Destinys true mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destinys true mission

Methinks that the real mission is to travel to to the center of the universe where a giant blackhole will destroy everything in its path. Some of the scientists want to enter the blackhole to study what lay at the other end. It's a suicide mission, even for the robots on Destiny (that is, if Disney buys MGM).

i agree, i think that Destiny's mission is to find the center of the Universe, to study where and how the universe began. either that or something to do with accession

Comment

My take:

It's either a mission to find the meaning of life (so yes could be tied into finding the centre of the universe).

Or it's something more in depth. What I mean is I think that the ship has the ability to manipulate time lines and to effect everything in ways we cannot imagine and in essence make destinys for everyone and everything.

I'd prefer my first idea to be closer to it tho. Would be awsome to think the ancients wanted to find out the meaning of life and all.

Comment

there is no centre to the universe no one point could ever be found as the place were the big bang took place the centre is everywere.

i prefere to think destiny is trying to find the edge to see what the universe is expanding into altho no one knows how fast its expanding maybe its faster than destiny can travel tho i dont think the ancents would have built it if they wernt sure it could travel fast enough

Comment

To boldly go where no man has gone before....

Comment

It's heading to that planet where V'ger went.

Comment

Then we have the borg come back through and assimilate everything!

Comment

To prevent O'Neil and Carter's kids from joining Biff in that robery.

Comment

Originally posted by doysh121 View Post
                  there is no centre to the universe no one point could ever be found as the place were the big bang took place the centre is everywere.

i prefere to think destiny is trying to find the edge to see what the universe is expanding into altho no one knows how fast its expanding maybe its faster than destiny can travel tho i dont think the ancents would have built it if they wernt sure it could travel fast enough
                  exactly right on the big bang, interesting theory on breaking through the big bang frontier... (although if it's expanding into nothing which is quite possible then they wouldn't have much luck)

it would be somewhat interesting if the ancients calculated the big bang is in fact not entirely as stable and self sustaining as it's thought to be, that there needs to be some sort of sentient intervention through a little nudge at the right time and place to keep it from collapsing in the most spectacular manner. However I don't think that would work as a SG series "destiny".
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

The edge of the universe, the edge of the big bang wall of creation. Breaching this wall, going further than the big bang is, means finding out what is outside of the "blackness"....man, that is deep (if this is the mission ofcourse)

Comment

Hows about going inside woman's thoughts to truly understand them... NOW That is a mission!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Hows about going inside woman's thoughts to truly understand them... NOW That is a mission!
                        That was soo not funny and that is comin from a man

Destiny's true mission will be revealed and it will be something we cant think of, cause i havent seen any reasonable theory yet.

Comment

Hey... It happened before, "What a woman wants" with mel gibson!

Comment

Whatever the specifics of the mission, I would not be surprised if we find that Destiny was never meant to be boarded by the Ancients, but by their successors, i.e., us.

We are unsure of the exact timeline of the Ancients, or exactly where Destiny fits into it, but it's possible that Destiny was launched before the plague. And instead of the plague being one of the reasons that they never came aboard, what if that was the plan all along? What if the Destiny, along with the gates and the repositories, was what they chose to leave behind, knowing that one day in the unbelievably distant future, their descendants - literally or figuratively - would be able to use those things to do something that the plague prevented them from doing themselves? Such as solving some huge mystery or completing some incredibly long-term project well outside of their home galactic group?

If Destiny's mission is still ahead of it, which it must be, then the plans for that mission must have included the million or so years between her launch and her goal. I for one don't think that the Ancients actually believed that they would still be around when the time came for the Destiny's mission to bear fruit, if they knew that she would be enroute for such a vast length of time. I think she was named Destiny because the Ancients knew that their descendants were destined to find the ship and finish whatever it was that they had started.

As to what that mission actually is...it would have to be someting quite epic, if they knew to begin it that long ago. Something that made them decide to seed thousands of habitable worlds with gates along a predetermined course that has taken a monstrously long time to travel.

When we first learned about Destiny and the seeders, it was easy to believe that the entire project was just the Ancients looking to expand their knowledge and possibly their influence. But the teaser trailer and the tagline for this season tell a different tale: Destiny always had a vital mission, and apparently it's still relevant today, and vital to us...as opposed to some forgotten and abandoned Ancient project from the distant past.

So...what might have been so important that the Ancients put this massively ambitious mission in motion knowing that they themselves would probably not be the ones to complete it? Saving the universe? Meeting "the creator?" Gaining some new level of existence beyond ascension? Finding out that the universe somehow wraps around itself and you'll eventually end up back where you started? Finding some other offshoot of their original race that set off in a completely different direction when the Ancients set off for the Milky Way?

I have no idea...but I think we'll find out soon.

Comment

Whats that episode, anyone know - when Rush says 'that ... is... the mission...' wonder if its the same one when he
                              reveals the bridge [wonder when that happens too].

Maybe destiny's mission has to do w/gating all round the universe w/ease to gather information more conveniently. Or gating to other universes or something crazy like that.

im not sure i understand the time travel aspect as mentioned before.
                              Last edited by timebandit; 24 October 2010, 04:35 PM.
                              ....Its what I do!

Comment

Working...
                              X