• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amber 31422 (305)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    AMBER 31422
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305

On the other side a man is rescued from amber quarantine by his twin brother, threatening to unravel the controversial containment protocol with a public outcry. Meanwhile, Olivia submits to Secretary Bishop’s experiments attempting to help her cross between worlds.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 March 2014, 01:41 PM.

Fringe is so totally awesomesauce lately. Amber 31422 is no exception. Some killer developments on this side and a nice one-off story to wrap it around.

First off, the twin story was fun, if only because I think the Ashmore brothers are just cool sorta nerd icons because of their superhero movie/TV show roles, and seeing them on Fringe is great - kinda like minor versions of Leonard Nimoy as Bell or Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown) in a future episode.

Olivia's development is coming along nicely. Poor girl's halfway between season one off-the-handle Olivia and cocky Altlivia, and Anna never fails to impress. The jumping to our world stuff was well-handled, especially the little bit with her calling Ella for her birthday... Who wants to bet Altlivia forgot to? I hope that comes up next week or something.

Also, the Charlie/Lincoln/Olivia dynamic is fantastic. Not to discount the the trio of awesome that is Olivia/Peter/Walter, but the latter is so different and constantly trying to keep itself together, while the former are war buddies and always there for each other in what feels like less of a fragile bond than the others have sometimes... and it hasn't even been five episodes with them together.

And again, gotta love the simple stuff: the amber itself, which I thought was a nice and horrifying thing, Astrid being all odd and stuff, and Walternate slipping back into his scientist roots a bit, all the while spouting philosophic lines and such that probably all rationalise the 'greater good' his character's about sometimes.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I could not agree more with you. Green for you if I could. I loved this episode too and I loved how Olivia is trying to trick Walternate.... I hope he wont find out... I know it was logic because of the plot to call her niece, but would it be not more helpful to call walter or peter? otherwise you are right with the whole Charlie/Lincoln/Oliva dynamic, they are really good in doing what they are doing. I hope by the end of the season our olivia is back in our would and is kicking alternate oliva some ass.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow...yet again another excellent episode of Fringe! This show never fails to impress!! Anna gave another flawless performance. Something told me that Walternate is starting to suspect that Olivia is remembering who she is. I'm not 100% on this, but his face at the end sortta had a "Yeah, right." look to it. Like he knew she was lying.

I liked the part where Olivia called her niece. And like Matt said, I'll bet that Atlivia didn't call Ella.

Can't wait to see what happens next week!
        sigpic

Comment

This may turn out to be Fringe's finest season yet. Very strong thus far.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            This may turn out to be Fringe's finest season yet. Very strong thus far.
            I agree...awesome season so far!
            sigpic

Comment

Another terrific Fringe episode which continue, what was really started in the third season, to mix great episode plot with continuous development of the overall arc (or new premise).

It was great to have a story about the Amber making full use of the parallel universe differences with ours.

The dialogue was pretty good especially the ones involving Walternate. I really love this alternate fringe team and I just don't want them to go. The relationship between them, their persona, have a feeling of authenticity and originality. I love their friendly bantering between one another. For example, when Lincoln tell us he never made home popsicle, while doing a human one, or when Francis tell us about getting his mom's cigarettes and they all "poor baby" him.

I also think Lincoln is a terrific character. It's strange you don't see such upbeat witty personality more often on TV.

The deprivation tank experiment was great. I love how it was done and how Olivia was made to appear to our side of the universe. A call back to the first season of Fringe. Having her appear in a souvenir shop and calling her niece to see if head Peter story was true, was well done.

Best quote:
              Nature doesn't recognize good and evil. Nature only recognizes balance and imbalance. I intend to restore balance to our world, whatever it takes.

Chilling!!

9/10 Solid.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                Best quote:
                Nature doesn't recognize good and evil. Nature only recognizes balance and imbalance. I intend to restore balance to our world, whatever it takes.

Chilling!!
                I agree...it is very chilling. I can't wait to see how the season plays itself out!
                sigpic

Comment

I absolutely adore this show. It may well be my favorite thing on at the moment. It consistently raises the bar and continues to be one of those things that make you go hmmm.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                    I absolutely adore this show. It may well be my favorite thing on at the moment. It consistently raises the bar and continues to be one of those things that make you go hmmm.
                    I couldn't agree with you more. Fringe never fails to impress.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      I couldn't agree with you more. Fringe never fails to impress.
                      That is why I am really hoping we are lucky enough to get another season.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Another absorbing episode. I just love how they continuously come up with such amazing weird things. The 'Amber' is definitely up there in the awful way to go category, but not quite gone, being aware whilst trapped like that! *shudder*

I've really come to like the alternate team Olivia is working with. It makes the impending realisation that she doesn't belong there harder, as she will have to go back to a life where Charlie is no longer there after being with him again (sort of).

I can't help thinking that Walternate is what Walter in our universe was like with his obsessive work with finding a way into the alternate universe that was fueled by grief after the loss of his son. Why he had a piece of his brain removed is probably explained by watching Walternate in action.

Seeing the alternate universe makes it harder to accept that its path to destruction was triggered by Walter, and the extreme distasteful things they are doing are for self preservation. I want to be sympathetic to both sides' point of view but only one side can survive, it's just great how this show creates characters and scenarios so effortlessly. I care about all of them, can't decide which universe deserves to survive given the evidence we've been shown, now that's great TV viewing!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          That is why I am really hoping we are lucky enough to get another season.
                          That would be excellent!
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree - I hope we get another season. I am loving this season so far, but I admit I'm enjoying the "over there" episodes more than the "over here" episodes. And this episode was fantastic. Olivia's journey is the most compelling thing about the show for me right now, and I just wonder how long it will take her to get back home, and what will happen when she does. I also love her alternate team - Charlie and Lincoln. I'll hate to lose them.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhb it took a very interesting turn at the end there. Is it next week yet huh, is it is it??? I can't wait to see what happens next
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X