PDA

View Full Version : If you could do a remake of show...which would it be ?

Janus
October 15th, 2010, 02:00 PM
My choice would be Space: 1999. Of course, I would change the title to compensate for time passed and make it Space: 2049. And I know that there are people who will read this and think...WHAT !? That was a terrible show !

Exactly ! That's the whole point...I would remake to be more BSG-like. (Maybe I'd even set in that universe and use it show the next repeat of the cycle of time. Since 2049 would be exactly 40 years after the last scene of Galactica.)

MIZA
October 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I would do a remake of ...... tah dah : Alien Nation

syfygyrl
October 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM
MacGyver. He'd kick butt with his iPhone & DELL laptop. :)

P-90_177
October 15th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Atlantis........honestly.............it was fine for one season then it all went down hill................and I know alot of people disagree so no need to remind me if you do. :P

The Flyattractor
October 15th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Dr.Who revamp with Chris Eccelston.
Rose would have been horribley killed in the first 4 minutes.

Wyrminarrd
October 15th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I'd remake John Doe, it was a fun series that really deserved to get another season.

knowles2
October 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM
UFO.

Basically the revamp the entire series. The organisation set up to find out visiting us an why, an where they coming from an what do they want.
It would still be based in the United Kingdom, an operate world wide, unknown to all other countries, for reasons to be reveal at a later time perhaps.

I would set in the year 2010 an make shado a fairly new organisation.

DigiFluid
October 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Earth: Final Conflict
Star Trek: Voyager
Stargate Atlantis

jelgate
October 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Enterprise. Start with S4 and go from there.

Starfist
October 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Like knowles2 I'd like to remake UFO.

Given technology has advanced imagine what could be done using CGI.
I would also give the Moon Base Interceptors more than one weapon.
And Shado would have more than one Moon Base and more Interceptors.

ttyl
Starfist

knowles2
October 16th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I was also thinking something like Starcops or Space precinct could be cool to remake.

Enterprise but remake it from season three,

Starfist
October 16th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Well I'm a Gerry Anderson fan.
And I'd like to remake ;

Thunderbirds (Live Action)
Joe 90 (Live Action)
Stingray (CGI Animation)

Other shows I'd like to remake...

Changes ( A Childrens serial from the late 1970's)
The Tripods (They didn't finish the Story)
The Children of the Stones (A Fantasy Horror series also from the 70's)

ttyl
Starfist

Janus
October 16th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Silders....The later seasons were terrible and the show ended on a cliffhanger.

globex
October 16th, 2010, 05:39 AM
SGU Definitely.

gotthammer
October 16th, 2010, 07:49 AM
SGU Definitely.
:lol:
Was tempted to say that as well. :D (...but I do kinda like SGU...)

Hmm, how about Space: Above and Beyond? Maybe less ground combat and more space engagements...w/ larger fleets. That show kinda reminded me of the 'Wing Commander' series of games at the time...maybe make it a bit like that (more diverse ship types, for example).

Sp!der
October 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Sliders would be a good choice as well... maybe..mh..Columbo ? ;) but who would top that guy? no one.. so dont know any other good choices...

Teal'c_PI
October 16th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I'd definitely remake Enterprise, starting right from the pilot. In my opinion that show needs a complete revamp, from the characters to the ship design to the Vulcans, etc.

On a totally non-sci-fi topic, I'd love to remake Ironside...maybe update it a little bit, and set it in the present. I think Jonathan Frakes would make a perfect Chief Ironside :D

Fan-e-Gate
October 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I'd remake John Doe, it was a fun series that really deserved to get another season.

I agree.

Lainier
October 20th, 2010, 07:51 AM
The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, but in live-action version and created by Joss Whedon :D

EvilSpaceAlien
October 20th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Stargate Atlantis. It was just awful after the firs season. Hell, I'd even start from the pilot, even replace a few characters.
Weir - She's fine the way she is.
Beckett - Same.
Sheppard - Replaced by Colonel Dixon from SG1's Heroes. More Adam Baldwin on Stargate is ALWAYS a good thing. :cool:
Ford - Keep him, but only if you flesh out his character, give him more of a personality and a backstory
McKay - Shove him out of an airlock and replace him with Jonas Quinn.
Teyla - Keep her, but as with Ford, flesh out her character more, and for the love of god, GIVE HER MORE SCREENTIME!

And finally, add some more conflict to the show. Maybe have an annoying bureaucratic ******* or a by-the-book military officer tag along for the ride as a part of the main cast.

Linda06
October 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Atlantis........honestly.............it was fine for one season then it all went down hill................and I know alot of people disagree so no need to remind me if you do. :P

I was just gonna say that :p I'd remake SGA and make it good :D

I liked John Doe, it's a pity that it didn't get a chance :(

Stargate Atlantis. It was just awful after the firs season. Hell, I'd even start from the pilot, even replace a few characters.
Beckett - Same.
Sheppard - Replaced by Colonel Dixon from SG1's Heroes. More Adam Baldwin on Stargate is ALWAYS a good thing. :cool:
Ford - Keep him, but only if you flesh out his character, give him more of a personality and a backstory
Teyla - Keep her, but as with Ford, flesh out her character more, and for the love of god, GIVE HER MORE SCREENTIME!

And finally, add some more conflict to the show. Maybe have an annoying bureaucratic ******* or a by-the-book military officer tag along for the ride as a part of the main cast.

You mean don't turn Teyla into wallpaper? :p

EvilSpaceAlien
October 21st, 2010, 03:56 AM
You mean don't turn Teyla into wallpaper? :p

Yep. :)

VampyreWraith
October 22nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Airwolf - I used to watch that as a kid and I was thinking about it the other day.
Theres probably more that I'd want to remake but can't think of them right now.

Janus
October 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Airwolf - I used to watch that as a kid and I was thinking about it the other day.
Theres probably more that I'd want to remake but can't think of them right now.

Owww....good one. I hear the fourth season is extremely terrible...They only made it to fill a hole in the schedule. Which reminds of....The A-Team ! (Modernised, of course.)

VampyreWraith
October 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Owww....good one. I hear the fourth season is extremely terrible...They only made it to fill a hole in the schedule. Which reminds of....The A-Team ! (Modernised, of course.)

Airwolf and the A-Team were my favorite shows when I was little. I was born in 1980 so I know I must have been under 10 when I was watching those. The forth season of Airwolf had different people in it I think. I remember that because Stringfellow Hawk, was probably my first TV crush and I remember not liking it when he was no longer there. I recently bought the A-Team box set on Amazon, thats actually what got me thinking about Airwolf. I loved that show, Hannibal and Murdock were my favorites and I loved how Mr T's character didn't like to fly so they always had to sedate him. Thinking about it is really making me want to watch it now. I still haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
Ther was a recent movie remake of the A-Team, I didn't see it so I don't know how it was.

Janus
October 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah, gotta get my hands on that A-Team movie when it hits DVD.

VampyreWraith
October 23rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, gotta get my hands on that A-Team movie when it hits DVD.

I think it comes out Dec 14, I was debating on whether ot not to preorder to through Amazon yet.

ReplicatedJedi
November 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Eerie Indiana, I loved it as a kid and can only wonder what great things could be done with it in this day and age.

gotthammer
November 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Hmm...an Airwolf remake? Hmm. Yeah. That'd be cool. But only if the helicopter used is a (more 'souped up') Super Hind. :D
(what? I love the look of that monster. Maybe give it that mast radar thing on a Longbow, then make it look stealthy-ish like what the Comanche would have been...but still retain the brutish profile that made it the iconic helicopter of the Soviets :valaanime06: )

Anyone remember a show called 'Highwayman'? I think it involved a truck that had a helicopter? And it had some optical camouflage thingy? (no, I don't think I'd want that remade...just asking. :D )

HarryCanyon
November 7th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Alien Nation or how about Swat Kats? one of my fave shows since i was 12 when it first came out on TBS.

ussrelativity
November 7th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Earth: Final Conflict
Star Trek: Voyager
Stargate Atlantis

I agree with Earth: Final Conflict. I'd start from the end of Season 1, but keep Boone in.

BayGateScape
November 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
For me I want DS9 & B5 reboots, with today's graphics.

DigiFluid
November 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
For me I want DS9 & B5 reboots, with today's graphics.
I wouldn't touch DS9, but I'd love to see the Babylon 5 VFX be brought more in line with more recent productions in the franchise like Crusade or Lost Tales.

Shpinxinator
November 10th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I'd have to say my list is...

Sliders
Earth 2
Buck Rodgers

Snowman37
November 11th, 2010, 06:14 AM
The only shows I'd like to see remade are those that only lasted one or two seasons. Preferably, shows that had a good premise but just didn't get a chance to build an audience.

knowles2
November 22nd, 2010, 04:41 AM
Alien Nation or how about Swat Kats? one of my fave shows since i was 12 when it first came out on TBS.

Good one, but it would have so be based on the District 9 film.

Morgania
November 22nd, 2010, 08:23 AM
Star Trek- Voyager

gotthammer
November 22nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Hmm. The Starship Troopers animation, but the remake should be more accurate to the book (less action, more talk :D ).

knowles2
November 24th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I'd have to say my list is...

Earth 2
BBC Outcasts could well be a very close remake of Earth 2.

Wayston
November 24th, 2010, 03:54 AM
a continuation (or "rebooted continuation" respecting the backdrop and backstory but introducing new characters, respecting the advancement of time etc. if already off the air too long):
-SGA
-SG1
-DS9
-Sliders
-Dune miniseries

a remake:
-Seaquest (first season was nice, then it started slipping)
-Lost? :)
-Earth Final Conflict
-that series based on Blade Runner

JustAnotherVoice
November 24th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Beckett - Same.

Late to the party, but sweet jesus, yes. What better way to get rid of your screaming kids and needy wife than volunteer for a one way mission to another galaxy?

I'd shuffle other characters around, mind you:
Get rid of Weir (at least Higginson's version. Her uspoken sexual tension with Shep was awful).
Switch Ford for Cadman. Another acerbic character for Dixon to be bitter with.
Keep MaKay, but bump up Zalenka too. Their unspoken odd couple bromance was one of the best things about SGA.
Keep S1 Teyla and don't introduce a secondary meathead alien.

kisstian
December 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Buck Rogers
Bermuda Triangle
And I'd finish Surface and Heroes!!!

Ouroboros
December 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM
It would be easy to pick one of my favorites but I don't want to mess with my favorites so I'll pick Atlantis as well.

It would be hard not to improve on, starting over from scratch with a whole new creative team. You could really make a fantastic show out of that concept.

knowles2
December 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Buck Rogers
Bermuda Triangle
And I'd finish Surface and Heroes!!!

I agree surface needs a ending.
So does Invasion for that matter an why we are it Space above and beyond.

MattSilver 3k
December 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'd remake Angel. Mostly the same, except for a few dud episodes getting axed, but the key here would to remake it so it had more than five seasons.

Starfist
December 10th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I've been doing some thinking on this...
I'd remake 'Thunderbirds' as a live action show. Along with a few of the other Gerry Anderson puppet shows.
Captain Scarlet and Joe90 for example. Perhaps even Fireball XL5.

ttyl
Starfist

Sp!der
December 14th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Yes another Star Trek show would be great as I am thinking again what to remake. But I guess we will getting one eventually if the sequels of abrams are successful enough I am sure they are thinking about a Star Trek show again. I also would not remake.. but reanimate firefly... same actors, same producers, same whedon, only with at least five seasons.

gotthammer
December 14th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
I'd make it live-action and maybe portray the battles 'better' (give more sense of scale). That and I'd make it so that the cast would represent their 'race' more accurately (having someone named Yang Wen-li or Reinhard von Lohengramm all sound Japanese is kinda weird...not that the voice acting was bad, mind you. IMHO, it was quite good).
Of course, that'd probably require that I have at least a couple of hundred million dollars :D
(the core anime ran for, if memory serves, a movie and 110 episodes)

Sp!der
December 15th, 2010, 08:27 AM
anyone watched Charlie Jade?! I would redo this show instantly! never watched an episode, but the plot sounds sweet!

knowles2
December 15th, 2010, 12:59 PM
anyone watched Charlie Jade?! I would redo this show instantly! never watched an episode, but the plot sounds sweet!

The plot was descent, the storylines were descent, the acting was descent an the CGI was alright.

Only saw a hand full of episodes through. It does not need to remade it just needs a second season.

Starfist
December 15th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it.
But how about a live action version of Robotech?

I know a movie has been proposed, but has yet to see the light of day.

Later gaters
Starfist

gotthammer
December 16th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it.
But how about a live action version of Robotech?

That would be nice. Robotech was my favourite series when it was being aired 'ages ago'. (it was a regular, weekly scene of me hoping to get home from school in time, and prepping the VCR to, well, record the episode...*sigh* ...ages ago...) :D
I guess it would have to be set after the animated series? (which was basically 3 separate anime mashed-up into one story/setting)
Maybe if the Japanese adapt 'Macross' into live-action and it becomes successful, a Robotech live-action will be more likely?

Over the years, tho', I've gotten to like Battletech more than Robotech (I kinda like my mecha slow and cumbersome...Heavy Gear/VOTOMS being a nice compromise)