PDA

View Full Version : Hopes for Caprica?

Trig
October 14th, 2010, 11:58 PM
What do you guyus want to see in Caprica, more to the point do you think that it'll last 4/5 seasons and the whole story as the writers see it will be told?
Dont know about you but I'd also like to see little webisodes like we did with BSG, little back stories that dont spoil things in the main story arch but give us a bit of an insight into some of the main/recurring characters.

DigiFluid
October 15th, 2010, 12:29 AM
At this point I will be stunned if it even gets a second season, never mind four or five.

That said, I'd LIKE to see more of the other colonies, I'd like to see the STO spark a war between the colonies (possibly laying the groundwork for the world Tom Zarek comes into. I'm hoping to see an eventual downfall of Graystone Industries, since we never heard it mentioned in BSG. I want to know how the holoband world ends up figuring into Cylon projection. I want to know how Joseph and Sam react when William enters the service, and of course I want to see the First Cylon War. I'd like to see the immediate aftermath of the war on Colonial society too, but I'd be happy with it ending with the war.

Not that I think any of this is in the cards anyway :mckay:

Pharaoh Atem
October 15th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I would like to see battlestar galactic prequel series

jelgate
October 15th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I would like to see battlestar galactic prequel series

Um thats what Caprica is.

Pharaoh Atem
October 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Um thats what Caprica is.

Not this crapica

jelgate
October 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Not this crapica

Yes it is. Like it or hate it, the show is a prequel to Battlestar Galatica.

globex
October 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM
This show deserves a second season because, lets face it, there is more depth in the storyline than SGU. Acting is an another plus for the series(infact it's quite good). It's a shame that it's doing so poorly in the ratings.

DigiFluid
October 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I don't see why you felt the need to bring SGU into this.

Pharaoh Atem
October 15th, 2010, 05:06 PM

My hero

the fifth man
October 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Agreed. I have seen a lot of that on both sides. It is like some people can't talk about one without mentioning the other.

Janus
October 15th, 2010, 11:35 PM
To get back on topic....I hope we do get a second season of Caprica, because one season would really feel like a bust. As for my hopes for Season One, I would really like for Amanda to get her act together - stop all the sobbing and complaining - and grind Clarice into dust. (Give the lady her vengeance, please. Enough with the sappiness already.)

Kliggins
October 16th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Lets definitely have the Caprica section be for Caprica only. I am hoping we get a second season and keeping my fingers crossed that Syfy/Universal will do more promotion and give it a chance. I'd like Amanda to get her act together too or get lost.

Bagpuss
October 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM
SGU is Off-Topic here and in this section,as are the derogatory nicknames for Caprica and "Yes it is" versus "no it isn't!" stuff about whether Caprica is a BSG prequel.

Get on topic or take your issues to the correct sections or pm etc ,folks !

Sp!der
October 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I hope CAPRICA gets at least a second season.... but I dont see it happening...

the fifth man
October 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I hope CAPRICA gets at least a second season.... but I dont see it happening...

I am doing my best to remain a little positive. I really hope Syfy decides to give this show one more season to try and prove itself.

jelgate
October 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I am doing my best to remain a little positive. I really hope Syfy decides to give this show one more season to try and prove itself.

They already did. They tried two very different rating markets and failure was the result

the fifth man
October 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM
They already did. They tried two very different rating markets and failure was the result

I am just sad that more people don't see this show as I do.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 17th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Im confused i think the show is great. I enjoyed this season a lot so far. It is a Prequel to BSG ! I think its been cool seeing the characters with there evil sides. Daniel greystone is now trying to get the company back. If you liked BSG you should give Caprica more of a chance. I no a lot of people who watched 1 or 2 episodes and gave up on it. It neeeds some patience. It will for sure have season 2 and 3 !!

Trig
October 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I hope it makes it for a good few seasons and we get to see it end as it should, possibly with the start of the Cylon war, perhaps ending with a shot of Galactica being built in spacedock or wherever you build something that big...

Kenton-Atlantis
October 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Agreed i think we have a few seaosns for sure and that ending sounds great Trig

Galileo_Galilee
October 18th, 2010, 02:26 PM
So far there is only the one connection to BSG, and that's the proto cylon. That's it.

I would like to see more connections than that to make it a prequel.

For instance, a good connection would be to have Six and Baltar there observing things.

Trig
October 19th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Nah, Six and Baltar, I think that would be taking it a bit far tbh.

We've seen the prototype Cylon, fair enough.
I think the Cylon military contract will fall through, they wont be quick enough or show any/much AI.
They will end up being mass contstructed for civilian use, construction work and other dangerous boring tasks etc.
Daniel will end up fixing to a point at least, the prototype that contains Zoe, she/he will then transfer her consciousness to the Virtual World.
At some point something will happen that gives Zoe the need/ability to transfer herself to the other Cylon units, this could have something to do with Clarice and the STO, perhaps this apotheosis could damage the VW and force Zoe, and possibly Tamatha (whatever her name was) into the Cylon units.

I think the above, padded out a bit could give us story upto season 3 perhaps?

Kliggins
October 20th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Thinking about it, I wouldn't want to see Six and Baltar in this early. Since William is a child in this series, I can't see the reason for any of the other characters from the previous 2 series to be there right now.

jdog
October 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM
AS they get more into the cylon war i guarentee rating will go up. i love the show but it doesnt take genius to know from the start the ratings would be low. sci fi soap opras will never sell, now cylons...those sell.

jdog
October 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
i think we already saw six/baltar in the angel zoey

jdog
October 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM
actually having a clash of the titans feel growing with more comment on the religion that allowed six/baltar/starbuck would really give it a wider feel. maybe even get heavy into a profiecy of earth and a 13th world.

Kliggins
October 21st, 2010, 03:58 AM
AS they get more into the cylon war i guarentee rating will go up. i love the show but it doesnt take genius to know from the start the ratings would be low. sci fi soap opras will never sell, now cylons...those sell.

I have to admit, I do love it when the cylons red light goes back and forth and they say by your command. :D :p

LoneStar1836
October 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
i think we already saw six/baltar in the angel zoeySame here so no need for Six or Baltar especially considering they appeared to the real characters in those forms for a reason. Why would VR Zoe pay attention to them in that form that's unfamiliar to her.

I have to admit, I do love it when the cylons red light goes back and forth and they say by your command. :D :pSame here. I quite enjoy Caprica but I would hope that the series would eventually get closer to the war.

Looks like we get some Cylon action in next week's ep.

Kenton-Atlantis
October 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Its gonna be a great episode i think !!! love the show !

Trig
November 8th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Well so much for Caprica hopes...
Chances of it finding another home?
Perhaps on an actual Sci-Fi channel and not a diluted pos that Si-Fi has turned into...