PDA

View Full Version : Shorty Aliens

Spimman
October 12th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I think these "Shorty Aliens" are cooler than the Blue Aliens. What do you think? They used non-lethal weapons and at first looked friendly which could be a good sign. I wonder bow long they have been there and when/if we'll see them again.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I liked them but I don't think they will be as popular as the blueies.

Quetzocoetl
October 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
We should call them Quiglies.

zainea13
October 12th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I think we will see them again because I don't think telford is done yet.

I do think they are friendly, they just saw that all their power was going away and wanted to survive so they stopped them.

jelgate
October 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
They probably just don't like thier home being invaded or something. What kind of person wouldn't attack? I don't really blame them

the fifth man
October 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
They probably just thier being invaded or something. What kind of person wouldn't attack? I don't really blame them

Hopefully we will find a way to communicate with them a little better next time we encounter them. I am sure there will be a next time.

Vanek26
October 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hopefully we will find a way to communicate with them a little better next time we encounter them. I am sure there will be a next time.

Stone in Daniel Jackson.

SciFiRick
October 12th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Stone in Daniel Jackson.

There is definately not enough info to know whether they are friend or foe. They didn't kill so this could go either way. You would think that once Young finds out about the bridge that he will turn the ship around.

AquaGamer53
October 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
There is definately not enough info to know whether they are friend or foe. They didn't kill so this could go either way. You would think that once Young finds out about the bridge that he will turn the ship around.

Even when Young finds out about the Bridge, I don't think it will be as simple as turning the ships around to pick him up... but then when Scott, Chole, and Eli were lost, they got out quickly.

AquaGamer53
October 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Telford knew enough Ancient to try to reverse the power situation, so I think he will be able to communicate to the Browns on some level. They look like they've had years to figure out the language and they knew how to use the consoles. As long as they didn't kill Telford on site, I say we will see them both again.

SciFiRick
October 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Telford knew enough Ancient to try to reverse the power situation, so I think he will be able to communicate to the Browns on some level. They look like they've had years to figure out the language and they knew how to use the consoles. As long as they didn't kill Telford on site, I say we will see them both again.

Yeah, this was left wide open. That leads me to believe that we will see them again. These aliens were written in very well. There will be a ton of theories about the who, what, how, etc. about these aliens It is the old proverb, "a picture speaks a thousand words". I think the writers did this with all the alien scenes and with the additiom of the clues throughout will make me think of another proverb, "It will be in the eyes of the beholder" of what you think is really going on.

Kanten
October 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
The fact that the first alien didn't try to rip Volker's head off at least should be an optimistic sign that these guys aren't going to try to kill everyone. The crew needs some way to communicate with these guys (maybe Chloe will mutate into some kind of crazy universal translator) the next time (of course there will be) they see them, lord knows that Destiny needs some friends out there, maybe with some extra Ancient firepower, especially if the Blues show up again.

Galileo_Galilee
October 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Personally I think they're enemies of the blues myelf. They may not even be the seeder ship's original crew.

Unless those aliens were the original ancients that evolved into humans somehow.

Which is entirely unlikely.

The best bet is that they simply discovered the ship and took it over somehow and have been with it for umpteen million years.

nlcol
October 13th, 2010, 12:06 AM
haha what if these guys are the firlings :P

SGeff
October 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM
They probably just don't like thier home being invaded or something. What kind of person wouldn't attack? I don't really blame them

The seeder ship is not their home, it is an ancient ship, not their ship. They are properly just encounters like Destiny crew.

Personally I think they're enemies of the blues myelf. They may not even be the seeder ship's original crew.

Good theory. Then we will have a space war, at least a battle

coZma
October 13th, 2010, 01:36 AM
So how come these aliens are all bald? I mean the Asgard, the blues, those guys...what the stargate franchise really needs is a furry alien, the Chewbacca lookalike overlords of the galaxy of something..On a more serious note, it should be really nice if some of the aliens they encounter are not humanoid, maybe octopus-like or some other form which does not have two hand and legs and remind of an anorexic ugly model

MattSilver 3k
October 13th, 2010, 01:39 AM
So how come these aliens are all bald? I mean the Asgard, the blues, those guys...what the stargate franchise really needs is a furry alien, the Chewbacca lookalike overlords of the galaxy of something.

Lol, then we'd get even more Furling comments.

Speaking of the brown aliens, I gotta say this: Please, please please please, I beg of you collective Stargate fandom, please do not dub these aliens 'The Booger Aliens'. Seriously, you make me honestly doubt... so many things about our fandom's intelligence or naming skills. Smurfs were bad enough, and I can't be the only one thinking the same way...

spinny magee
October 13th, 2010, 01:57 AM
It's about time we had a bit more of a friendly first encounter. (Big Misunderstanding this episode was)

Good thing about SGU, if it were SG1 they would have spoke Ingrish to eachother and figured it out, except the aliens would have had alterior motives probably.

I think they were cool, cooler then Blue Aliens, the language of theirs also reminded me of Star Wars for some reason......

I will call them the Democrats until a proper name is made up (like the smurfs)

thekillman
October 13th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Browns.

Browns. BTW can't wait untill we discover the Reds. and the Greens too.

anyway, i think the Browns were friendly scientists that were aboard the ship. then we came, threatened them and their project (how friendly is a race aiming 5 guns at you when you're unarmed?), then stole their power. the Browns simply reversed it and hoped we'd go away. i doubt full draining of our power was their intention.

anyway, since the ship has so much power AND stargates, Telford can dial Destiny any time

qingdom
October 13th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Something tells me these little guys are the pre-evolved version of the Asgard before their cloning failed them.

garhkal
October 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
The seeder ship is not their home, it is an ancient ship, not their ship. They are properly just encounters like Destiny crew.

Good theory. Then we will have a space war, at least a battle

That might be an interesting angle to take.. they took it over cause they are fleeing the blues, and the blues know this, which is why they after destiny... they know it docs with the other ship..

Shadow_7
October 13th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Well seeder ships collect resources from the planets in the region. So they probably ended up being scavenged as a resource IMO. Or hitched a ride. And are otherwise like the crew of the Destiny, and couldn't leave stasis until the docking triggered life support. I don't think that it's their power, but they are probably tied into it in some way.

They are an odd bunch. And very asgard like. It should be interesting to see what happens to Telford. Or if Telford somehow manages to cleanse the ship of infestation. And becomes the pilot of his own mega-shuttle.

blueintegraboy
October 13th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Something tells me these little guys are the pre-evolved version of the Asgard before their cloning failed them.

In Revelations, Heimdall was trying to find a link between present Asgard and past "original" humanoid Asgard. So, the aliens aren't pre-evolved Asgards.

Spimman
October 13th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Well we know the Shorty's:
-Carried advanced non-lethal weapons
-Knew how to operate the ship
-Were able to get to the ship somehow, presumably they have their own ships and that level of technology
-Didn't kill anyone
-Don't like the Ancients fruit either

Brian N
October 13th, 2010, 07:19 AM
If the aliens have technology that can read one's mind, I'm sure they will extrapolate from Telford why we did what we did. Unless Telford provokes them.

Spimman
October 13th, 2010, 08:23 AM
If they take him back to their ship they may do that, but for now all they have is the stuff on board Seeder ship. We didn't see them communicate so we really don't know how they talk.

leiasky
October 13th, 2010, 09:15 AM

That's exactly my thought as well.

Spimman
October 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
The Asgard are millions of light years away, I doubt they are even loosely related. They do seem to have evolved in a simlar way as the Blue Aliens (likely do to SGU budgetary reasons) but I guess aliens from similar parts of the Universe (or the same galaxy possibly) could be similar.

Kaeb
October 13th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I called them 'Sleepers'. I think naming each new alien we encounter based on personality rather then physical appearance would be more prudent. :)

Spimman
October 13th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Having them actually named in the show would be even better!

Ashizuri
October 13th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Stone in Daniel Jackson.

I don't think these aliens spoke any variation of an Earth language, so Daniel would be kind of pointless.

I really liked these guys. It was sort of adorable and creepy at the same time. I liked that they weren't agressive, and I hope they stay that way, for Telford's sake.

TheHomegaMan
October 13th, 2010, 11:06 AM
That's exactly my thought as well.

What makes you think this, given that we've already seen pre-evolved Asgard before cloning failed them?

kirmit
October 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I can't understand why some people think they're related to the asgard, they're nothing alike.

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I can't understand why some people think they're related to the asgard, they're nothing alike.

Misguided pattern recognition probably - not everyone is an exobiologist!

The Mighty 6 platoon
October 13th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Is it wrong that I found the aliens kinda cute? :D

MattSilver 3k
October 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM

That one guy curling himself in a ball was kinda d'aww-worthy, in an ugly sorta way.

Spimman
October 13th, 2010, 12:34 PM

My wife said the exact same thing, so no.

leiasky
October 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM

I can't understand why people think SGU is the best of the Stargate series. But, to each his/her own.

I'm not alone in my thinking they're in some way related to the Asgard or there wouldn't be multiple posts about it. Who knows if it'll turn out to be true or not. Myself and the person watching SGU with me last night thought the same thing; "Thor! Buddy! You look - bigger."

Sami_
October 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Well we know the Shorty's:
-Carried advanced non-lethal weapons
-Knew how to operate the ship
-Were able to get to the ship somehow, presumably they have their own ships and that level of technology
-Didn't kill anyone
-Don't like the Ancients fruit either

The only reason they weren't able to kill anyone is because Rush separated the ships, if he hadn't then the aliens would have taken all Destiny's power and condemned everyone to a slow cold death.

That seems like a hostile action to me, the only way you can claim otherwise is if you contend they didn't know the consequences of their actions - if they did then they had the malice aforethought to murder everyone on Destiny.

Mr. Jack
October 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
The only reason they weren't able to kill anyone is because Rush separated the ships, if he hadn't then the aliens would have taken all Destiny's power and condemned everyone to a slow cold death.

That seems like a hostile action to me, the only way you can claim otherwise is if you contend they didn't know the consequences of their actions - if they did then they had the malice aforethought to murder everyone on Destiny.

We could have been condemning them to the very same fate. In their eyes it could have been seen as, "Hey, they don't give a crap about our well being. Why should we care about theirs?"

KEK
October 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM

Kill, not murder. Anyway, weren't the people on Destiny doing the same thing? Not that I'm saying that justifies what they did, only that they're not necessarily any worse than 'we' are.

morbosfist
October 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Then why stun Rush and the others? Why only wait to act when their power was being drained? There's more to this situation.

thekillman
October 13th, 2010, 01:25 PM
given that the guys were onboard and the ship malfunctioned due to some error, i think they're worse at controlling ancient ships than us. then again, transferring planet-shattering amounts of energy back and forth isn't exactly easy. well if you have meter-thick superconductive wire, it becomes easier, but storing it. and controlling it.

you conveniently forgot we were doing the same thing to them

thekillman
October 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Then why stun Rush and the others? Why only wait to act when their power was being drained? There's more to this situation.
i'd say they waited for us to leave again. then we got hostile *in their eyes* and they decided to act. they probably hoped reversing the situation would make us go.

Vanek26
October 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I don't think these aliens spoke any variation of an Earth language, so Daniel would be kind of pointless.

I really liked these guys. It was sort of adorable and creepy at the same time. I liked that they weren't agressive, and I hope they stay that way, for Telford's sake.

We'd get to see Daniel. Point.

Also, he was able to communicate with the Unas, pretty sure that wasn't an Earth based language.

morbosfist
October 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
We'd get to see Daniel. Point.

Also, he was able to communicate with the Unas, pretty sure that wasn't an Earth based language.He got lucky with the Unas. It was primitive and had a simple language. He would not be so lucky with this alien. It obviously has a complex language and wasn't receptive to Scott's attempt at communication.

Ashizuri
October 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
He got lucky with the Unas.

And he had lots of time to study the Unas language (and likely lots of assistants helping him), which was what, 50-ish words at most? I'm not saying Daniel wouldn't eventually get it, because he would, but it would, IMO, be underwhelming to see Daniel come one for one episode to magically translate the language and make the aliens...less alien. As much as I love Dr. Jackson, he's already had one unnecessary cameo on SGU, he doesn't need another.

carmencatalina
October 13th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I was kind of irritated with Young's order to "bring the alien" when they thought they were going to be able to gate back to Earth - was he intending to take the fellow with them through the gate? Why? He/she/it would then be stranded on the other side of the universe from where he/she/it belonged, with no hope of getting back.

Maybe I missed something, but that seemed like a bad move. I was glad when short-brown-and-somewhat-buggy-looking managed to escape. Good on him/her/it.

morbosfist
October 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
He had it brought with them because he didn't trust it to be alone with Rush and Dunning.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 13th, 2010, 10:00 PM
They seemed sort of extremely similar in design to the Blue Aliens, to me at least,. I know Rush said they were different, but they had so many similar looking features that I would hope that's not juts supposed to be a coincidence. Although nobody mentioned the fact that they look similar, I think it'd be a little silly to introduce two completely unrelated alien races that look oddly reminiscent of each other.

Buck32
October 14th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I think these "Shorty Aliens" are cooler than the Blue Aliens. What do you think? They used non-lethal weapons and at first looked friendly which could be a good sign. I wonder bow long they have been there and when/if we'll see them again.

I love the browns and the blues, i gotta hand it to TPTB when they said we wouldn't be seeing "human" aliens they were right.
I can't wait to see the blues or the browns again. I loved them both.

MechaThor
October 14th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I would love these guys to be direct enemies of the Blue's, fighting over the rights to the Destiny and its Technology? Maybe the Blues want it for war, while the Browns want it for peace and scientific understanding? Hopefully they won't end up related somehow though, i.e. sharing the same homeworld ect... But rather two different races trying to out compete one another, with a long history together, maybe once allies themselves, maybe being part of a galactic society of races which want to study the Ancients?

Personally I don't see them as being all to similar in appearance, aside from both being bald. Instead they have some interesting parallels...

Blues left, Browns right:
- Tall/Short
- Aggressive/Passive (stun guns, did not attack outright)
- Translucent/Bone like Exoskeleton
- Semi-Aquatic in appearance/more terrestrial in appearance, could picture them in a desert
- Physically weak and fragile/Seems more well built and was shown to be very agile and a strong climber

thekillman
October 14th, 2010, 06:06 AM
the browns appear to be insect-ish with reptillian and mammal features.

garhkal
October 14th, 2010, 06:19 AM

Not really. They seem to be able to operate the consoles, so they read ancient. And who knows maybe they have their own written language.

We could have been condemning them to the very same fate. In their eyes it could have been seen as, "Hey, they don't give a crap about our well being. Why should we care about theirs?"

True dat.. The way those pods looked connected up with those strands (of what??) seemed like they were hooked into the ship for power.

Spimman
October 14th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Maybe Telford will turn them into Allies, it's about time we made some friends

Vn70072
October 14th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Well, if the Browns were able to reverse the power transfer, it shows they must know at least something about the ancient language and their computer systems. I wonder if the ancient language could be used to communicate with them.

garhkal
October 15th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Dat's my thought. Telford sees them using the consoles, and types stuff in ancient to them, they respond and that is how they communicate..

Zleet
October 15th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I'd like to see what happens to Telford.

I'd see the scene as something like Telford is standing as the aliens slowly approach and is just speaking out loud to himself about how he wishes they could understand him. One of the aliens presses a button on his wrist, and part of Telford's sentence is repeated back in a robotic voice (predator style). Telford is now looking puzzled and is still talking as the aliens repeat several phrases back, now repeating separate words and even some snippets of conversation they must have overheard from the other Destiny boarders. It builds as the words are thrown back and forwards between the aliens faster and faster then stops suddenly and the one who pressed the button turns to Telford and in heavily robotic voice says 'Why you attack us?'.

Would be nice to have non threatening aliens for a change who can be woven into SGU's 'mythos'.

The Mighty 6 platoon
October 15th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I'd like to see what happens to Telford.

I'd see the scene as something like Telford is standing as the aliens slowly approach and is just speaking out loud to himself about how he wishes they could understand him. One of the aliens presses a button on his wrist, and part of Telford's sentence is repeated back in a robotic voice (predator style). Telford is now looking puzzled and is still talking as the aliens repeat several phrases back, now repeating separate words and even some snippets of conversation they must have overheard from the other Destiny boarders. It builds as the words are thrown back and forwards between the aliens faster and faster then stops suddenly and the one who pressed the button turns to Telford and in heavily robotic voice says 'Why you attack us?'.

Would be nice to have non threatening aliens for a change who can be woven into SGU's 'mythos'.

Well

Telford is supposed to be in upcoming episodes, so you might get your wish

garhkal
October 16th, 2010, 02:43 AM
We can hope.