felt like a stargate episode of old mixed with the best of BSG. Really glad I gave SGU some time. 10/10

But waiting is the best part :). It makes watching the show worthwhile. I saw SG-1 only on Hulu, so it was a bit different. When I started watching, S1 + S2 were already up. I spent a couple weeks watching them all in a row, and then before I was done with S2, S3 was posted. After, I would knock back the entire season in one weekend, but I would feel miserable when I finished each season. And, after S5, I didn't watch S6 until 2 or 3 weeks after it was posted because I was mad about Daniel I don't get all these references to BSG, because I have never seen it :S.

hart37
December 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM
But waiting is the best part :). It makes watching the show worthwhile. I saw SG-1 only on Hulu, so it was a bit different. When I started watching, S1 + S2 were already up. I spent a couple weeks watching them all in a row, and then before I was done with S2, S3 was posted. After, I would knock back the entire season in one weekend, but I would feel miserable when I finished each season. And, after S5, I didn't watch S6 until 2 or 3 weeks after it was posted because I was mad about Daniel I don't get all these references to BSG, because I have never seen it :S.
Gives me time to get through Farscape in any case :jack:

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 09:29 PM
Gives me time to get through Farscape in any case :jack:

Well, there you go :). I'll be rewatching Resurgence a few dozen times :P. It's just so darn exciting!

hart37
December 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM
Well, there you go :). I'll be rewatching Resurgence a few dozen times :P. It's just so darn exciting!

Definitely one of, if not the, best episodes of the show so far

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
Definitely one of, if not the, best episodes of the show so far

200% agreed. I think it is the best episode of the show so far, and I really have a difficult time picking favorites, especially TV episodes, and especially Stargate episodes. This episode was a dead on favorite of mine for this series.

hart37
December 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM
200% agreed. I think it is the best episode of the show so far, and I really have a difficult time picking favorites, especially TV episodes, and especially Stargate episodes. This episode was a dead on favorite of mine for this series.

It's one of my favourite stargate episodes of any of the franchise. It was so dark and the speeches to Eli were awesome.

UniverseSizePlotHole
December 2nd, 2010, 05:11 AM
I'll own up I voted 6 (rewatch would probably up it to 7 or 8, maybe I should have waited to vote *ducks*). I'm not here to bury it though. It was good but you can read what I think in other threads. As a cliffhanger what currently is at risk is not something that hasn't been put out there before - the survival of ship and crew.

myhelix
December 2nd, 2010, 07:25 AM
I give it a strong 9.

10 goes for my favourite episode of this Season "The Greater Good" and "Malice".

kitkat3ny
December 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM

sgc
December 2nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
It's one of my favourite stargate episodes of any of the franchise. It was so dark and the speeches to Eli were awesome.

Hm.. interesting how you'd use speeches. I'd use the word lectures, maybe, except with Rush. They were all conversations, but with Wray and Young it seemed like they were lecturing him, or at least that's how Eli reacted, which is what I might expect from him to do.

Buck32
December 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
A solid 5 for me, not good, not bad, unoriginal and highly derivitive.

zsozso
December 3rd, 2010, 06:10 AM
Great episode, solid 10. Finally an action packed, true SciFi episode, loved it!

I still don't get why people associate the viewer numbers with the current episode. It is clear the rating dropped due to the previous weak episode. Unfortunately, we will not see the effect of this good episode on the ratings because of the long break coming up.

I hate the long break :(
Especially with a cliff-hanger like this one!

g.o.d
December 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
5, it was bad, but as bad Cloverdale or Pathogen

Krisz
December 3rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
How many times do people go into space ship debris fields?!!! Nothing good ever comes of it, it's a well known fact that it's a debris field for a good reason, and an even better reason to not hang around in it, especially when it's ascertained that it's been there for a long time! :P

Good character moments, I too wish less time was spent on the slow shuttle mission. The Brody and Greer double act was the best bit about that though! I was entertained and blinked when the end titles turned up suddenly, I did get absorbed by this episode.

I have to say that I do like the fact that we don't get to see or learn much about the aliens, it keeps the mystery going. I'm loving the idea that there seems to be a whole galaxy of aliens out there who seem to know about the Destiny and want its secrets and perhaps that's what all these conflicts amongst them are all about.

For the Destiny gliding through the star, which never gets old for me, and a good cliff hanger, I give this episode a 9. :)

SGU is really taking off for me, lots of things to wonder about now.

xxxevilgrinxxx
December 4th, 2010, 10:05 AM
How many times do people go into space ship debris fields?!!! Nothing good ever comes of it, it's a well known fact that it's a debris field for a good reason, and an even better reason to not hang around in it, especially when it's ascertained that it's been there for a long time! :P

Good character moments, I too wish less time was spent on the slow shuttle mission. The Brody and Greer double act was the best bit about that though! I was entertained and blinked when the end titles turned up suddenly, I did get absorbed by this episode.

I have to say that I do like the fact that we don't get to see or learn much about the aliens, it keeps the mystery going. I'm loving the idea that there seems to be a whole galaxy of aliens out there who seem to know about the Destiny and want its secrets and perhaps that's what all these conflicts amongst them are all about.

For the Destiny gliding through the star, which never gets old for me, and a good cliff hanger, I give this episode a 9. :)

SGU is really taking off for me, lots of things to wonder about now.

That is so true. Just as there are lists of how to survive in horror and zombie movies, one of the items on a list for surviving in a sci-fi show would be "Stay out of the battleship graveyard".

Gave this ep an 8. I likely would have given it a 9 (and I might after a rewatch) but this, like the finale ep of the first season, has a terribly unfinished feel to it. I get that that's the point. Again, like the finale ep of season 1, it's supposed to be like watching part of a movie and we get the rest when they come back for the 2.5 season, but it makes me crazy nonetheless. I was annoyed with my clock when I looked up, startled, at the ending credits and realized it was actually over. I would have swore :)

Keeper - Custode
December 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
If only all the episodes would be like this... the entire season would be deserving of 9-10/10!
I give a quite convinced 9,5/10. The problem of the half season/half screen play it's quite normal IMO.

Starrtom
December 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I gave it a 10. Man how good is this Show?

Answer "REAL GOOD"

major davis
December 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Not a 2 or a 1 yet... WOW. lol

Energizer_Vs_ZPM
December 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
For me this episode truly was a 10.

A new enemy, a pretty cool dog fight, lots of space weapons on destiny being shown off and we get to see those ultra cool monitors drop down out of the ceiling when destiny decides it's still up for picking a fight regardless of its current repair state.

IMO this was one of the best episodes. Just the destiny reacting and deciding it WILL fight the drones while subtly informing the crew regardless of the consequence thrilled me to bits. No idea why lol but it really was very cool.

The music was also very fitting and again we get to see destiny dive into a star but we got a bonus of seeing the seed ship do the same thing too. No cheap CGI either, this was (as usual in SGU) the finest CGI you could get.

The only slight thing I didn't like was the seed ship dropping out of FTL. Where were the stars in the background? - It was as if it was between galaxies.