PDA

View Full Version : VOTE! How would you rate 'Malice?'

GateWorld
October 25th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Vote on this week's episode of SGU!

Ghost22
November 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Best one since time.

If every episode was half as good as this one, I wouldn't be rooting for cancellation.

Rudy Pena
November 16th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I voted 10, cause it was a great episode. :)

Vanek26
November 16th, 2010, 07:11 PM

Only thing better would have been more Varro.

Darkness And Light
November 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Best one since time.

If every episode was half as good as this one, I wouldn't be rooting for cancellation.

Why would you root for cancellation? Out of pure spite?

Anyway, a fantastic episode all around. I rated it a 9. Really, we've had some solid eps lately. I hope they keep it up.

jelgate
November 16th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I said last week Greater Good got 9 because it wasn't perfect well Malice was awesome but still not perfect so another 9.

the fifth man
November 16th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I would definitely give this episode a solid 9. Another very strong episode IMO.

Replicator Todd
November 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Well I would give it a 9, but the death of Gin makes me give it a 8! But nevertheless a excellent episode.

Nikec3
November 16th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I give it 9. Maybe I hoped it will be better.

Pharaoh Atem
November 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM

Kanten
November 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
We don't need the comraderie of a team who every week will have a new and exciting adventure

Yes, because it's not like we have 15 seasons of "random planet of the week" we can rewatch at any time.

Cold Fuzz
November 16th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Also a 10 here. The episode felt like a high-tech, high-energy revenge western when they got into the desert planet. Absolutely loved it.

PG15
November 16th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Oh man, I knew I should've given The Greater Good a 9 instead of a 10! Now how am I going to show that Malice was even better?!

Oh well, another 10 then. Damn that was good. Not surprised it was a Rob Cooper tour de force.

Selene1212
November 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I gave it an 8, I liked last weeks ep much better.

Vapor
November 16th, 2010, 10:39 PM

Rooting for cancelation would seem to be very obviously counterproductive, seeing as how the show being canceled would effectively eliminate the chance for them to produce more episodes like this one later. You're essentially saying "this episode was great, but I don't want them to be able to make more that are this good again." I will never understand this mindset.

Oreol
November 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM
A very good episode, but not as good as Trial and Error, Awakening and The Greater Good. IMHO, Robert Knepper's talent was wasted on an underused character with almost absent story arc. If I could vote, I'd give the episode 7 out of ten.

Still, it's a consistently solid season so far. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us regarding Ginn's return. Hope it's not flashbacks, dreams or something like that.

Joben
November 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
This would have to be my favorite episode, beating out the time-travel episode from Season 1.

It's bittersweet though because I'll tune in next week and it won't be as good :3

BRiDGELiFE
November 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
This Episode is right up there with how SGU should be, everything after Cloverdale (imho == stinker) has been totally AWESOME!! And guess what, I'm seeing the next Episode as being in line with all of these, I wont talk about it, but if you saw the trailer; these are the episodes we need. Keep Spreading the Word SGU has gotten significantly better (Not saying I didn't like the other episodes [minus Cloverdale]) and people who discontinued watching should really RETHINK that decision!!

Nadji
November 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Last week a 9, this week 9.4 rounded down to 9, excellent work Mr. Cooper.

lars
November 16th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I eighted it. Was one excellent episode, yes, but there has to be room for improvement.

You guys still bickering about SGU not being SGA/SG1? I certainly hope for some SG1A-ish episodes, but I'm glad they won't make up for the entire series. Stargate mostly was earth-humans traveling through galaxies and saving poor, under-developed english speaking medieval people, which I did actually enjoy a lot. But with SGU I'm hoping for some really new and odd aliens, not just another history lesson.

SGUnity
November 17th, 2010, 01:44 AM
For me, the perfect episode doesn't exist. But this one is very close. 9.

mi_guard
November 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM
a 10 for me - just loved it :)

ZGoten
November 17th, 2010, 05:38 AM
<Snipped reply to OT post >

Great episode, I gave it a nine.
I liked Trial and Error the best so far, but the latest three episodes have all been very good.

Girlbot
November 17th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I loved this episode:D

Benr96
November 17th, 2010, 06:44 AM
it would of been a 10 if they didnt kill Ginn off, she could of had an amazing storyline, but the rest of it was perfect , carlyle was great Eli was good, and hopefully chloe will be having more stuff to do since she might be starting to control it. i rated it 9

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I decided to go with a 9 for this one; I like "The Greater Good" better, and gave that episode a 10.

I really did like this episode - the scenery was wonderful, and, because I managed (for once!) to remain relatively unspoiled, the alien herd creatures were a complete surprise when they showed up, which was great. Loved attacking your enemy with a stampede - shows us all once again that you don't always need brawn (or to be a great shot) when you have brain. I actually really liked that Rush didn't suddenly turn into an action hero with great gun skills - he used the skills he had to kill Simeon.

I want to give a shout out to the actress who plays Dr. Park - she was great - I really believed her fear, and her shaky but damn brave "It's ok, it's ok, go back" when Rush said he didn't have the tools to disarm the mine was hard to hear. I'm very glad she didn't blow up.

Perelandra
November 17th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Yes, I agree, Lisa Park was great in this episode! Rush, too.
I voted a 9 like I did with the Greater good not perfect but pretty darn good.
Yes, I agree the stampede at the end I wasn't expecting.

I also like Scott's talk with Rush-I'm liking Scott's charactar more and more.
And Young's talk with Eli.

sgu isnt that bad
November 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Absolutely amazing episode! Honestly this series is really hitting it's stride. Gotta freaking love Robert Knepper, in my opinion the guy is always the perfect villain which is why I was very disappointed by how little he was used up until this episode it was kind of a waste. However this episode was absolutely amazing the last three episodes imo represent the greatest back-to-back trilogy of episodes in the entire run of all the Stargate shows.

Commander Zelix
November 17th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I voted 6.5 in the review thread. 6 here. It's an above average episode, but nothing special. I grade higher every episodes of season 2, IIRthemC, beside Pathogen.

LoneStar1836
November 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
This ep was between an 8 and a 9. I felt generous so I gave it a 9. I gave last week's a 7.

I think it could have been better overall, but the individual character moments were great.

Dark Angel
November 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
This Episode is right up there with how SGU should be, everything after Cloverdale (imho == stinker) has been totally AWESOME!! And guess what, I'm seeing the next Episode as being in line with all of these, I wont talk about it, but if you saw the trailer; these are the episodes we need. Keep Spreading the Word SGU has gotten significantly better (Not saying I didn't like the other episodes [minus Cloverdale]) and people who discontinued watching should really RETHINK that decision!!

I Agree, Cloverdale was IMO the worst Episode so far, but the Episodes after that were the best Episodes so far. I realy hope they keep the pace up. I would rate it a solid 9.

Hey, first post.

myhelix
November 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Let´s say it was "fu.... brilliant", I give it a 10! This episode ranks among my whole franchise favourites!

The Destiny
November 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I Agree, Cloverdale was IMO the worst Episode so far, but the Episodes after that were the best Episodes so far. I realy hope they keep the pace up. I would rate it a solid 9.

Hey, first post.

Worse than life, the killer of the ratings?

Welcome to gateworld.

Lionheart325
November 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM
9/10 from me. Sorry but I was actually really let down by some of the storyline. I think it could have been told differently and better... But it was still a cracking episode and more of this would be sweet.

Wayston
November 17th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I went all huggely cuddely and gave it a 10

YoshiKart64
November 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'm giving it a 10, it was actually my favourite episode of the series.

Lahela
November 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Another 10 from me. If I could give 11s and 12s, I'd be very happy. :)

Joben
November 17th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I've watched it from start to finish 3 times and the cool bits many more. An episode you can rewatch is great, I'd give this one a 20 if I could. The pacing after the first scene was just perfect.

yamiinsane
November 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I gave this ep a 9 because the ep was perfect except for the fact that they killed off Ginn and Amanda. Two women who did not deserve to die the way they did. Other than that, I would have given it a 10.

SGU1
November 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I decided to go with a 9 for this one; I like "The Greater Good" better, and gave that episode a 10.

I really did like this episode - the scenery was wonderful, and, because I managed (for once!) to remain relatively unspoiled, the alien herd creatures were a complete surprise when they showed up, which was great. Loved attacking your enemy with a stampede - shows us all once again that you don't always need brawn (or to be a great shot) when you have brain. I actually really liked that Rush didn't suddenly turn into an action hero with great gun skills - he used the skills he had to kill Simeon.

I want to give a shout out to the actress who plays Dr. Park - she was great - I really believed her fear, and her shaky but damn brave "It's ok, it's ok, go back" when Rush said he didn't have the tools to disarm the mine was hard to hear. I'm very glad she didn't blow up.

I agree, Loved attacking your enemy with a stampede. That was ingenious.

I wish that they did not have to kill Ginn off:danielanime08::thoranime01::sheppardanime32:. She was so hot:samanime51::love:

Lainier
November 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM
This episode was between 8 and 9. I voted 9 because Carlyle was awesome.

The episode felt like a high-tech, high-energy revenge western when they got into the desert planet.
Sadly, Rush didn't wear the cowboy boots of his dreamlike version from Cloverdale :D

carmencatalina
November 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Sadly, Rush didn't wear the cowboy boots of his dreamlike version from Cloverdale :D

If we had seen Rush-In-Boots again, I would have had to give the episode an 11.

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2010, 05:47 PM
9 because it was excellent but I still liked last weeks' 10 a bit better.

Zkyire
November 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Hands down the best episode of season 2 so far.

- Rush going Psycho on the wall/Simeon, yet still caring enough to help Park when he could have just left her.

- Eli showing some actual anger.

- James gets a couple of minutes at least.

- More Simeon, he's a complete *******, and I had genuine hate for the guy, for all the right reasons (ie. not because he was poorly written or poorly acted, but because the character was written and acted perfectly). Part of me is actually glad he's dead because of this. But the other part of me is kinda depressed that he wont be in the show anymore 'cause he was so damned good.

- Rush wasting Simeon at the end. No words, no hesitation. Then just walks away.

So:

In terms of Stargate Universe? 10 out of 10.

In terms of all Stargate Series (SG1, SGA & SGU): 9 out of 10.

Buck32
November 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM
A solid 8/10. the only episode i've actually really enjoyed since episode 3 of series 2. If all their episodes were half this good then i wouldn't be worried about the show being cancelled.

blueray
November 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM
8, good episode, not as good as the ones before it. i liked the plot an everything but the ending seemed very and rush kills him suprise... not. but other then that i liked:

eli's attitude on the bridge/ his conversation with young
seeing the alien animals and the planet.

pipi
November 18th, 2010, 12:16 AM
7, good episode but not awesome compared to last weeks.

The Destiny
November 18th, 2010, 01:19 AM
There we go, the first 1 ;)

Steelbox
November 18th, 2010, 02:39 AM
This is the kind of episode Universe needs more. Fast action centered around drama.

FoX-1028
November 18th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Outstanding!

garhkal
November 18th, 2010, 04:49 AM
The only thing that could have made it better for me is if when chloe and the rest were on the bridge, we saw franklin. That and seeing rush make some comment to Simeon "Thats two women i love who are now dead... So here is two bullets!"

The Swarm
November 18th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Yeah, Destiny has been a little to quiet since Rush aint in command of the bridge anymore....
AND DARN IT I GAVE MY FIRST 10 AWAY!!!
Now what am i going to give the mid season finale....i've been waiting for a galactic war between 2 alien races for a long time to come up on SGU.

Krystal
November 18th, 2010, 07:26 AM
A very good episode, but not as good as Trial and Error, Awakening and The Greater Good. IMHO, Robert Knepper's talent was wasted on an underused character with almost absent story arc. If I could vote, I'd give the episode 7 out of ten.

My sentiments exactly, I was really looking forward to this episode to see Simeon in action. The first real villain in SGU, but was dissapointed. I truly think that they build his character and let him down at the end. A shame because he's acting was solid and I was really looking forward to a bigger confrontation. Sadly it never happens. And for that I give it a 7/10. It was good but it could have been much better.

Sp!der
November 18th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I was on edge all the time, the first episode where scott did not annoyed me, I actually liked him in this one. Eli & Rush are awesome....I gave it a 10. Too bad that Ginn died, but otherwise we would not have this awesome awesome awesome episode!!! This Episode was even better than LOST at some point (which is my all time favourite!)

Petra
November 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM
There we go, the first 1 ;)

Yep, and traditionally - no explanation. But then, coming up with some believable excuse for rating this ep 1 is a tall order. ;)

Anyway, 8 from me. I had such high expectations that in the end I was disappointed. And of course the one thing I was most afraid that would happen, did happen. All the build-up of Greer/Simeon animosity turned out to be completely unnecessary as Greer was sidelined throughout the episode, and the grand finale belonged to Rush. Just as I predicted. Just as RCC always writes. Honestly, I'm not particularly sorry that he left.

Thankfully there was a lot od really cool stuff too. Young acting like a real commander, comforting TJ and talking some sense into Eli, bigger role for James (yay!) and Park (double yay!), Volker was kinda sweet, it was nice seeing Eli act like a jerk for a change, Scott and Chloe were ok, Greer - what little we saw of him - was awesome and seeing Rush rage and cry was priceless. Can't forget about beautiful scenery either...

arrakis44
November 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I gave it an 8.

For me it was one of the most enjoyable episodes this season. Loved the Rush revenge plot, and they did a great job of building the tension with lots of action and lot's of casualties. All in all, kept me interested and entertained for the entire duration, something that hasn't happened in a while.

So if I like it that much why not give a 10? Well in my mind giving something a 10/10 amounts to saying it is perfect, with absolute no room for improvement. I would argue that there is always room for improvement, and so no episode is every perfect or deserving of a 100% rating. So in my book 9/10 is as good as it gets, and this episode, while very entertaining, had some drawbacks that I feel knock a point off - hence 8/10.

Negatives for this ep, the reason for an 8/10 not a 9/10:
Simeon is presented as a very capable, and very dangerous individual, yet once he's on the planet he can't seem to put a round in anyone (aside from the kino and Greer's shoulder). So it was a tad mismatched.

The crew speculate that his intention was to try to return to other LA members that were put off the ship, what would that have accomplished exactly? I honestly don't know - was it just to keep the SGC from getting intel on the LA attack, if that was the case maybe he should have played it smart and waited for an opportunity to slip away instead of murdering several crew members and running.

I kinda feel like I'm nitpicking at this point so I'll stop there, but in short an episode has to be something very special for me to go with a 9/10 - so 8/10 is pretty respectable.

Wayston
November 18th, 2010, 11:53 AM
So if I like it that much why not give a 10? Well in my mind giving something a 10/10 amounts to saying it is perfect, with absolute no room for improvement. I would argue that there is always room for improvement, and so no episode is every perfect or deserving of a 100% rating. So in my book 9/10 is as good as it gets, and this episode, while very entertaining, had some drawbacks that I feel knock a point off - hence 8/10.

you don't need to be perfect for a 10/10 - 9,5 is a 10 rounded up too :)

myhelix
November 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Can I change my vote from 10 to 100? :D

mi_guard
November 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Why can't I green you yet! :D 100 out of 10 - that is excellent :)

hallmjo
November 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
8 because it was good but not the best of the season

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Well I would give it a 9, but the death of Gin makes me give it a 8! But nevertheless a excellent episode.A solid 8, as well.
I knock it down from a 9 because I don't think the Eli/Ginn relationship had enough screen time for us to be really invested in them, or for us to really understand Eli's rage. At least one more episode of them being lovey-dovey would have been enough.

jelgate
November 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM
A solid 8, as well.
I knock it down from a 9 because I don't think the Eli/Ginn relationship had enough screen time for us to be really invested in them, or for us to really understand Eli's rage. At least one more episode of them being lovey-dovey would have been enough.

I don't think it was ever about Ginn. I think she was a device to develop Eli

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
If I don't get enough time to have some kind of attachment to the Ginn/Eli relationship, then her death and his response to it don't make much emotional sense. Their relationship wasn't really delved into, not like Scott/Chloe or Scott/James or Young/the wife. We saw a kiss and the strong hint of coitus interruptus... but that's it.

jelgate
November 18th, 2010, 02:02 PM
If I don't get enough time to have some kind of attachment to the Ginn/Eli relationship, then her death and his response to it don't make much emotional sense. Their relationship wasn't really delved into, not like Scott/Chloe or Scott/James or Young/the wife. We saw a kiss and the strong hint of coitus interruptus... but that's it.
Yes if you look at it at the relationship angle but if you look at it how it changes as Eli as a person it has meaning

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 02:05 PM
If we suddenly see Eli acting all brooding and angry without a good reason, is that really effective?

jelgate
November 18th, 2010, 02:06 PM
If we suddenly see Eli acting all brooding and angry without a good reason, is that really effective?

But thier was a good reason.

Rickington
November 18th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I would have to give 'Malice' a 9/10. If we used fractional voting, I'd give it a 9.5/10 :P

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
But thier was a good reason.The woman he kissed and maybe slept with one time is killed, and he turns emo? Nah. Not buying it. Either way, that was a minus for me this episode. The reverse is the well-defined relationship between Rush and Amanda. We know their history, and it has depth. We've seen Amanda's physical issues and seen her freedom aboard the ship. We know her. Ginn died a relative unknown who I really can't care that much about because she was never risen by the script beyond thinly-veiled plot device to real character.

jelgate
November 18th, 2010, 02:15 PM
The woman he kissed and maybe slept with one time is killed, and he turns emo? Nah. Not buying it. Either way, that was a minus for me this episode. The reverse is the well-defined relationship between Rush and Amanda. We know their history, and it has depth. We've seen Amanda's physical issues and seen her freedom aboard the ship. We know her. Ginn died a relative unknown who I really can't care that much about because she was never risen by the script beyond thinly-veiled plot device to real character.You don't need a long term developed friendship to care about someone. It was still at the developmental stage of being friends but that doesn't make caring not real

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 02:26 PM
You don't need a long term developed friendship to care about someone. It was still at the developmental stage of being friends but that doesn't make caring not realCaring, yes. A really deep caring either on his part or the part of viewers... Not necessarily.

pipi
November 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM

We're supposed to vote the episodes relative to each other not give a 10 every episode which defeats the purpose of this poll.

jelgate
November 18th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Caring, yes. A really deep caring either on his part or the part of viewers... Not necessarily.

They never once made an claim their was a deep friendship bond between Ginn and Eli. Any friend no matter how deep or shallow will mostly likely have some kind of reaction if that person was lose.

Jes
November 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I really liked this one despite that fact I was predisposed to dislike it.

I still think the Eli/Ginn relationshoip felt over rushed, I would rather then have had them as an item for 2-4 episodes before the emotional crisis. Still hope the LA people stick around rather than being killed off/faded into the background.

I was extremely pleased to see Rush's antics coloring the Crew's treatment of him finally in a direct to his face way. I particularlly loved Eli for pointing out how Rush has faked info in the ship's computers before to his face, and Greer's declaration that Rush has to watch his own back from now on.

I wonder which writer cross-bred Tauntauns and Iguanas?

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 03:43 PM
They never once made an claim their was a deep friendship bond between Ginn and Eli. Any friend no matter how deep or shallow will mostly likely have some kind of reaction if that person was lose.Some reaction, yes. Packing heat for the first time ever and going out blindly to find the killer on an alien world, no. I doubt Brody would do it for Volker. :D

jelgate
November 18th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Some reaction, yes. Packing heat for the first time ever and going out blindly to find the killer on an alien world, no. I doubt Brody would do it for Volker. :D

He wasn't thinking rationally. Its a common reaction to blame to want to do something when a person you care about dies.

Naonak
November 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
All the build-up of Greer/Simeon animosity turned out to be completely unnecessary as Greer was sidelined throughout the episode, and the grand finale belonged to Rush. Just as I predicted. Just as RCC always writes.
How's that?

Some reaction, yes. Packing heat for the first time ever and going out blindly to find the killer on an alien world, no. I doubt Brody would do it for Volker. :D
Oh, he so would. :p

erotavlas
November 18th, 2010, 07:06 PM
This episode was really good, best yet for me this season. I would give it an ∞ if I could!!!

Cold Fuzz
November 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Oh, he so would. :p

And here I thought that Volker had a thing for Park. Who knew somebody else had a thing for him? :lol:

nx01a
November 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
And here I thought that Volker had a thing for Park. Who knew somebody else had a thing for him? :lol:Under the influence of alcohol, perhaps. :D

myhelix
November 19th, 2010, 09:20 AM
We're supposed to vote the episodes relative to each other not give a 10 every episode which defeats the purpose of this poll.

I can´t recall to give each episode a 10 :confused: But this ep deserves clearly a 10 vote (or 100)

Petra
November 19th, 2010, 09:50 AM
How's that?

How's what? My prediction, RCC writing, sidelining Greer or Rush's grand finale? I'm not sure what are you asking here? :confused:

Naonak
November 19th, 2010, 01:35 PM
How's what? My prediction, RCC writing, sidelining Greer or Rush's grand finale? I'm not sure what are you asking here? :confused:
Sorry, Coop's writing.

Petra
November 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry, Coop's writing.

IMO RCC has a predilection, to focus on the geek/the science guy and write him as a hero, often at the cost of sidelining other characters or hijacking their storylines. I'm not saying it's the rule; "always" in my previous post was a bit of an exaggeration due to heat of the moment, I admit. :o But it's been happening more and more often in recent years, and it's what prevents me from listing him among my favourite SG writers. Up till Malice he avoided doing it in SGU, which actually gave me hope he'd gotten over it, but alas..apparently not.

To put it in context, for me making Rush the one to deal with Simeon despite previous set-up of Greer as Simeon's primary adversary was like making Daniel the one to defeat Replicarter despite having Sam set up as her primary enemy earlier (yes, I know that Reckoning was written by Kindler, but apparently the idea of using Daniel was Coop's. Or so I've heard.). Don't get me wrong,both confrontations were excellent, but as a Sam and Greer fan I can't help but feel disappointed.

nx01a
November 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
If the big name actor doesn't get enough screen time and juicy parts to act, he'll get bored and walk. Naturally it was Rush who went off and stampeded and gunned Simeon down.

Duneknight
November 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I gave it a 7, not my favorite episode. I found it too predictable. Robert Cooper is not interested in making a stargate show and it didn't feel like SGU. And too many weird moments as the plot sort of stumbled its way through. But i'm in the minority lol The episode couldve been handled better thats all I'm saying. The planet looked cool though as for Simon's death, wouldve worked if they explained how Rush planted that c4. No that hes dead, as well as Ginn, the LA storyline is officially over.

Krisz
November 19th, 2010, 10:17 PM
My sentiments exactly, I was really looking forward to this episode to see Simeon in action. The first real villain in SGU, but was dissapointed. I truly think that they build his character and let him down at the end. A shame because he's acting was solid and I was really looking forward to a bigger confrontation. Sadly it never happens. And for that I give it a 7/10. It was good but it could have been much better.

You’ve echoed my sentiments exactly about this episode. On the plus side the episode had well paced action that filled the 40 or so minutes, despite the under used Simeon. It was interesting to see the human side of Rush come out, he showed his emotions to others for the first time. The acting prize goes to Robert Carlyle for this week.

I will have to go for a 7 as well. A pretty good, straight forward adventure of gritty determination and revenge, with requisite body count!

Keeper - Custode
November 20th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Better than the other seven episodes (I had given in the now-dead Italian forum, no more than 8+). The best until now, for this season. I give a 9 and something more. The action of Rush is in his style; the first time, if I remember well, in which the civilians are eager to kill someone than the soldiers. Good work Rush, give us some clearness in your feelings!

Duneknight
November 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Better than the other seven episodes (I had given in the now-dead Italian forum, no more than 8+). The best until now, for this season. I give a 9 and something more. The action of Rush is in his style; the first time, if I remember well, in which the civilians are eager to kill someone than the soldiers. Good work Rush, give us some clearness in your feelings!

yeah more Rush is always a good thing.

Nataku27
November 20th, 2010, 02:42 PM
9/10 that was quite a good episode imo

Kermee
November 20th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I give it an 8. I liked Trial and Error, Aftermath, The Greater Good, and Awakening a lot better.

Rylor
November 21st, 2010, 12:41 PM
I gave it a 10. This episode had:

Big action scenes with a lot of people being injured or killed.
Great character moments - The actors did a superb job there!
A stunning location. I appreciate the producer's effort to find good locations, so far I've been very impressed. No more Vancouver pine forest :D
An awesome music piece at the end.
Repurcussions for the future. The death of Ginn and Amanda Perry will undoubtedly weigh heavy on Eli and Rush. Not to mention a possible Lucian Alliance attack on Earth.

xxxevilgrinxxx
November 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
A solid 10. If I could give more than a ten, i would. If this doesn't win an award somewhere, I'll be surprised.

Kelara
November 23rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Finally got around to watching Malice and must say: Very solid, almost standalone episode. I rated it a 7, 1 above the last epi before it. Honestly, they could do a whole episode of Rush trekking empty planets set to music that drew one in (not like some of the montages) and it'd probably entertain me ;).

Point deductions for some smallish logic breaks (Simeon should have picked everyone off after they stepped through the gate; Rush should have asked people on Destiny for a tool, they may have had something on hand they could just throw through even if time was of the essence; what beef does Simeon have with Rush to single him out for his great revenge?), the gratuitious Varro scene ("He's dangerous!"... surprise?) and the fact that I really don't buy Lt. Scott giving everyone life advice now. Seriously, first he turns Young around (who's not acting very much like he's in withdrawal...) and now he assumes to be able to do the same for Rush (come on, both guys are probably double Scott's age with corresponding life experience)? The only good thing about this was that it obviously didn't work, the scene itself made me personally cringe.

Regarding Greer and his not getting his showdown with Simeon: That was something I found logical. Sadly, Greer is written "the angry guard dog" character (in my perception). He always gets to "bark" at a person but never really the "bite" showdown (see Wray, Rush and now Simeon).

Angela V
November 23rd, 2010, 08:21 AM
A solid 10 from me. The acting was great from main characters to secondary characters. Of course I did not like the deaths of the 4 who died and especially the ladies but it did lead to great drama. And showed how ruthless the some of the LA may be.

I'm looking forward to where this will all lead.

rushy
May 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
9. The disappereance of Lucian Alliance was kind of difficult to accept, but getting rid of the only thing keeping Rush away from work was good. Ginn wasn't very bad, but non-essential to the storyline. Simeon vs Rush was awesome.