Name of Ancients before the split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name of Ancients before the split

I'm having an argument with someone about what the Ancients called themselves. I'm curious to know what others think.

What did the Ancients call themselves before they split from the Ori? We know that they were the Alterans when they came to the Milky Way. My argument is that before the split we don't know what they called themselves. I'm saying that they were one society(name unknown for sure) before the split and as a result the two factions(Ori and Alterans) were created. The Ancients have changed their names a few times. Original name > Alterans > Lanteans > Ancients > The Others. The Ancients language was the basis for Latin on Earth and the translation of "the other one" is "Altera". I think that solidifies my point even more. My opposition thinks they were always the Alterans.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Who do you think is correct?
    Last edited by jimv1983; 19 October 2010, 11:37 PM.

I saw your arguemtn with the rogue penguin on stargate wiki, dont bother fighting him he has a way of making the admins side with him, just edit on here instead

Comment

Human?
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        I saw your arguemtn with the rogue penguin on stargate wiki, dont bother fighting him he has a way of making the admins side with him, just edit on here instead
        I guess so, I'm just trying to have accurate data and that guy has no idea what he is talking about. I contacted the admins too. Hopefully they will be more intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
          I guess so, I'm just trying to have accurate data and that guy has no idea what he is talking about. I contacted the admins too. Hopefully they will be more intelligent.
          they wont. they side with him because hes a happy little wikipedia editor who uses proper grammar and asks all nicely then goes ahead and continues to revert good change. EDIT ON MY WIKI INSTEAD! i wont stiffle your ideas without 100% evidence.

Comment

It's one of those things I guess we just won't know but I do know they didn't give the name Lanteans or Ancients to themselves they were given by the other cultures of the galaxy(s). Lanteans seems to only be used by The Wraith

Comment

unsurprisingly, realistic logic and continuity of ideas is not a major concern for TV writers...

if they did have any concept of such things... they would try to create SOME DEGREE of continuity in the presentation of the ancients:

are the ~3-5 million years old?

are they 30 millions years old?

50 million?

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
                I'm having an argument with someone about what the Ancients called themselves. I'm curious to know what others think.

What did the Ancients call themselves before they split from the Ori? We know that they were the Alterans when they came to the Milky Way. My argument is that before the split we don't know what they called themselves. I'm saying that they were one society(name unknown for sure) before the split and as a result the two factions(Ori and Alterans) were created. The Ancients have changed their names a few times. Original name > Alterans > Lanteans > Ancients > The Others. The Ancients language was the basis for Latin on Earth and the translation of "the other one" is "Altera". I think that solidifies my point even more. My opposition thinks they were always the Alterans.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Who do you think is correct?
                I believe you may be incorrect.

The Alterans are one race. The Alterans are divided into two factions. One faction is known as the Ancients. The other, the Ori.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I to believe that they were always called the Alterans, in ep 9x01 Daniel states that when he reads from the book.
                  The Ori took the name of Ori because they were they ones that "splitted" the race. IMO
                  They only became the Ancients many many years latter and long after they all died out or ancended.
                  "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
                  with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

Working...
                  X