PDA

View Full Version : The 'Boogers'

dacooker
October 12th, 2010, 07:07 PM
What are they?
Where did they come from?
Whats to become of the seeder ship and Telford?
Will we see them again?

Discuss

morbosfist
October 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Maybe the Ancients made them as a repair crew. They know what they're doing and they were in statis.

zainea13
October 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I say they are related to the Blue Aliens. They share similar physiology ... look at it when it opens its mouth

themeatcleaver
October 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Maybe the Ancients made them as a repair crew. They know what they're doing and they were in statis.

You know, i thought that as soon as i saw the clothing they were wearing. god i hope so haha. they're like the oompa loompas of stargate! maybe thats what we should call them? :)

the fifth man
I definitely hope we see these aliens again. I want to know more about them.

Orion Antreas
/sigh

That name is very childish in my opinion. Why not simply refer to them as the 'Browns', as TPTB refers to the season one aliens as the 'Blues'. Boogers seems really unimaginative and doesn't do justice to them.

Anyway, onto the topic, I think we will see them again. As for where did they come from, obviously they are from that area of space. And I think any idea that they have any relation with the Ancients should be thrown out the window. Yeah, the Ancients were powerful and helped shape two galaxies (Milky Way and Pegasus), but we are far from there. Besides Destiny and the Seeder Ships, the Ancients probably had no impact on any species, planets, etc. in this part of the universe.

Replicator Todd

Interesting theory! I could see that.

jelgate
October 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM

Why must everything be related to the Ancients? They probably have nothing to do with them what so ever except inhabiting their ship

Replicator Todd
October 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Why must everything be related to the Ancients?

Yes. :p

Orion Antreas
October 12th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Why must everything be related to the Ancients? They probably have nothing to do with them what so ever except inhabiting their ship

Exactly my thoughts. Even though it may not be true, a theory was that they were a exploration team left behind to study the ship for extended time.

ns2
October 12th, 2010, 07:36 PM
At first I tough that they went in stasis when their ship got damaged and they were waiting for Destiny to come and power them so they can continue gate building

Now I think they might be using the ship for their own purpose

zainea13
October 12th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Ok here is a radical idea about them. If you have seen the movie Pandorum it will make some sense. The seeder ships were sent out with a crew, and over millions of years this is what the ancients have evolved into. It fits the ship better. Long fingers to grab things and navigate the ship easily. Lost color in their skin, their teeth aren't needed, eyes have got bigger to see in the dark. It kinda fits. The clothing/armor looks ancient too

the fifth man
October 12th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Ok here is a radical idea about them. If you have seen the movie Pandorum it will make some sense. The seeder ships were sent out with a crew, and over millions of years this is what the ancients have evolved into. It fits the ship better. Long fingers to grab things and navigate the ship easily. Lost color in their skin, their teeth aren't needed, eyes have got bigger to see in the dark. It kinda fits. The clothing/armor looks ancient too

Interesting theory. I still think they are just aliens though. Besides, how do you explain those pods?

themeatcleaver
October 12th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Interesting theory. I still think they are just aliens though. Besides, how do you explain those pods?

they looked like cat cages to me... :)

zainea13
October 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM

yeah there are definitely gaps in the theory... But the pods kind of had an ancient feel to them, so I don't know... I think they might just be aliens too. Any theory pretty much ahs the same weight. There is really no evidence toward one side or the other. I like their language though. :)

Orion475
October 12th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Well I was excited when the alien was nice. Great sound effect for the stunner. Rivals any sound made for weapons in the Stargate franchise.

I call the "Smurfs", "Obsessors" or "Sessor". I don't like the word Smufs

timebandit
October 12th, 2010, 08:21 PM
you know this might sound strange but, telford has a crew he can command now. those aliens kind of 'looked up' to him.

The scary music made it seem like they were gonna 'get him' but no way. They seemed to be waiting for 'instructions' or something, to me.

It might be possible that, in depositing gates on various worlds, the destiny and seeder ships AI-ish thing [rush seems to be involved w/it], find a way to communicate with people on those worlds, at least not intentionally, but races smart enough figured it out and either took advantage, or, the ships would let them on if they could 'prove' they could help destiny continue its mission in some way.

FoX-1028
October 12th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I bet they have a purpose with the seeder ship and they need energy

Abiron
October 12th, 2010, 08:30 PM
At first I thought they must be explorers too, somehow stranded aboard the seeder. But then I started wondering...

Why does the seeder have an atmosphere? Catwalks? Manned control stations? One obvious answer is so that the Destiny's crew (the originally planned one) could board and use all of it, but what if there's another explanation? What if the browns really are supposed to be there? Those hibernation pods didn't exactly look temporary, but I should probably look again to see if I missed something there.

Maybe the brown coming to the control room and "passing out" was exactly that? The reaction of an engineered creature (that's been around for possibly millennia) upon seeing members of the race that created them finally appear?

I think the above Pandorum reference might still make sense, but not because these creatures are evolved from Ancients who were aboard when it was launched; rather, perhaps they are a crew that is kept in long-term stasis and awakened to fix things when needed. Perhaps the seeder was sitting there for a reason, and so they were not awakened to fix anything...but then Destiny showed up, and that's another reason to wake them.

In which case, I'm guessing that they will be more than happy to help Telford get back to Destiny.

Blistna
October 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM
What are they?
Where did they come from?
Whats to become of the seeder ship and Telford?
Will we see them again?

Discuss

I definitely hope we see these aliens again. I want to know more about them.

We will. They always tease us like this. Once with Air, then with the planet builders and the blue guys, now with these boogers.

/sigh

That name is very childish in my opinion. Why not simply refer to them as the 'Browns', as TPTB refers to the season one aliens as the 'Blues'. Boogers seems really unimaginative and doesn't do justice to them.

Anyway, onto the topic, I think we will see them again. As for where did they come from, obviously they are from that area of space. And I think any idea that they have any relation with the Ancients should be thrown out the window. Yeah, the Ancients were powerful and helped shape two galaxies (Milky Way and Pegasus), but we are far from there. Besides Destiny and the Seeder Ships, the Ancients probably had no impact on any species, planets, etc. in this part of the universe.

I tend to think they are connected with the blue guys. They obviously wanted our power. Just a matter of finding out why. And the ancients had an impact. You can't tell me the gates wouln't help or even hinder races. We know the blue guys understand some of the gates features, surely they alone didn't figure that out.

zainea13
October 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'm watching it again. And if you look they definitely share physiology with humans. Their skin has mostly decayed and is no longer needed. They are in a controlled environment so skin to protect them isn't needed as much. Their fingers look incredibly human, as well as the ulna and radius on the arm.

The pods look to be attached and as if they are an old ancient stasis pod...

morbosfist
October 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I took their appearance as being exoskeletal. They look bony because the outside is bone.

Orion475
October 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
The aliens that are in these far off galaxies have no way of using the Stargates (I think, No DHD or control) and want to learn how to do that. I'm sure we will see them again and again.

The life out here in these galaxies have evolved and have had no human interaction. We are not wanted here.

Utitan
October 12th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Not sold on the browns needing energy, after all, Destiny found the energy the seeder already had could power the gate home. So I'm leaning to it being like said, some type of crew to study/maintain the ship. So the power drain could have been some sort of defensive tactic or a way to make whom ever they imagined was in control of destiny to undock and leave. All they knew was Destiny was bleeding the seeders own power. Also, The aliens seemed strangely comfortable with humans, unsurprised even.

Ive come to expect that I'm wrong with whatever i come up with, so i doubt they write it as easy as that, The nice aliens power up the ship and catch up to destiny, maybe say hi do a repair for them, nah too easy... Gating back to destiny seems more likely , but with SGU fashion i wouldn't rule out Destiny's ability for time travel. o.O who knows.

Orion Antreas
October 12th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Personally, I think the only reason why they were stealing energy from Destiny was to have enough power until they would be picked up. Perhaps they didn't know when they would be picked up by their brethren, so they are thinking ahead for the long haul, and want to be prepared. Of course that is only a guess, and perhaps something will be alluded to down the road.

AquaGamer53
October 12th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I think what happened is that the seeder ship came to their planet to seed it or a planet those aliens knew about and they sent a team of scientists to explorer. There was a passing comment of Rush guessing they were probably a team studying the seeder.

Then all of a sudden, the seeder jumps into FTL. So my theory is that either they brought a lot of supplies with them or they were able to track the seeder and supplies were brought to them. The stasis pods being brought when they saw they were going to another galaxy.

The reason they needed the power is because they used too much before the seeder could recharge, maybe their pods were connected to the seeders systems. If that was the case, they as Rush said last season before they crossed galaxies, the ship would have to "float" across until it came to another star. That seeder was probably still moving and to dock, all Destiny would have to do is match speeds with the seeder so they move the same relative to each other.

So basically I think they are scientists who will be willing to see what Telford is all about. I mean, unless they only eat meat or something, he won't be much use to them. Also, they do seem to know what they are doing which leads me to believe they figured a lot out but not before they wasted a lot of power.

SciFiRick
October 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I took their appearance as being exoskeletal. They look bony because the outside is bone.

I thought that it appeared as the alien reached for the food and placed it in his mouth that the arm looked like strands of flesh or bone. Seemed that I noticed that you could see through the gaps in the arm. Basically, it did not look like one solid limb.

globex
October 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Are they really called the Boogers? LMAO :lol: I haven't watched it that's why I am asking.

Ekiel
October 12th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Why not simply refer to them as the 'Browns', as TPTB refers to the season one aliens as the 'Blues'.

Nice, soon we'll have all the minions from Overlord - only Reds and Greens still missing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/Overlord2_bonusLG.jpg

SciFiRick
October 12th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Are they really called the Boogers? LMAO :lol: I haven't watched it that's why I am asking.

I vote NO to boogers. Maybe we can find out from the writers what they are calling them. The writers called the blue aliens the "Blues" and if we are sticking to one word names and staying with the first letter starting with "B's" then Brown's work for now. Any thoughts?

Chrisb319
October 12th, 2010, 10:06 PM
1st post!

I'm going on a limb here my theory why the brown alien collapsed; was due to a natural defense mechanism perhaps.
Another theory out of left field...

I don't like the idea that the ancients left these umpa lumpas behind to keep up with repairs if that where the case there would be no use for the alien like pods. My theory is that those are alien escape pods. Perhaps the surviving browns had to evacuate their ship for whatever reason and where drifting in space until they found the seeder ship. If they where a research/scientist party why bring a dozen pods with them and not a bigger ship.

jwaldo
October 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Made them, or hired them? You know, from among some allied race? Maybe picked some great workers?

*coughFurlingscough*

How's THAT for speculation? :jack_new_anime06:

meo3000
October 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
They are hitchhikers, or refugees to be more precise.

The seeder ship probably dropped out of FTL where those guys were stuck in orbit in their failing ship. They probably moved in thinking they could use it to get back home but the seeder ship being automated they got stranded.

The only way to survive long term until a solution is presented to them was to build stasis pod. They probably used their escaping pods and scavenged the rest from the ship to build them, stranding the ship in the process.

From what we've seen, the Browns arent aggressive at all. They acted only in self preservation. Brownie, yes i named it, didnt attack. His friends used stun tech, no killing. And when they surrounded Telford, they were looking more like a bunch seeking help. We might not have seen the last of him. Like he said, he knows Ancient and how to operate the consoles.

Commander Zelix
October 12th, 2010, 10:54 PM
They kind of looked to me as Aliens who found refuge on the gate ship maybe after they had a problem with their own spaceship (or maybe even planet). It would explain the pods.

ahdvd
October 12th, 2010, 11:55 PM
The seeder ship is smaller than the destiny and it manufactures the gates. If seeder ships have been placing gates on planets throughout a bunch of galaxies (from what i remember from 'Air' it looked like at least 6 galaxies destiny had passed through, not to mention we left another galaxy at the end of season 1), then it would have to be able to collect resources like naquada as the gates appear to be made of the same material as milky way/pegasus gates.

Therefore i believe that the seeder ships are actually designed to land. They must do this to mine materials, and once manufactured, deposit the finished gates on a planet's surface.

I think these aliens have gotten aboard the seeder ship when it has landed to deposit a gate, either to explore, or possibly attempting to escape their planet from a possible disaster which they couldnt have survived. It would also mean that they don't have to be technologically advanced enough to have reached space flight level of tech.

spinny magee
October 13th, 2010, 02:04 AM
We ARE not calling them the boogers.

I'd rather call them Furlings then that

Anubis91
October 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Why wouldn't we call them the Awakened, after all, it was the theme of this episode.
Anyway I think we will soon get an "official" name from J Mallozzi...
Anyone to ask him this question if it has not be done yet ?

Shai Hulud
October 13th, 2010, 03:44 AM
(from what i remember from 'Air' it looked like at least 6 galaxies destiny had passed through, not to mention we left another galaxy at the end of season 1),

When Rush brings up the star map every time Destiny moves to another Galaxy there is a little 'beep' and there are far more than six beeps in that scene ;)

The Destiny
October 13th, 2010, 03:54 AM
It might be close to 30 beeps :D

I hope someday we get another star-map scene where we see the entire journey, not just part of it and of screen beeps.

thekillman
October 13th, 2010, 04:11 AM
why not the Browns?

then in season 3 we get the Greens and finally the Reds. and in season 5 we get the Overlord.

anyway, i think they're epic. it was awesome to see the alien. but was it me or did it say "i want food" in very distorted english?

my theory:

the Browns are the dominant race (like how realistically, Humans would be the dominant MW race). they found the ship traversing their space, put their stasis pods with people in it on the ship, and then somehow it broke down (probably due to the Browns). they got in stasis (perhaps it's their version of a home, to sleep and recover, since i doubt the Seeder Ship has proper quarters)

they appear intelligent, mildly insectiod. probably carnivorous or omnivorous.

pleed
October 13th, 2010, 04:21 AM
hmm, interesting theories.
Doubt they are Furlings, not that we know much about them, but I don't think they would hitch a ride on Ancient ships.
Those stasis pods definitely looked out of place to me. Not there by design. They weren't flush against walls, or in any order.
I also doubt the Boogies 'accidentally' got stranded on the ship, they would have to bring those pods with them.

They do look similar to the blue aliens, so they could be somehow related, but I would like to think they are some long term explorers from many galaxies away.

garhkal
October 13th, 2010, 06:13 AM
they looked like cat cages to me... :)

They looked like egg type pods to me..

I bet they have a purpose with the seeder ship and they need energy

I did notice they had more of them wake once the 'power transfer' was reversed... Maybe they were sucking power to wake the others.

They kind of looked to me as Aliens who found refuge on the gate ship maybe after they had a problem with their own spaceship (or maybe even planet). It would explain the pods.

Though if that is the case, how did they get on the seeder ship.

Egle01
October 13th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Boogers is a terrible name. I hope no one starts to use it. :S:P

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Boogers is a terrible name. I hope no one starts to use it. :S:P

Egads its too late! If they start dropping snot we'll need PKE Meters!

MattSilver 3k
October 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Okay, it's literally gotten to the point that I hate people who'll use 'Boogers' as the name more than I hate anything else in the entire damn world.

/ragequits.

kellx
October 13th, 2010, 10:28 AM
The browns were definitely not left by the ancients. My guess is they are an exploration team studying the ship. Much like their version of the Atlantis expedition or Icarus bass. They could have been sent their to hibernate until the ancients arrived. They definitely did not seem antagonistic, but who knows. the creepy music made them come off as slightly creepy but i really don't think they will be enemies. I'd love to think that Telford befriends them and they catch up with destiny. It would be nice to actually see some friendly aliens that far out. I would like to see these guys again for sure.

Kaeb
October 13th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Okay, it's literally gotten to the point that I hate people who'll use 'Boogers' as the name more than I hate anything else in the entire damn world.

/ragequits.
I call the Blue's ''Obsessors'' and the Brown's ''Sleepers''.

The Faith Aliens ''Creators'' and the sand/mist aliens ''Guides'' :)

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 13th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I call the Blue's ''Obsessors'' and the Brown's ''Sleepers''.
The Faith Aliens ''Creators'' and the sand/mist aliens ''Guides'' :)

What do you call the ticks - "Psychic nits"?!

Seriously those names are good, I'd hope we as a species treat extra-terrestrials with more respect than shown ITT - could we really be a fifth race calling aliens childish names?

zmo
October 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I would like to call them The Turtles
They remind me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

nbkbauer
October 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Because this is Stargate...and in case you haven't figured it out yet, absolutly everything that has transpired on any Stargate show has always led back to the ancients. In reality that is what this IP is about. You could subtitle the Stargate franchise as, Stargate: A history of the Alteran Race

KEK
October 13th, 2010, 01:08 PM
They'll be back, and in greater number!

thekillman
October 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Because this is Stargate...and in case you haven't figured it out yet, absolutly everything that has transpired on any Stargate show has always led back to the ancients. In reality that is what this IP is about. You could subtitle the Stargate franchise as, Stargate: A history of the Alteran Race

so let's for once do something different

dacooker
October 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
It's weird how they were all in 'Stasis', until the crew got aboard and started fixing up the system. They must be nomadic/traveler aliens, no real home. Or simply lost in space.
It's funny how they can figure out how to draw power from Destiny, yet cannot figure out the seeder ship has a even greater power source. It's one thing to not like being disturbed, but to go ahead and attack taking power away when you don't need it, that's vengeance. Why are they pissed?

I lol'd in RL when I read the Booger name hate.

nbkbauer
October 13th, 2010, 01:51 PM
so let's for once do something different

I would say that if you’re unsatisfied with that then you probably need to watch another show. That's like complaining that everything in Star Trek is about the Federation or that every time you turn on ESPN all they talk about is sports. If your disinterested in the ancients then perhaps Stargate is not the show for you...I mean come on, the show is called Stargate, and what is the Stargate? The pinnacle of technological achievement for the Alteran's...Like it or not this show is and always will be hinged on them.

nbkbauer
October 13th, 2010, 04:00 PM
...Doubt they are Furlings, not that we know much about them, but I don't think they would hitch a ride on Ancient ships.Those stasis pods definitely looked out of place to me. Not there by design...
It could be plausible though. Think about it...we know that the ancients and the Furlings had cordial relations, and it seems odd that they are the only one of the four great races that is completely absent from the Milky Way. It could explain their absence if they are working together with the ancients in some exploratory fashion. It’s funny that you thought that the pods looked out of place, because my first thought was the exact opposite. Anyways…I’m sure will find out soon enough. At least I hope so. I am itching to find out how all of this stuff fits into the larger picture of the Stargate franchise.

Cavil
October 13th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Im glad people despise it. No offence.

Whoever first coined the name Smurfs for the Blues deserves the same name hate IMO.
I would like their actual race names for them idealy but I doubt we could even pronounce them.

'Sleepers' is acceptable for this new race thus far until we learn a bit more about them and I just love the fact that the majority call the 'Space' aliens the Blues.

I really liked this episode, one of my favourties since Space and Lost.
I like to think of these aliens as friendly for now. Like mentioned, they used non-lethal force on us and I loved the fact that one of them fainted when they saw Volker... I like to assume that it was just as shocked by his apperance as Volker was to its lol.
We are totally alien to it and they've probably not encountered anything remotley similar to us ever.

As for saying that they may be related to the Blues, I hope not. I want them to be their own unique race.

What I was thinking about earlier though was wouldnt it be cool if they were aware of the Blues and maybe the Blues have been hunting them in some way seeing as the seeder ships have passed through the same space as Destiny has...

mmu_man
October 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Was I the only one to notice that we don't see who fires the stunner, and that the aliens don't seem to be carrying any weapon ?
Of course, it could be integrated to what they wear on their arms...

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 13th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Or it could be totally bioelectrical defence mechanism - like they snorted/sneezed electic boogers. That way the writers have a way out of insta-gib energy weapons for our crew.

Adrian_Jackson
October 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
The idea that they're the Furlings blew my mind. I'm going to believe it no matter what anyone tells me otherwise! FUURLLINGGGS!!!

garhkal
October 14th, 2010, 05:54 AM
It's weird how they were all in 'Stasis', until the crew got aboard and started fixing up the system. They must be nomadic/traveler aliens, no real home. Or simply lost in space.
It's funny how they can figure out how to draw power from Destiny, yet cannot figure out the seeder ship has a even greater power source. It's one thing to not like being disturbed, but to go ahead and attack taking power away when you don't need it, that's vengeance. Why are they pissed?

Maybe the reserves they had were what was sustaining the other pods.. and our drawing it off would weaken, possibly kill them.

Or it could be totally bioelectrical defence mechanism - like they snorted/sneezed electic boogers.

Like the Retu had in their arm..??

J_schinderlin56
October 14th, 2010, 11:41 AM
It could be plausible though. Think about it...we know that the ancients and the Furlings had cordial relations, and it seems odd that they are the only one of the four great races that is completely absent from the Milky Way. It could explain their absence if they are working together with the ancients in some exploratory fashion. It’s funny that you thought that the pods looked out of place, because my first thought was the exact opposite. Anyways…I’m sure will find out soon enough. At least I hope so. I am itching to find out how all of this stuff fits into the larger picture of the Stargate franchise.

The production design of the PODs matched the rest of the ship, and other Ancient Tech. And their suits looked a lot like the Destiny EVA suits. Suits that were also used by the Asgard.

Lionheart325
October 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
My guess? They're the long awaited Furlings!

No joke btw lol.

Wayston
October 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
they probably want to manufacture stargates, given a choice between a seeder ship and the destiny I'd go with a seeder ship if I was a local civilization in the area...

Replicator Todd
October 14th, 2010, 02:44 PM
The idea that they're the Furlings blew my mind. I'm going to believe it no matter what anyone tells me otherwise! FUURLLINGGGS!!!

Indeed! :D

mmu_man
October 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I still wonder why the first one collapsed. Either he really had a seizure, or he faked it to see what those strange people would do to him.
Or maybe he anticipated they would try to pump power and knew they could use this situation.

Now, I'm not english native, but hearing it several time it almost sounds like "need power" at the end :P

And those pods... still wondering what those wires are that go to the roof.
What is odd is they didn't seem to have had to dig holes into the ship to get in, so how did they came in ? Maybe they landed on a deck.

Another thing is, the gate stops dialing before Rush gets stunned, still wonder if he didn't actually stop it himself. That'd explain better the "or did you do it to save your dream ?".

mmu_man
October 14th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Hmm they really look as frightened as Telford when they surround him. They are moving slowly, some staying near the pipes as much as possible.

erotavlas
October 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Why would anyone expect these aliens to be the Furlings? The Furlings would at the same level of the Ancients,Asgard, and Nox, why would they even need to bother chasing after and studying some technology they are probably already familiar with.

Ian-S
October 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I liked them, they remind me of my Nan.

nbkbauer
October 14th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Why would anyone expect these aliens to be the Furlings? The Furlings would at the same level of the Ancients,Asgard, and Nox, why would they even need to bother chasing after and studying some technology they are probably already familiar with.
That's the thing. I don't think those aliens are chasing after and studying ancient technology. If they were then why wouldn't they have turned their focus to the Destiny, which is obviously the more important of the two ships. We already saw how intent the Blue's where in stealing Destiny. If they are the Furlings then I think that it's possible that they were/are working with the ancients in some exploratory or maintenance capacity.

pipi
October 14th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Boogers? Ew. were you picking your nose when that name popped into mind.

Furling? They are definitely not furry or cute. Not that anyone knows what one looks like anyway.

How about calling them Iron Man? Looks like the same suit colour and stuff. lol.

garhkal
October 15th, 2010, 03:46 AM
I still wonder why the first one collapsed. Either he really had a seizure, or he faked it to see what those strange people would do to him..

IMO since he just came out of a pod, he was still nausious/weak.

Lionheart325
October 15th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I'm still going with Furlings. At the least it's a way better name than calling them boogers or browns or some other unimaginative name.

And if it's not the Furlings then I reckon the writers and producers are kicking themselves now for not thinking of this and shoving it in Universe. I mean we just have to see them eventually otherwise it's too big a mystery. The only other reference I can think of from the top of my head to Furling tech was that moon than O'neill and Maybourne get trapped on.

PantheraLeo
October 15th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I love the name Boogers!!
Boogers it is !!! :D:D:D:D:D

Egle01
October 15th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Boogers it is !!! :D:D:D:D:DNOOOooo~!

ns2
October 15th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Well according to latest BTS video I don't think that the little guys belong on the ship

nbkbauer
October 15th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Well according to latest BTS video I don't think that the little guys belong on the ship

Do you have a link to the video...I'd like to see it.

Janus
October 15th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I really hope we see the Browns again and that they turn out to be friendlies. The Blues seems like a major threat/enemy and we could use an (alien) ally to keep the show balanced.

mmu_man
October 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Oh, OK. Well, it's official -- you don't get to name anything. Ever. (Sheppard, SGA S01E02)
Guess it applies here.

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Furlings.

kymeric
October 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
That name is weird? Boogers are green, so its not even really related to them at all. L2name imho.

Other than that I liked them, they didnt seem to be enemies. They were just protecting their interest in their ship. I do think they will be friends with Telford the next time we see him. They do seem similar to the Blues. Id imagine everything in that part of the universe is similar. Everything in the pegasus MW Ida neighborhood is similar, largely because of the ancients. Perhaps there is a common ancestor for the blues and the browns in that region? Maybe the planet builders?

Lionheart325
October 15th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Maybe the planet builders?

I always assumed that the planet was made by either the Ancients or a form of Ancients if you catch my drift. No I think the tech is too high for these (Furlings ftw).

And please if you don't think them to be the Furlings can't someone come up with a more imaginatve name? To me I reckon they look like that navigator alien from the film Titan A.E. Yeah sad I know that I remember some cartoon film ages ago but still thats what it reminds me of. Think it's name was Prunes or Gunes or something like that..

timebandit
October 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Id like the aliens to at least have names, and communicate just a little more..

dacooker
October 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM

I like this idea as well. The Furlings were part of the 4 great races, it's very plausible they are assisting the ancients by manning the seeder ships. We know nothing about the Furlings. We assume they are furry lol. What if they are snot green, and can hibernate in stasis pods, prolonging their life indefinitely. Oh wow the perfect crew.

Hmm they really look as frightened as Telford when they surround him. They are moving slowly, some staying near the pipes as much as possible.

They didn't seem threatening, more like they were confused. Wondering why they left without him, maybe get Telford to help them. What if they are the Furlings? maybe they come back during a space battle to save they day by firing stargates like Sonic Booms...eh

Boogers it is !!! :D:D:D:D:D

This

That name is weird? Boogers are green, so its not even really related to them at all. L2name imho.

Other than that I liked them, they didnt seem to be enemies. They were just protecting their interest in their ship. I do think they will be friends with Telford the next time we see him. They do seem similar to the Blues. Id imagine everything in that part of the universe is similar. Everything in the pegasus MW Ida neighborhood is similar, largely because of the ancients. Perhaps there is a common ancestor for the blues and the browns in that region? Maybe the planet builders?

Seriously, your boogers are forest green? The boogers are snot green, it's kinda an off greenish/yellow, definitely not brown, please do not call them that.

I totally agree, they do not seem hostile, it was more or less defense. The Smurfs and Lucian Alliance, they are the epitome of "the enemy".

ns2
October 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Do you have a link to the video...I'd like to see it.

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2471/index.html

I might be reading to much into it

mmu_man
October 16th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Btw, interestingly their round pods seem to be small enough to go through the gate...

T-N-Z
October 17th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I think it's version of the Asgards before they became clones-only

dacooker
October 17th, 2010, 10:36 AM
The story

The Boogers first invaded the Smurf galaxy sometime ago. They arrived via the seederships. The boogers would evaluate the planets they would stop at, relaying the coordinates to their other ships. They would harvest resources and move on, they are a nomadic race of travelers. They were forever changed with the arrival of the seeder ships, boarding them on the quest treating it almost religious.
However once they encountered the Smurfs, a war was soon on. The Smurfs are extremely hostile, territorial, and single minded. They tried but couldn't stop they Boogers advancement into their space. They could take out some of the Booger ships, but the seederships defenses were too much. The Smurfs obsessed over Boogers for years, and years, until they Discovered Destiny. It's only a matter of time until a giant space battle ensues.

nbkbauer
October 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I think it's version of the Asgards before they became clones-only

That would be cool but the only problem is that in the SG1 episode Revelations, a pre-clone Asgard was shown and it looked more humanoid than these creatures. They also kinda used that whole, "surprise it's the Asgard" trick in Atlantis.

Shai Hulud
October 17th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Id like to think that the Boogers were the last line of defence for the seed ships, placed in stasis by the Ancients who launched the seed ships to ensure that anyone who boards the vessel can be stopped from capturing it. They seem pretty at home with ancient tech and only move to defend the ship when the Destiny begins leeching power. Kinda explains the reaction to Volker too, poor lil Booger was so shocked at meeting one of its makers that it fainted.

Ed
October 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I would prefer them be their own race not connected to any MW races

I like the idea that this area of space is massively influenced by the planet builders in the same way the local group is all alteran influenced.

Also I like the idea that want the gate seeder for their own use i mean those things are really really useful why wouldn't you want to be able to build them

major davis
October 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Wait.. howd they get the name boogers again?

Lionheart325
October 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Wait.. howd they get the name boogers again?

I dunno.. I guess one person suggested it, and several people started using it..

I'm still going with Furlings. Furlings ftw!

PantheraLeo
October 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM
No..Boogers!

xxxevilgrinxxx
October 18th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Brown Aliens, Shorty Aliens, these I can get behind but there is no way in hell I'm calling anything booger aliens

dacooker
October 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I don't get where the "Brown" comes from, other than their uniforms. I hope they don't change them to blue, we'd be in trouble then!

BTW I coined the term "Boogers."

SGU is more realistic, so all the aliens aren't human and don't speak engilsh. The problem is we don't know what they call themselves, so we're forced to come up with intelligent answers. We'll name them Blues, Smurfs, Browns, or Boogers, all the names are in essence insulting to their true names. So in the long run why not have fun. =D

kymeric
October 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Id probably call them all Steve or something, lol.

garhkal
October 19th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Id like to think that the Boogers were the last line of defence for the seed ships, placed in stasis by the Ancients who launched the seed ships to ensure that anyone who boards the vessel can be stopped from capturing it. They seem pretty at home with ancient tech and only move to defend the ship when the Destiny begins leeching power. Kinda explains the reaction to Volker too, poor lil Booger was so shocked at meeting one of its makers that it fainted.

This is the hypothesis i am leaning towards.

randomking
October 19th, 2010, 03:10 PM
its as simple as browns = good guys and blues = bad guys...and for those of you who think the browns were put on the ships by the ancients if you look at the pods they look like they were put there after destiny was built...

Shai Hulud
October 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM
The Boogers understanding of ancient tech and the systems of the seed ship suggest that they have been there a long time, long enough to master the controls or perhaps they were taught the controls by the people who actually built the ship in the first place.

Something obviously went wrong with the ship and it lost power to some of its systems, when Volker and Brody reboot the systems the stasis pods crack open. We know from the casting lists that Telford makes appearances further down the line so either Destiny goes back to get him or he somehow manages to catch up. Perhaps the Boogers knowledge of the ship, far in advance of Telfords rudimentary skills, is the key to him getting back?

morbosfist
October 19th, 2010, 08:07 PM
They have a name now: Ursini.

October 19, 2010: Stargate: Universe, “Pathogen”, tonight at 9:00 p.m. on SyFy! (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/october-19-2010-stargate-universe-pathogen-tonight-at-900-p-m-on-syfy/)

dacooker
October 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM

October 19, 2010: Stargate: Universe, “Pathogen”, tonight at 9:00 p.m. on SyFy! (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/october-19-2010-stargate-universe-pathogen-tonight-at-900-p-m-on-syfy/)

Pronounced 'Boo-grr' HA!

mi_guard
October 20th, 2010, 07:41 AM

yeah - saw it on yesterday's JM's blog.

Any idea if this name has any meaning? it reminds me of the Latin word for "Bear" but they do not have any ressemblance to bears.

xxxevilgrinxxx
October 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM
yeah - saw it on yesterday's JM's blog.

Any idea if this name has any meaning? it reminds me of the Latin word for "Bear" but they do not have any ressemblance to bears.

when I first saw the name, that's what I thought too, and it might be because of the shape of the skull in the original sketches?

garhkal
October 21st, 2010, 02:59 AM

I would love to see if his (or the other designers) notes had what they were wanting to call the blues..

nbkbauer
October 21st, 2010, 06:19 AM
when I first saw the name, that's what I thought too, and it might be because of the shape of the skull in the original sketches?
....Or it's because the ancients call them that. We all know from past experiance that the ancient language is a precursor to Latin. Also to continue my ridiculous speculation about this. What is a bear if not furry? Ursini->Bear->Furry->Furrlings!

AH HA!

nbkbauer
October 21st, 2010, 06:25 AM
ah never mind, JM answers this controversy outright.

Nbkbauer writes: “Quick question….some of us over at gateworld are latching on to this little theory about these brown fellas having been former residents of the Milky Way…should we continue to hold out hope for this or forget about it right now?”

Answer: Abandon hope. Sorry.

xxxevilgrinxxx
October 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
....Or it's because the ancients call them that. We all know from past experiance that the ancient language is a precursor to Latin. Also to continue my ridiculous speculation about this. What is a bear if not furry? Ursini->Bear->Furry->Furrlings!

AH HA!

*whispers* - you know the ancients aren't really real, right, and can't name anything? :)

garhkal
October 22nd, 2010, 05:12 AM
ah never mind, JM answers this controversy outright.

We need to have him answer then are they supposed to be on the ship or are they stowaways!

morbosfist
October 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
We need to have him answer then are they supposed to be on the ship or are they stowaways!There's a video on MGM answering that, too. They came to investigate the ship.

garhkal
October 23rd, 2010, 03:53 AM
Got a link?? Please

morbosfist
October 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Got a link?? Pleasehttp://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2470/index.html

That one.

garhkal
October 25th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Not much there.. just him saying "and another race who said cool ship, lets check it out'. BUT it does confirm what you said.