Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sequel trilogy? George, say it ain't so!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequel trilogy? George, say it ain't so!

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...news&Itemid=71

Oy, and people complain that TCW fights with canon
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Hasn't Lucas basically made it word-of-god that he won't do another trilogy? Like, multiple times?

Comment

Originally posted by nayanroo View Post
      Hasn't Lucas basically made it word-of-god that he won't do another trilogy? Like, multiple times?
      He certainly has. But George Lucas is also rather well-known for both exaggeration and for backpedaling on his promises, so it's difficult to judge his intentions here.

I don't know, my gut reaction to this is a panicked "oh crap". But I suppose it's not fair to judge a project that's still only a rumour.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As long there is no second Jar Jar Binks in it, i am in for it.
        sigpic

Comment

Won't happen, GL has said that several times now.
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Yeah, apparently Lucasfilm's denied this latest rumor too.

Comment

Sounds terrible....make it, so it can flop and make all the Star Wars Fans run away screaming and watch Stargate instead.
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

A long time ago I believe George said Star Wars was planned as three trilogies, but he said that far before the prequel trilogy. He obviously changed his mind.

Comment

If it were to happen I would have to adopt wait and see. It would depend on the era and who were doing it and what was going on. SO I will wait and see and likely see them if he did do the project and probably on some level really enjoy it.

Comment

Both trilogies are really about Anakin, so I don't see a point to a third trilogy. To top it off, I like the uncertainty of the movies canon as to what happens next.

It really is something best left to the Expanded Universe because Star Wars in general has the same thing happening over and over again, a Jedi turns to dark side, wants to rule galaxy, builds an army and goes to war with the Jedi and Republic. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done, because 3D just makes it more profitable and as a TFU fan (and hopefully TFU2) it would be nice for those games to get some recognition in another format.

That said, part of me also thinks that the future of Star Wars may not be in live action but CGI. There is a lot of stuff that could be done cheaply in CGI, and still make a lot of money outside a cinema release. Even if they decided to do Star Wars: The Next Generation with the Solo and Skywalker children. They'd have to be aimed at an older audience, the younger one Clone Wars is aimed at, and best to do it in the style of Final Fantasy, Final Flight of the Osiris (Matrix) and Old Republic's Hope and Deceived trailers.

sigpic

Comment

I'm waiting for the page to load *stupid slow computer* but wouldn't the third trilogy spoken of - from way back when - be the Timothy Zahn books? If that's the trilogy being talked of making, wouldn't the original actors all be way too old? And they definitely can't recast Luke, Leia, Han and the others.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

From the site -
                        Lucasfilm is already hard at work converting the entire Star Wars saga into 3D which will be released starting with Episode I: The Phantom Menace
                        Great, just what we need...a 3D Jar Jar
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ar3s View Post
                          From the site -

Great, just what we need...a 3D Jar Jar
                          Indeed.

Comment

I'd bet money the reason they are doing Episode I first, is not just because it's new (so won't be as hard turning to HD/3D) but because it gives them more time to spend redoing IV-VI, like a second special edition.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              I'd bet money the reason they are doing Episode I first, is not just because it's new (so won't be as hard turning to HD/3D) but because it gives them more time to spend redoing IV-VI, like a second special edition.
                              Yeah, it's probably going to be easier for them to convert the newer films to 3D than the old ones. So, chronology aside, it does seem likely that this is why.

Comment

Working...
                              X