PDA

View Full Version : Does Young suspect Rush's discovery ?

RobertF
October 13th, 2010, 09:34 PM
My guess: not yet, but after this episode he must suspect Rush is up to something. Taking a bathroom break and casually stopping by the mess hall really looked suspicious.

I'll bet at some point Young will ask Eli to follow Rush with a kino...

Ser Scot A Ellison
October 13th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Young suspects something with Rush. But how is that different from normal?

Kanten
October 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Between the disappearances, the ship randomly dropping out of FTL and inexplicably undocking from the seeder ship before the data transfer was complete, Young has a pretty good idea that Rush is up to something shady.

starbystar
October 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I have to agree, I think that Young has a pretty good idea about what's going on - he might not know its the bridge per se, but still, he's getting mighty suspicious...

Replicator Todd
October 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I think Young always is thinking that Rush is up to something, but its highly impossible to me that he Young is possibly thinking of the bridge.

thekillman
October 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM
i think Young knows that Rush has found something he hasn't shared yet. i doubt he knows what it is

mi_guard
October 14th, 2010, 12:29 AM
NO, Young cannot know that he has discovered the bridge, but YES, he definitely suspects that he is hiding something and that it must be something really important, otherwise Rush would stay in the control room (he is the kind that would even sleep in the control room if he could) and the strange things happened lately will only increase his suspects. And YES, sooner or later Young will start spying on Rush. Looking forward to the scene when he finds out. Can't wait to see 'The Greater Good' ....

pipi
October 14th, 2010, 02:59 AM
In the montage, Eli's room had a computer; Maybe he had dibs over the only room with a computer.

garhkal
October 14th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Young suspects something with Rush. But how is that different from normal?

Very true.. he does seem to always suspect rush is up to no good..

garhkal
October 14th, 2010, 06:11 AM
BTW.. which ep is the greater good?? I see no preview thread on it?

blueray
October 14th, 2010, 06:48 AM
he definetly suspects something is up. as the op said i can see him sending eli to spy on him (i hope that he does), because young knows that he personally won't get anything from rush. as for him knowing about the bridge probably not since thats kind of a leap.

Rylor
October 14th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Of course he suspects something is not right. Rush's excuses are getting less and less credible. In "Awakening" he even disappeared without bothering to give an explanation. And moments later they undocked from the Seed ship.
Nothing to see here, move on :D

xxxevilgrinxxx
October 14th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I think Young suspects something, maybe not the bridge, but he definitely knows Rush is up to something.

jelgate
October 14th, 2010, 10:02 AM
It would be foolish without Rush's many disppearences that he is not up to something

mi_guard
October 14th, 2010, 12:24 PM
BTW.. which ep is the greater good?? I see no preview thread on it?

It is episode number seven.

There is following thread
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/73365-quot-The-Greater-Good-quot-%28207%29-Pre-Airing-Discussion-Thread-*Spoilers*

garhkal
October 15th, 2010, 03:43 AM
AH.. did not see there was 2 pages... DUMB ME!

Steelbox
October 15th, 2010, 06:57 AM
It's pretty obvious that Young suspects that Rush has found a mean to control more of the ship. Maybe not has big as the bridge and every aspect of Destiny functionality. Every thing that happened to destiny that seamed odd, and with simple no fond explanation he did not buy. It's clear to Young that Rush is hiding something big. And i suspect that once Young found it, Rush will be in a gigantic hell of a problem and will be beated again, because, 1 and only) Telford and Riley.

ns2
October 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
In the montage, Eli's room had a computer; Maybe he had dibs over the only room with a computer.

Ya Eli grabbed the kino room as his, doesn't seem to have door or space
computer traded for privacy and space

I'm surprised that no one else has realized that Rush keeps diapering when exciting stuff is happening; he seems like the type to hold his urine in order to stay in control

RobertF
October 15th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Another mystery is why no other crew member has noticed Rush entering the bridge. The entrance to the bridge appears to be a colorfully marked door in a well-lit part of the ship. I'm assuming it's in an unexplored section, or the door has been ignored by all but Rush when nobody figured out how to crack its access code.

morbosfist
October 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Another mystery is why no other crew member has noticed Rush entering the bridge. The entrance to the bridge appears to be a colorfully marked door in a well-lit part of the ship. I'm assuming it's in an unexplored section, or the door has been ignored by all but Rush when nobody figured out how to crack its access code.Rush had to use an elevator to reach it. The living quarters are in the midsection of the pyramid or near the gate room. No one would see him because no one goes that high.

Zatnikitelman
October 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Ya Eli grabbed the kino room as his, doesn't seem to have door or space
computer traded for privacy and space

I'm surprised that no one else has realized that Rush keeps diapering when exciting stuff is happening; he seems like the type to hold his urine in order to stay in control
Actually, I'm pretty sure we saw Eli close the door in Incursion Part II, I'll have to rewatch maybe.

pipi
October 15th, 2010, 08:31 PM
The resident voyuer definitely needs closed doors. ;)

garhkal
October 16th, 2010, 02:44 AM
It is strange that since he DOES use an elevator to get there, no one else notices.

Nth Chevron
October 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Also, just a small point, did anyone else notice at the end of Awakening, that Rush was just about to fall asleep in the chair, and from the looks of the background he left the door open in his haste to disconnect the ships?
Might hopefully mean the bridge gets discovered by others as Rush has a tendency to turn his radio off/ignore it when he is there.

Quoted from a post in another thread, from what i saw it looks like Rush is about to pass out from exhaustion resulting in a manhunt, kino's in search mode might fid him

N.C

morbosfist
October 16th, 2010, 10:03 AM
It is strange that since he DOES use an elevator to get there, no one else notices.Even if they did, how are they to know where he went? They'd have to have someone tracking the elevator movement.

xxxevilgrinxxx
October 16th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Even if they did, how are they to know where he went? They'd have to have someone tracking the elevator movement.

which I think may be coming
I'm picturing Young being all stalky and following Rush at some point :)

blueray
October 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Quoted from a post in another thread, from what i saw it looks like Rush is about to pass out from exhaustion resulting in a manhunt, kino's in search mode might fid him

N.C

interesting i did notice that. of course if hes about to fall alseep, that could mean that he will realize the door is open and close it, or it could lead to him being found.

pipi
October 16th, 2010, 08:11 PM
interesting i did notice that. of course if hes about to fall alseep, that could mean that he will realize the door is open and close it, or it could lead to him being found.

It could. The real answer can be found in a MGM video interview by Rush which contains spoilers. And for lazy people it is:

Rush reveals his secret in ep 7.

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 17th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Yes Young suspects Rush has found a new throneroom but not the type he was lead to believe!

(^sorry I'm avoiding spoilage so haven't checked out MGM)

YutheGreat
October 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM
After awakening maybe. I think he'll have Greer follow Rush by next episode

mi_guard
October 19th, 2010, 03:24 AM
After awakening maybe. I think he'll have Greer follow Rush by next episode

Young will definitely have someone follow Rush, not sure if it will be Greer, maybe Eli (by a kino), or someone of the science team which would arise less suspect if he/she is looking for Rush - could always have a question as excuse for following him.

Rush could have some problems also with others if he continues to disappear telling he's going to the bathroom, etc. I already had posted below in the Rush/RC thread but I just could not resist to post it here :o...

Rush is on his way to the bridge (which nobody knows so far).

TJ: "Dr. Rush, I need to speak to you."
Rush: "Not now."
TJ: "Why, where are you going?"
Rush: "Bathroom"
TJ: "Again? Today it is the 15th time"
Rush: "You are counting?"
TJ: "Of course, I'm a medic and you're my responsibility. You need to come with me to the sickbay; I need to check you"
Rush: "I do not think that will be necessary. I am fine."
TJ: "That is up to me to decide - you come with me now and I will give you something against diarrohea."
Rush: "Really not necessary."
TJ: "You are too important - we cannot risk that you get sick. If you do not come with me, I will ask Col. Young to get you by force to the infirmary."
Young walks by and overhears the last sentence and says with a grin: "TJ - do you need some help with Dr. Rush? Shall I call Greer."
Rush: "Okay, okay, I am coming. No need to use brutal force"
Two days later Rush walks into the infirmary looking suffering. "Lt. Johansen, I think now I need something against constipation."

garhkal
October 19th, 2010, 03:40 AM
while i can easily see them learning of it.. how will they learn of the code?

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 19th, 2010, 05:53 AM
how will they learn of the code?

Liberal application of hobbit snot on all interface surfaces...

garhkal
October 21st, 2010, 02:51 AM
Hu???