PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities of one of that race joining the crew ?

Skygate
October 14th, 2010, 01:42 AM
What would things be like if one of the Browns were to join the crew? If they had actually managed to bring back that one alien with them, how would that have impacted the story from here on out?

reddevil18
October 14th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Well, every season would have 5 episodes, since all the money would be used on the damn thing.

pipi
October 14th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Just another mouth to feed.

jsonitsac
October 14th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Just another mouth to feed.

And they don't seem to like Tau'ri cooking.

jelgate
October 14th, 2010, 06:22 AM
They need to learn to communicate with one another first

reddevil18
October 14th, 2010, 06:32 AM
They need to learn to communicate with one another firstThey need to start with swear words first.
Scott's "Me Tarzan, you Jane" approach ain't working.

TENTHIUS
October 14th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Well, those aliens appeared to know ancient, because they were working with the cosole. Telford knows some basic words too, so he could use the console to comnunicate.

Skygate
October 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
To save on costs, maybe it wouldn't have to show up every episode.

Well, those aliens appeared to know ancient, because they were working with the cosole. Telford knows some basic words too, so he could use the console to comnunicate.

Good insight. Maybe one of them could have helped with Destiny's systems.

Chrisb319
October 14th, 2010, 01:29 PM
LA crew members
Browns as crew members
maybe we can throw in a telaxian or borg drone....

pipi
October 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
They need to start with swear words first.
Scott's "Me Tarzan, you Jane" approach ain't working.

That would make Chloe so jealous. :P

garhkal
October 15th, 2010, 03:49 AM
And they don't seem to like Tau'ri cooking.

Maybe he just disliked that fruit.

The Swarm
October 15th, 2010, 08:02 AM
They could be carnivores, insectivores or whatever the hell you find on other planets to eat.
And i agree, we could use non human characters to join the show.

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
i would like non-human characters in the show...but I'm not sure if the....Browns? Would be suitable to be on the Destiny.

blueray
October 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM
it would be cool to have a non-human join the show, but i think if they do it, it should be a humiod, that way it is less expensive for filming and there is a better chance of them being able to communicate.

Janus
October 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I've hinted at it in other thread, but...having the Browns join the crew would be so cool. The down-side would indeed be the budget problems. But if you can make puppets that look good enough to do the job, you might be able to get around that.

Lionheart325
October 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Please no to Aliens joining the crew!

Besides the budget issues just think how crappy this would get. Maybe as allies or something like that, but physically part of the ship and it's workings would never work out.. Not yet anyway.

pipi
October 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM
The aliens can join the crew for a couple of episodes, then true nature comes out as meat eaters and kill off some Destiny crew in the ensuring battle. That'd make for a nice blood bath.

Nth Chevron
October 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
As long as Chloe is the first one they "meat-eat" i dont care how long they stay :P

N.C

TENTHIUS
October 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Well, every season would have 5 episodes, since all the money would be used on the damn thing.

I personally wouldn't mind to have 18 episodes instead of 20 in order to increase alien encounters. Awakening showed us that interacting with aliens can be done nicely in SGU's style, but if we have one alien encounter every five episodes and aliens are on screen only 3 minutes of the episode, we cannot do any bigger exploration episode than this. And that's a pity.

EDIT: If we didn't have Life, for example, a lot of us would be happy and we'd save some many for alien sequences...

pipi
October 16th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I personally wouldn't mind to have 18 episodes instead of 20 in order to increase alien encounters. Awakening showed us that interacting with aliens can be done nicely in SGU's style, but if we have one alien encounter every five episodes and aliens are on screen only 3 minutes of the episode, we cannot do any bigger exploration episode than this. And that's a pity.

EDIT: If we didn't have Life, for example, a lot of us would be happy and we'd save some many for alien sequences...

Part of what makes SGU so different is the inability of the crew to explore whatever they want. It's more about human drama set in a spaceship as opposed to special effects and meeting aliens.

wingsabre
October 24th, 2010, 04:59 PM
If anything, they would be the asguard of the series.

Mozzza
November 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Well, there is an episode called "Twin Destinies" coming up, and considering next weeks space battle, I think we'll be teaming with them.

garhkal
November 29th, 2010, 04:01 AM
I think that is SGU's AU episode.. like sga and SG1 we have to have the "trifecta". We already have had our time jump... i forgot number 2 of that list.. the AU is the third.